Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

• 3 weeks later...
Chi4me, you must be so excited now!!

I am Minxy - but a little apprehensive as well! No news as yet - so am not sure if it is a good thing or bad :)

The last time unfortunately pup didnt make it, and the bitch had to be sterilized (I felt so awful for my poor breeder) - so am crossing my fingers and toes that all goes well this time.

Cheers,Ronnnie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so jealous of everyone and their new pups. :( It's great to see!

I'm hoping to get my Australian Shepherd in Nov, Dec, or Jan.

I need my own place first. I hope it is sooner rather than later, because I'm itching to own my first dog. I will keep you updated. :o

Edited by Naomi

Hi everyone

I thought I'd be brave and start with something simple

I am getting a Whippet in 4 weeks, and I can't wait. :(

I am really excited, and want him now

I have so far managed to restrain myself and haven't got him anything yet, but i can feel my resolve weakening with all the talk of toys etc.

Hi everyone

I am getting a Whippet in 4 weeks, and I can't wait. :(

I have so far managed to restrain myself and haven't got him anything yet, but i can feel my resolve weakening with all the talk of toys etc.

Hi Eleanor. Head over to the Whippet thread in the Breeds Subforums.. Whippety folk LOVE whippet puppy pics. :o

What's your boy's kennel prefix??

Edited by poodlefan

I noticed last night that a breeder listed an update on Dogzline a few days ago to say that a litter of 9 Akita pups were born. Emailed her straight away (it was 10.30 at night her time lol) to see whether she already had homes for them all lined up. That way we might be able to have a pup a month earlier than expected (and the other litter I'm waiting on I don't know how "guaranteed" it is).

Hi Eleanor. Head over to the Whippet thread in the Breeds Subforums.. Whippety folk LOVE whippet puppy pics. :)

What's your boy's kennel prefix??

:thumbsup: Kennel Prefix?

Very new at all this.

I am getting him from a breeded at Calliope in QLD mum is Allgard Hot to Trot and Dad is Kassdalee My Way or No Way. Other than that I know not much at all. :laugh:

I'll have to ask.

Checked out the whippet thread, great stuff. Thanks

Three weeks until Hugo is here :thumbsup: So excited, I think I must have spent $200 on stuff for him already!

Exciting!! What breed is Hugo? :laugh: Any pics?

Love the name!

He's a Swedish Vallhund ;)

week3skyespups071.jpg

It's one of these babies here, I don't know which yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for the lightest boy though, he's gonna be a spitting image of his beautiful mumma :rofl::eek: :eek:

Sooo... I'm a bit confused about what sort of crate would be best to buy. Wire crates are better to get for puppies than soft crates, right? Because they can chew apart the soft crates? Or does it not really matter?

My toy poodles crate is heavy enough for me, I'm dreading having to buy a bigger one and lugging that around! Hmm...

Also, I've read a whole different tonne of things saying, buy one to fit the puppy because then he won't pee in the crate (Other reasons I can't remember, and then others saying buy the size crate to fit when the puppy is an adult. Obviously the second saves money, but I'm confused. Which is the way to go?

I'm thinking wayyy too far ahead, but I just can't help myself :(

Sooo... I'm a bit confused about what sort of crate would be best to buy. Wire crates are better to get for puppies than soft crates, right? Because they can chew apart the soft crates? Or does it not really matter?

My toy poodles crate is heavy enough for me, I'm dreading having to buy a bigger one and lugging that around! Hmm...

Also, I've read a whole different tonne of things saying, buy one to fit the puppy because then he won't pee in the crate (Other reasons I can't remember, and then others saying buy the size crate to fit when the puppy is an adult. Obviously the second saves money, but I'm confused. Which is the way to go?

I'm thinking wayyy too far ahead, but I just can't help myself :)

I was thinking along the same line as you, don't worry. I bought myself a wire crate that will fit an adult of my breed. I will partition off a section during toilet training but after that, he's free to have the whole crate to himself. There's no point in buying a separate crate specifically for a puppy when you can just buy an adult-sized one and then just partition off a section for toilet training for a couple of months.

I'd get the wire crate. Puppies go through teething and they will usually chew up soft crates--soft crates are not for puppies, soft crates are for adult dogs who have learned to respect their beds!

Exactly what Dju said. I've bought an XXL crate for when my dog is fully grown. A good way of sectioning off the crate while pup is small is to chuck an esky in the back of the crate. (If the crate is too big, there's room for pup to toilet in it which is definitely not good).

I much prefer the wire crates as they are very durable, good for transporting, and can't be chewed through.

Hi everyone

I am getting a Whippet in 4 weeks, and I can't wait. :)

It's so hard to wait, but so exciting! :o Definitely need whippet puppy pics!

I noticed last night that a breeder listed an update on Dogzline a few days ago to say that a litter of 9 Akita pups were born. Emailed her straight away (it was 10.30 at night her time lol) to see whether she already had homes for them all lined up. That way we might be able to have a pup a month earlier than expected (and the other litter I'm waiting on I don't know how "guaranteed" it is).

Fingers crossed for you! ;) When will you know if you get a puppy from this litter?

He's a Swedish Vallhund :o

week3skyespups071.jpg

It's one of these babies here, I don't know which yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for the lightest boy though, he's gonna be a spitting image of his beautiful mumma :laugh: :laugh: :o

How gorgeous! :rofl: I really like the look of the Vallhunds, but I've never seen one in person. What got you interested in them? If you don't mind my asking?

How gorgeous! :o I really like the look of the Vallhunds, but I've never seen one in person. What got you interested in them? If you don't mind my asking?
I've honestly never seen one in person either :laugh: But I'm in love with their personalities. They're called the clowns of the dog breeds, I hear lots of owners say that every day with a Vallhund is a happy day full of laughs, and I need a LOT of cheering up right now. I first found them on a couple of those "Find the best breed for you" websites, they kept coming up in my results (not as the first result but they were still consistently there). And I just loved the look of them, they're really masculine-looking dogs but they're not huge like German Sheps or Huskies. I dunno, just love everything about them and the more I heard about them the more interested I got :) And luckily I got on the first waiting list that I applied to with a really nice family a state over who are first-time Vall breeders :laugh: