Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

thanks i know most breeds don't know about a swedish vallhund so will have to look into them. thats great will your breeder support you and offer advice for the future ifyou want to breed? mine does i even got to stay at hers and steal her bed lol great friends now :eek:
I didn't know about them either, never heard of them before a few months ago! But I am a big dog sort of person and I wanted something like a GSD or Husky or something like that, a "masculine" dog, and the SV has everything I'm looking for and I won't have to spend a fortune on food for a giant dog that my mom wouldn't let me have anyways! I read into them quite a bit and the "big dogs inside little bodies" were just the perfect match for me.

I think she'll definitely guide me along the path if I ever decide to breed one day in the future :eek: That would be absolutely wonderful.

The advice she's given me so far--no "accidents" with other breeds allowed! :eek: But I'm sure every purebreed owner has the same advice. And who would want to taint a perfect bloodline anyways?? I don't want to give my poor breeder "vallhoodles" or something as grandchildren one day!

Oh I can only imagine your level of excitement!!

I have 2 weeks and one day before our little one comes to her new home...but whos counting right?! Me! Thats who!

I didnt think I could ever be this excited about anything. I dont even think I was this excited as a kid on Xmas morning! I don't know if my mind and body can wait another 2 weeks but then hey, it has to.

I can only imagine how you feel with less than a week to go!

I also have everything ready to go. I even got my CCCQ membership card today! I've spent alot more than I anticipated at petshops and online but I think I have everything...

except food too. Im finding the food side of things really confusing.

Shes even booked in now for her puppy school.

I got bedding, and blankets, and stuffed toy (complete with heartbeat to help a puppy in a new home more comfortable) and just about every single sort of kong possible (1 for a puppy, A ball, the traditional, a dental one, a dental one with rope etc) LOTS and LOTS of other toys including a bob-a-lot thingy, her crate, all her toiletries like shampoo, a dremel for nails and ear cleaner and toothpaste etc, harnesses, collars and leads, food bowls travel bowls, travel crate...have I forgotten anything?! hehe Im sure theres plenty I still need to get.....thats my excuse anyway and im sticking to it. Im loving pet shopping atm! The way she is going, shes going to need her own bathroom and bedroom just for her belongings! I already need to new bookshelf for all the books and dvds I have been buying.

Oh I know what I need to have handy..some bitter spray! I also need to get worming/tick/flea treatments too but I figured I would talk to my vet about it on our first visit. I think I know what I want to use but wanna check all the same (as I dont know if I should continue using what the breeder has etc)

My lounge actually looks like a petshop/sewing factory atm as I have been making all my puppies bedding, crate cover and blankets myself.....and while had the machine out I had to make some new curtains for the guest room etc

Trying to keep myself busy to help time go by quicker but it ain't working.

Well I didnt actually follow a pattern so to speak...

With the blankets, I just got two different pieces of fabric and sewed them together around the edges.

One bed I cheated and found these bath mats (not rubber backed ones) I likes on special so got two of them and sewed them together and added a zip at one end.

One bed I made like a rectangle box. Theres the top and the bottom and then 4 sides all sewed together. One side has a zip and on that one I got fancy and put piping on it.

Pretty proud of myself really as Im new to sewing and im using one of those mini sewing machines.

Am going to make another bath mat bed cause its easy, cheap and quick..

and im going to make another box type one but much thinner for her crate. It's been on hold though while Ive been busy making the curtains.

1 week and 6 days to go!! Need a valium considering I don't think they will allow a medically induced coma!

10 hours to go til I pick up my puppy everything is ready and waiting and the excitement is building to exploding point. Can't wait for the morning early rising for a long drive to the breeders.

:):) :p :D :D :D :o:laugh:

I am SOOOOO excited for you!!!!

Have fun today!!!!

5 days for me :D

well like I said before I picked up my puppy yesterday :p and it took me all day to find a name that suited my pup and that I liked.

So Her Name Is Akasha.

She is telling my older dog to leave her alone and guess what... the older dog is listening :laugh: :laugh: :o

So this morning I picked up my puppy and this is how she was most of the trip home

This is her now covered by her coat

I think the windy drive home worn her out

What a lovely puppy!

a what a comfy crate she has!!!

She is lovely and a have-a-chat but after her sleep yesterday she only slept in the middle of the floor in the wind. And she already wakes me when she needs to go toilet :D such a relief :thanks:

Took her to the vets this morning and asked about her droopy eyes and was told it could be from a damaged nerve and that her left ear may never stand up :rofl: but I still love her just the same. :laugh:

So this morning I picked up my puppy and this is how she was most of the trip home

This is her now covered by her coat

I think the windy drive home worn her out

What a lovely puppy!

a what a comfy crate she has!!!

She is lovely and a have-a-chat but after her sleep yesterday she only slept in the middle of the floor in the wind. And she already wakes me when she needs to go toilet :D such a relief :thanks:

Took her to the vets this morning and asked about her droopy eyes and was told it could be from a damaged nerve and that her left ear may never stand up :rofl: but I still love her just the same. :laugh:

I thought she was a GR or maremma from those photos lol!

But now i am guessing she is a white shep?

That will be very cute if one ear stays floppy. I'm sure it won't impact on her health at all, apart from you having to check the ear more frequently.

Oh your new puppy is adorable!!

You must be sooo proud!

I love the crate cushion too...looks very comfy indeed.

I wanna see if I can find something similar for my crate now as I only have a basic sorta crate mat. The sort that pretty much fills the tray but thats it.

I really like yours going up the sides, making it that little more comfy and secluded.

1 week and 3 days for me! I can't believe Im down to saying one week!

I thought this thread, for me, would be a little frustrating...jealous of all the cute puppies but instead its been the opposite. Its been such a joy to share yours journeys of inviting a new member into your families. For that I must send out a lot of thanks!

Oh your new puppy is adorable!!

You must be sooo proud!

I love the crate cushion too...looks very comfy indeed.

I wanna see if I can find something similar for my crate now as I only have a basic sorta crate mat. The sort that pretty much fills the tray but thats it.

I really like yours going up the sides, making it that little more comfy and secluded.

1 week and 3 days for me! I can't believe Im down to saying one week!

I thought this thread, for me, would be a little frustrating...jealous of all the cute puppies but instead its been the opposite. Its been such a joy to share yours journeys of inviting a new member into your families. For that I must send out a lot of thanks!

The bed is one of these It doesn't fill the whole crate so it is good at making the size of the crate smaller, but it is still a cosy bed for the dogs when they get bigger. My great dane cross decided he wanted to try out the bed before Akasha got home and he curled up in it and was very happy ..... until I kicked him out :D The size I bought was XL and it fits into a 120cm wire crate just fine but does leave about 30 cm of space in the crate but I just put other bedding in there and she can decide where she wants to sleep. At the moment she has decided to sleep on her mink blanket in the middle of the floor :laugh: so the bed has all her toys until she decides she wants to sleep there.

My Dane X is being annoying , he keeps bowling her over and scaring her so i'm making a fenced run for her to be away from him so that she doesn't become DA.