Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I selected my pup yesterday only at 2 weeks. These wee things (Westies) are so high in demand everywhere!

I picked a boy and have called him Murci!

Can't wait to pick him up in 6 weeks time!!!! :rofl:

Just need to buy a few last things for him before he comes home!!

He was the smallest out of the litter but snuggled up on my chest and my friends when we held him, I just knew he was the one. So placid and affectionate! :D

Took a pic with my phone - a little blurry though!

post-35796-1280716511_thumb.jpg

Will be seeing him again in 4 weeks to see how he's travelling.

EXCITED!! :D :o :D

Doesn't time seem to go soooo slow when waiting for a puppy!

My potential pup was born 3 weeks ago so there is at least 5 weeks to go. The last 2 weeks has felt like 3 years...whats the next 5 going to be like?!

Doesn't time seem to go soooo slow when waiting for a puppy!

My potential pup was born 3 weeks ago so there is at least 5 weeks to go. The last 2 weeks has felt like 3 years...whats the next 5 going to be like?!

It's going to feel like it will never come just like is it is when you wait for the pups to be born and for those first photos :laugh:

3 weeks till I pick my girl up though well worth the wait.

Very exciting Ex, hope the next month flies by for you!

Desperately trying to chase down a pup myself

6 weeks to go for me!! I selected one yesterday, so gorgeous!

What are you thinking of getting?? ;)

An Akita. I'm on the waiting list for one due around Nov/Dec, but I was hoping to register my interest with another breeder so that I don't wait 5 months and end up disappointed if for some reason I don't get a pup. Unfortunately they're hard to come by in Qld. (Even the breeder I'm waiting on is in SA)

Hello all! I've been wanting a puppy since I was a little girl. My mum was never a fan of dogs. I'm finally moving out after school this year so I'm finally able to get a puppy! Hopefully late November or early December. So exciting!!! A few months wait seems nothing compared to how long I've been waiting now.

I will be getting an Aussie Shepherd. ;) :rofl::mad

Hello all! I've been wanting a puppy since I was a little girl. My mum was never a fan of dogs. I'm finally moving out after school this year so I'm finally able to get a puppy! Hopefully late November or early December. So exciting!!! A few months wait seems nothing compared to how long I've been waiting now.

I will be getting an Aussie Shepherd. :heart::laugh: :laugh:

Aussies are gorgeous! Hopefully one day I'll have an Aussie too. (Though if I really could, my whole house would be a zoo! :eek:)

Edited by minxy

Sheree e4 - She is just beautiful, I really like Koolies, they are beautiful dogs but not sure if I would do them justice so never really thought about them more ;)

I can finally join in this thread, my baby girl was born 1.5 weeks ago, she is a very special girl as well as being my youngest boys first and more than likely only litter, she is being named in rememberance of my mum who passed this year and it was a singleton litter!! So glad I wanted a girl :(

I have attached a picture of pup and the handsome dad :mad She has her daddy's white stripe :)

Her name (at this stage) will be Jovi, coincinding with her registered name *prefix* Living on a prayer......:mad

post-1761-1280835630_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1280835973_thumb.jpg

4 Looooooong weeks to go for me!

I thought I was excited a week ago.....keeps growing by the hour! Getting a little scared too I must admit...with it being my first puppy/dog as an adult. Ive waiting over 30 years for this!

I think I just about have everything now for the puppies arrival...got a traditional crate, plastic travel crate, some toys, grooming items (nail peti trimmer, shampoo, combs/brushes, toothpaste etc), collars, leads etc.

I even went to a Build your own teddy shop where I built a teddy bear...complete with a heartbeat for that puppy that misses its litter siblings! This puppy sure will be spoilt! Ive spent more in it in the last 4 weeks than I have on myself in 4 years!

Backyard is puppy proof even though for the first few months she will be fully supervised while outdoors. Fence is fully secure and all toxic plants have been removed (tomatoes etc) Indoors is almost puppy proof....Im sure the puppy will test that tho and it will be an ongoing process.

Ive been making my own bedding and blankets and although its my first time on a sewing machine (or a needle and thread even!), and im teaching myself, im quite happy with the results! Even have zippers for easy washing! Im quite proud of myself if I do say so. And its all done on one of those mini 50 dollar machines!

I can't stop looking at the photos the breeder sent me of the two potential puppies I can choose from (getting show puppy so getting first pick so to speak and the breeder is almost certain that there is at least 2 of show quality)

Trying to join Dogs Queensland which seems to be trickier than expected. Its been about 6 weeks now and about 3 phone calls and im still waiting on a membership pack to be sent out so I can read up, apply for membership etc.

Looking forward to the EKKA this weekend to see some doggies in show action.

How can I make time go faster?! Time keeps going slower and slower. I think I have read EVERYTHING I possibly can about the breed and puppies and training and health etc...well ok, not everything but ALOT. Its to the point now where im re reading everything. Still get confused though on tick/worm and flea treatments...I will discuss this more with a vet once I find a really good one. There are toooo many in the local area and no one I know has pets so cant suggest any. I also gotta find the right trainer too.

Wish I could sleep for 4 weeks!! if only it were that easy.

what sort of pup are you getting??

mine new one will be 6 weeks on the weekend so only 2 weeks til he can come home and then its up to the plane gods LOL.

we have narrowed names to Tsar, loopy and falcore :laugh:

so next week ill pay the last little bit off pup so as soon as he hits 8 weeks he can be on the plane :champagne::thumbsup::birthday:

Hi everyone at least some of you guys only have to wait afew weeks mine havent even been mated yet! We are getting a collie and if all goes well wont have a pup till early next year. Cute pics of all the puppies though.

Yea, ours hasn't been mated yet either. What kind of collie are you getting?