Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hullo yes I'm another of the puppy-less :laugh: My partner and I are waiting for our backyard to be completed (it's currently just construction sand) next year before we get a pup. I'm set on a male Samoyed, with the name Zephyr in mind :D

Hullo yes I'm another of the puppy-less :laugh: My partner and I are waiting for our backyard to be completed (it's currently just construction sand) next year before we get a pup. I'm set on a male Samoyed, with the name Zephyr in mind :D

We're currently trying to prepare our backyard too. Hoping to rip down one side of the fence in the next week or two. One side has completely rotted and we've just discovered that the only reason it's still standing is because the old owners tied bits of scrap metal to it to weigh it!

Hopefully we'll have our puppy around December/January. It's so hard waiting! We're getting an Akita puppy - OH wants a female. Trying to think of a good name, preferably something that will "go" with our two cats names - Mika and Oscar.

Thanks everyone :rofl: Well today it looks like he's starting to get used to the new environment. He can be a little devil when he is hyper, but otherwise great. He is already used to his crate at night but during the day he prefers sleeping on the kitchen floor. Also occasionally the couch too :eek:

Some quick photos of Stanley

2dspxmo.jpg

jgqnme.jpg

He will be going to his first check-up tomorrow as I suspect the poor little guy has an umbilical hernia. :)

Aw Stanley is gorgeous! Congrats! That is great that he is so used to his crate already. Hamish took months to settle at night with his! That is no good about the hernia :rofl: do you think he had it when you got him? Hope all goes good at the vet

Woohoo Samoyed!!

I had great fun trying on names using the Google translate website - translating things from English ("Snow" "Ice" "Mist" "Frost" etc.) into northern European languages (like Finnish, Danish, Russian, Norwegian). They didn't have the right sound that I was looking for though, and I ended up going through Greek deities and deciding on Zephyr :(

Thank you for the compliments :rofl:

Stanley was one of the two names I could get my boyfriend to agree with. The other name was Achilles but thought it would be too hard for his younger sisters to pronounce. Stanley suits him much better anyway :eek:

Aw Stanley is gorgeous! Congrats! That is great that he is so used to his crate already. Hamish took months to settle at night with his! That is no good about the hernia :rofl: do you think he had it when you got him? Hope all goes good at the vet

Thanks Cat :eek: Everything went fine at the vets today. The hernia is nothing to worry about, I can choose to have it surgically removed when Stanley is desexed. The breeder did not notice he had one and was very apologetic. She even offered to pay for the surgery.