Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Well, it looks like we might be getting a dog sooner than we thought - OH's parents dog! They've been having huge problems with their neighbours for quite some time, mostly to do with their poor dog. Neighbours used to throw cricket bats etc at the dog. Now they keep reporting her to the council for barking. Council have come out several times and watched her; she's never barked. But they've still ended up putting an anti-bark collar on her :( All the fighting is causing OH's parents a lot of stress, so we're thinking that once we rebuild our new fence we will have her come live with us. She's a golden retriever, about 7/8 years old. We'll still get a puppy when we can though. Which I think is great, as I prefer two dogs to live together.

HI everyone im going to the durack dog shows on the 18th of Sep to see my breeders dogs and mum and dad. Ive seen mum and dad on her website and they are gorgeous, dad has a very full coat. There will be heaps of collies there so ill be in collie heaven lol

Minxy great news about getting you OH parents dog, what nice neighbours :( how can they do that, we have awful neighbours behind us but at the end of the day what can you do unless you move and im hoping to do that next year sometime. Some people just have to be pains in the asses.

Yea I have no idea what drives people to be so cruel. It's a shame that they will most likely end up having to move as well. I'm looking forward to having her come and live with us. That's very exciting about the dog show - that will be so much fun!

I have 4 more weeks to wait till I get my lil Westie Pup "Murci" :(

I have a question though, a slight complication has come up where I have to go away for 3-4 nights (over a wkend) to NZ (back home to the family). At this time Murci will be only 13 weeks old (so only 1 month and 1 week at home with us).

Do you think its ok if we have someone stay at our place to look after him? - Hoping that my months training won't go out the window whilst we are away for 3-4 nights.

Also, he still needs to be fed about 3 times a day, and the people looking after him could probably only feed him twice a day due to full time jobs.

My partner said he would stay and look after him and I'll go instead to NZ. But both of us are required to go as it's my nephews (2 of them) baptism's - we are god parents.

Hmmm.. not sure what to do!!

I don't want to kennel him either, I just hope to keep the training going at home with someone there whilst we are away.

Anyone had a similar thing happen when having a 4 month pup?

Thanks for any help in advance!! :rofl:

Collie rough she should be a tri colour if everything goes ok. The mum is due to come into heat in the next few weeks.

WOW!! I bet you'll be very very excited when you visit her with all the lovely collies around ;) That means you're hoping she will carry a tri colour? sorry I'm not an expert with collies, but do they usually have tri or is it depending on chance?

He is so cute Spitzbaby! I bet he is well worth your patient wait. How exciting for you. :laugh:

Edited to ask: Are you waking him to take him out during the night? Or does he wake you when he needs to go?

Thanks Naomi :mad He is very worth it :rofl:

He will make some noise when he has to go, if he doesn't wake up, I wouldn't wake him up unless I know it's his meal time, I try to stick to a time for his meals so I know his "number 2" calls timing :laugh:

Oh wow Spitzbaby, what a gorgeous pup!! So jealous :laugh:

Thanks, which puppy are you looking at to get? another golden?

I have 4 more weeks to wait till I get my lil Westie Pup "Murci" :D

I have a question though, a slight complication has come up where I have to go away for 3-4 nights (over a wkend) to NZ (back home to the family). At this time Murci will be only 13 weeks old (so only 1 month and 1 week at home with us).

Do you think its ok if we have someone stay at our place to look after him? - Hoping that my months training won't go out the window whilst we are away for 3-4 nights.

Also, he still needs to be fed about 3 times a day, and the people looking after him could probably only feed him twice a day due to full time jobs.

My partner said he would stay and look after him and I'll go instead to NZ. But both of us are required to go as it's my nephews (2 of them) baptism's - we are god parents.

Hmmm.. not sure what to do!!

I don't want to kennel him either, I just hope to keep the training going at home with someone there whilst we are away.

Anyone had a similar thing happen when having a 4 month pup?

Thanks for any help in advance!! :D

I haven't had the experience but I know I'll need to leave my boy for 10 days in January, I'm already panicking now..

If the person minding your puppy is dog savvy maybe you can tell them the routine? maybe that'll help

editted: because I was blind

Edited by spitzbaby

Oh wow Spitzbaby, what a gorgeous pup!! So jealous :laugh:

Thanks, which puppy are you looking at to get? another golden?

Nah, trying to get an Akita puppy. I must admit, GR's aren't really my sort of dog. Mali is lovely though, so it will be nice to have her come and live with us.

Have any of you had any thought about what would happen if you wanted to use your puppy for breeding one day when it's grown up? Does anyone like the sound of that for the pup they're getting? Or is everyone just after a friend and I'm the only one getting kid-excited about the future "family" of a puppy that hasn't even been born yet? :laugh: I've been considering asking my prospective breeder about buying the dog without the desexing contract but considering the amount of trouble I'm already going to so that my dad will change his mind about funding my furry friend's purchase, I don't think a rise in pricetag will make him look more favouribly on the situation.

:o He wants to get me a $50 Kelpie from the flea markets, ffs.

edit: also, I have come across "OH" a lot of times on this site, what does it mean?

Edited by Djubre

I was thinking that my boy will certainly be the most handsome SV around (:) biased, I know), that showing him would be a really cool experience and give me a little something to brag about. :laugh: I don't really have plans for him as a breeder but dammit, SV puppies are like cute little teddy bears and I want the chance for Hugo to be a father one day :p

OH = Other Half.. well that makes sense now, I couldn't for the life of me guess what that meant!

Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt your discussions but I'm now waiting for a puppy too - so excited!

I'm going to pick out my sable Sheltie puppy on Sunday morning, and then have to endure a 2-week wait until I can bring him home!

I am so excited and nervous at the same time - we've only ever had adult dogs and I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew (excuse the pun) with a little puppy!

- Tegan

Have any of you had any thought about what would happen if you wanted to use your puppy for breeding one day when it's grown up? Does anyone like the sound of that for the pup they're getting? Or is everyone just after a friend and I'm the only one getting kid-excited about the future "family" of a puppy that hasn't even been born yet? :confused: I've been considering asking my prospective breeder about buying the dog without the desexing contract but considering the amount of trouble I'm already going to so that my dad will change his mind about funding my furry friend's purchase, I don't think a rise in pricetag will make him look more favouribly on the situation.

:confused: He wants to get me a $50 Kelpie from the flea markets, ffs.

edit: also, I have come across "OH" a lot of times on this site, what does it mean?

can i ask what an SV is??

My rotti pup is hopefully going to join in my breeding program i got my prefix and i own my pup's mother (but i sent her back to her breeder for her litter) i hope that both girls will be the start of my foundation :laugh: well one is so far lol :mad

My rotti pup is hopefully going to join in my breeding program i got my prefix and i own my pup's mother (but i sent her back to her breeder for her litter) i hope that both girls will be the start of my foundation :eek: well one is so far lol :D

Sorry, I'm frustrated with all the abbreviations and such too, but I've started using them as well now :eek: SV = Swedish Vallhund, yes :o

Also, good news, just asked my breeder and there's no pricechange for a breeding-quality pup! I feel so lucky to have such a good breeder!! :eek:

My rotti pup is hopefully going to join in my breeding program i got my prefix and i own my pup's mother (but i sent her back to her breeder for her litter) i hope that both girls will be the start of my foundation :eek: well one is so far lol :D

Sorry, I'm frustrated with all the abbreviations and such too, but I've started using them as well now :eek: SV = Swedish Vallhund, yes :)

Also, good news, just asked my breeder and there's no pricechange for a breeding-quality pup! I feel so lucky to have such a good breeder!! :eek:

\

thanks i know most breeds don't know about a swedish vallhund so will have to look into them. thats great will your breeder support you and offer advice for the future ifyou want to breed? mine does i even got to stay at hers and steal her bed lol great friends now :o