Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I am so in love with Tess, :thumbsup: I wish you were in Vic so we could have a puppy play date. I think I'm well and truly addicted to the Working and Herding breeds now. Apart from more smoothies, I would seriously consider the Cardigan Corgi, ACDs as options. With a dash of Rotti and Std Poodle too.

But first, more Collies!!! Well eventually.

Envy is beautiful! And Tess is an absolute darling :thumbsup:

I believe our pup could be born anytime from next week onward, so I have my (very impatient) fingers crossed. And my name hat on :thumbsup:

Oh its so exciting its like waiting for Christmas to come (only better :D). I've had huge dilemas over the last couple of days re our pup but have thankfully sorted it all out today. Thought i'd share some pics taken over the last couple of days :clap: .

th_DSCF1093.jpg

th_DSCF1091.jpg

th_DSCF1090.jpg

th_DSCF1089.jpg

Hey guys,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good site for puppy pens? I'm looking for the sturdy ones with the gates. I've seen a couple in a few pet stores, but they never have the bigger sizes. Thankyou if anyone can help.

My puppy (whichever one he is- He's a Samoyed) is now 5 weeks old. They're incredibly cute! Like little white bears!

Forget formal puppy pens (expensive), get yourself to Bunnings and look for the wire compost bins. They are about $26 for four sides. I've bought about 10 packs in the last two years. I currently have my back yard divided in half with them, part for Ren when I'm out and it still gives Bronte access to grass to toilet

You can then put them together with the springs - they do take some getting on or alternatively use cable ties - and use small carabeena (nope can't spell them) clips to create a gate.

I can take some pics of my set up if you want some ideas.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Forget formal puppy pens (expensive), get yourself to Bunnings and look for the wire compost bins. They are about $26 for four sides. I've bought about 10 packs in the last two years. I currently have my back yard divided in half with them, part for Ren when I'm out and it still gives Bronte access to grass to toilet

You can then put them together with the springs - they do take some getting on or alternatively use cable ties - and use small carabeena (nope can't spell them) clips to create a gate.

I can take some pics of my set up if you want some ideas.

Ahh wow, thankyou for that. Sounds like the better idea. Some pics would be great, as I'm not very good at building things.

Thanks again

Have Fun Stonecutter! Lots of pictures :thumbsup:

Dog nerd: I did exactly the same thing. We cut off part of the backyard for Chase and have just put in Bunnings fencing supported by the wooden spike stick things. Buying the smaller fencing which can be brought at Pet outlets are so expensive. His is sort of in a 'keyring' shape as that is just how the backyard and plants sort of swing.

I am not sure how we are going to do it when we get our JS puppy closer to the end of the year......we only have 1 doggy door and our summers are obviously quite hot. Plus both would be used to living inside. At least my hours during the hottest time of the day is 0 (will be most likely working from 5:30am-11am, 4pm-9:00pm and mostly one of the shifts not both) :thumbsup:

Ok puppy people, here are the photos of my puppy pen and yard made with Bunnings wire compost bins, cable ties, a couple of clips and some plastic stakes (because I hate steel star pickets).

My puppy pen in the lounge uses six sides instead of four to allow Ren a little more room. He sleeps in his crate in my room at night though.

As demonstrated by doggy model - Ren.

post-28499-1299303899_thumb.jpg

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Last one...happy puppy pen/yard building.

post-28499-1299304488_thumb.jpg

Oh, one tip, make sure that the gate to any pen is secure and not able to be squeezed through, I use chain and clips, but still one day this week I came home and had two dogs inside - the little of the two luckily held on long enough despite not being fully house trained yet.

nice handiwork SmoothieGirl, very impressive.

I got myself some of these in anticipation of the arrival of my pup, but I haven't decided where I'm going to set him up yet. I figure they're portable anyway so not that fussed. Such a great idea, I think the DOL'ers are keeping this compost company in business :eek:

9 days til I get my puppy :)