Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

she is so adorable <3

Thanks spitzbaby, we are taking her (and Ringo) to the beach for the first time today, I can't wait. :love:

Awww do they get to play in the water? it's a lil cold here where I am though xD

any photos? photos? and more photos? :cry:

Hi all, I'm a total newbie, so I figured I'd start in this post seeming as I found my puppy through this very website :D

It's been 5 long weeks now since I first met 7 squirming little Welsh Pembroke Corgi pups, one of which I get to keep.

Nearly two months ago, my Corgi X, Shandy, passed away. She was turning 15 this year. It was absolutely devastating, especially because it was so unexpected (she ran under a family friend's car) and for her age, she was doing so well. She was losing her hearing a little (I think that's why she didn't hear the car), but other than that she was fine. She was my childhood companion, my best friend, and it still hurts thinking about the fact that she's gone. I just never thought (or wanted to think) that she would ever leave us.

Whilst I'll always miss Shandy, I knew that it I couldn't live without another little friend to look after, which is why I did some extensive research and found a reputable breeder to get my little boy from :eat:

I'm getting him next Sunday, so I'm pretty excited as you may expect!

Hi Buckley! welcome.. I'm new here too and also waiting on my baby boy :laugh: Mine won't be coming home with me as soon as yours though.. but I'm already excited.. can't imagine how it feels for you.. remember to take photos and show us :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to take many photos ;)

Hi Buckley! welcome.. I'm new here too and also waiting on my baby boy :eek: Mine won't be coming home with me as soon as yours though.. but I'm already excited.. can't imagine how it feels for you.. remember to take photos and show us :D

Ohh... when are you going to get your little boy?!

Hi Vi (I'm really hoping this is your name and I haven't just assumed wrongly if not :) )

If everything goes smoothly I will be getting him in around 6 weeks or so.. How's Emmy doing? everytime I see her on your sig I get so excited waiting for my boy and keep smilling ear to ear :thumbsup:

Hi Buckley! welcome.. I'm new here too and also waiting on my baby boy :eek: Mine won't be coming home with me as soon as yours though.. but I'm already excited.. can't imagine how it feels for you.. remember to take photos and show us :D

Ohh... when are you going to get your little boy?!

Hi Vi (I'm really hoping this is your name and I haven't just assumed wrongly if not :) )

If everything goes smoothly I will be getting him in around 6 weeks or so.. How's Emmy doing? everytime I see her on your sig I get so excited waiting for my boy and keep smilling ear to ear :thumbsup:

Haha... Vi is my name :D

OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! You must post pics up!! I'm grinning like mad now for you!!

Who are you getting your little boy from?

Emmy is doing great... she's giving her brother a run for his money on the cuddles now. She will literally climb on my chest and tuck her head on my chin for her cuddles.. very sweet and very cute :)

Aww shereee Karma is so cute... and you'll be having her soon! :D

Oh.. Vi, can you tell me Emma's collar size when she was 8 weeks? :)

I can't decide between the sizes.. do they get to 20 cm by then? :)

:)

Collar size: Tiny!! We used the smallest collar we could find!

Emmy was just over 1kg when we first got her.

I am waiting for my puppy as well.

She will be coming in a few weeks. She is going to be my first show dog.

P5260304.jpg

IMG_6880-1.jpg

IMG_6802-1.jpg

is that a Lappie? soo cute :laugh::)

:o

Collar size: Tiny!! We used the smallest collar we could find!

Emmy was just over 1kg when we first got her.

uh oh.. I better go get the XS then haha... thanks :)

Aww so many beautiful puppies!

I have been rather slack posting photos. Bjorn came home on saturday and he's settled in beautifully. He's sleeping well, responding well to training and is just a sweet, gentle confident little thing. He did very well at puppy preschool on tuesday night, the trainer commented on how confident and placid he was in my arms and he played really well with the other dogs - very full on but not rough. I thought he did particularly well since he'd only had a lead on that morning and all the other puppies were 12-16 weeks compared to his 8.

Bjorn-04.jpg

He loves going outside which is making toilet training that much easier

Bjorn-02.jpg

"Pinebark is awesome Mummy."

Bjorn-05.jpg

"Geez, don't panic I'll spit it out."

Bjorn-03.jpg

"Wow what's that?"

Bjorn-01.jpg

"Hey this one drops food! Daddy didn't think that through."

Bjorn-00.jpg

Kirby, Evie and Bjorn on The Kitty Tower of Doom. Evie got stuck since Bjorn fell asleep there. They've now taken to sleeping in Ava's cot since he's nearly always under the scratching post now. I told them he'd be too big soon but it didn't seems to comfort them much :rofl:

Bjorn-13.jpg

Bjorn-07.jpg

Bjorn-08.jpg

Bjorn-11.jpg

Edited by Verdant Amphibian

VA- Whow - your photos are awesome. Bjorn looks like he is going to be a great addition to your gorgeous family. It's so much fun to watch your puppy explore things for the first time. Thanks for sharing them :rofl:

Evo - Looks like a definite winner to me - Congratulations !!!!

How long now QBF???

Clasic - What a wuzzie - you must be so pleased :rofl:

dsc_6539.jpg

Edited by cornell

Well, it's been a long wait but we're due to pick up our new Border Collie pup on Saturday. We had our name down on a waiting list before puppy was even conceived! We (for we, read my better half) has decided the dog is going to be an outside sleeper. Call me soft but I'm a bit concerned about leaving the 8 week old pup outside in the cold of winter ( we live in Perth so it will get down to about 4 or 5 degrees). We've got a nice kennel which will be under cover and fairly sheltered from the worst of the wind. We will have a nice soft bed for him to lie on inside the kennel.

Am I just being soft? After all, I've seen eight below and they seemed ok ;-).

Is 5 degrees cold for an 8 week old border collie pup???

Well, it's been a long wait but we're due to pick up our new Border Collie pup on Saturday. We had our name down on a waiting list before puppy was even conceived! We (for we, read my better half) has decided the dog is going to be an outside sleeper. Call me soft but I'm a bit concerned about leaving the 8 week old pup outside in the cold of winter ( we live in Perth so it will get down to about 4 or 5 degrees). We've got a nice kennel which will be under cover and fairly sheltered from the worst of the wind. We will have a nice soft bed for him to lie on inside the kennel.

Am I just being soft? After all, I've seen eight below and they seemed ok ;-).

Is 5 degrees cold for an 8 week old border collie pup???

Congrates!!

That's not being soft. Both my dogs sleep on the bed with me... one sleeps under the covers so he can have some of the electric blanket.

How long now QBF???

Hi cornell! Lovely photo of Hudson :whip: I hope he is settling in well and not causing too much trouble!

I will be picking up my little boy from the airport on the 24th :confused: Hopefully I get to choose my pup very soon.

4 weeks old:

post-34377-1277971566_thumb.jpgpost-34377-1277971582_thumb.jpg

QBF - Wow what an agonising wait for you as it feels as though you have waited been waiting for so long already!

It is an anxious time knowing that your family is so ready but the pup has not fully developed yet. At least you have the most amazing photos to coo over.

I must say the visit to the airport is incredibly exciting - like going to the hospital for an adoption.

Hudson is definitely a live wire - quite the opposite to our older girl.

Fortunately for us he can also be sweet and charming which kinda makes up for his shockingly cheeky antics. :confused::scold::whip:

dsc_7578.jpg