Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

So I'm one of the ones that have had my name on a puppy list before the mating has even taken place. After the girl being 3 months late I got an email today saying that the bitch has finally been mated!! Fingers crossed it was successful!

Patience is a virtue :)

So I'm one of the ones that have had my name on a puppy list before the mating has even taken place. After the girl being 3 months late I got an email today saying that the bitch has finally been mated!! Fingers crossed it was successful!

Patience is a virtue :)

We had been too LisaCC, its been a very long process but totally worth it !

We were never promised a puppy, it was dependent on if the Mother to be (I hate saying Bitch lol) took too the mating, on the number of puppies she had, if they developed healthily, if there were any tri coloured ones (as thats only what we wanted) and dependent on which and how many the breeder wanted to keep for herself (which they like to often wait to see which one has the most show quality potential) but we got there in the end !biggrin.gif We also were hoping she would have them on our 8th wedding Annversary, which did mean she would have to come earlier than her due date for that to happen, and it did happen that evening ! :)

ps... Thats fantastic !! hope it was successful and it all goes smoothly ! exciting times ahead for you Lisa, if she has taken

Our breeder has been really good at keeping us updated all through the whole process :)

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Congratulations CollieChaos, hope to see lots of photos when you get him back!

Jules it is such a horrid wait isn't it, and then waiting for everything to go right. I know our breeder is wanting a girl out of this litter and I'm wanting a boy, and she has said she is more than happy for me to have one if he is born :) She had already offered me an older pup that didn't turn out quite right for show, but the timing wasn't right (There was a lot of self control needed for that one, he was lovely!!).

I'm hoping for a merle boy (can't choose between red or blue they are both beautiful so whatever comes out and I can get!), and if I get a choice between a few then I think I would prefer a bob tail, but overall I want a match for me :)

Our breeder is great with updates too. Like sending me this email this morning, I even got an email when the boys had started showing interest in her laugh.gif.

Not long to go for you! Good luck :)

Oops! Forgot to mention Australian Shepherd :D

Edited by LisaCC

It is Lisa !

Deep down I was wanting a girl but never put in a request for one as cavaliers sometimes can have very small litters, so the chances of getting one wern't high even if there was going be be more than one tri colour pup (altho the mum was a tri, the dad was a blenheim). We were just excited if we were getting one at all ! So the breeder had no idea about my personal preference for a girl. We would have been just as happy of course with a boy ! Anyway she had 2 of each colour, and in each colour one of each sex. I was sure she would keep the girl, but she decided on the male tri and i think one of the blenheims.

So it was really fate how Miah has come into our lives biggrin.gif

Its all about the timing whats meant to be I believe..

Its great your breeder is staying in touch and communicating with you, even at this stage, so was ours. Communication is what we highly look for in the breeders of our Cavaliers :)

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Well you are very lucky!

To be honest I was surprised by how much this breeder wanted to know my preferences, mostly I want a boy, such sookie lalas laugh.gif. She said she tries to give the future owners as close to what they could want as possible, so she wanted to know my preferences for sex, colour and tail. This litter has all four colours expected too, so if it is large there could be a good mix to pick from :)

Yes I like communication from breeders, I actually was recently in contact with my 11year old labs breeder!! She wanted to know if he was still kicking and how he was going :)

Thanks Simply Grand! Sujo, no I've only ever had my lab before so a big difference. But I found out about Aussie years ago and they fit perfectly into my lifestyle and what I want out of a dog, so it's been a long time in the making until I was ready for a new dog.

2013-01-24193230_zps749d69db.jpg

He's here!!! He's a dream! He hasn't gone to the toilet inside at all, and even held on all night! He took about 20mins to settle after being put to bed and is eating great :D

OMG!!! HE IS JUST TOO ADORABLE! love.gif

And what a smart boy he already is. That was exactly the same for my girl Yoness when she first came. She cried when she wanted to potty and instantly did her business when we took her outside on the grass. Now it seems like we are going backwards with toilet training as she will still cry to let her out for her number 2s but she started give us no clue when she wants to pee and make puddles inside frown.gif. Thank god for timber floors...

I think thats a very suitable name CC ! i love names with meanings :) btw its not lame how you choose it!

Miah (pronounced My ah) means the moon (Aboriginal meaning) which is very symbolic to us, and shes got Moon Light in her registered name too :)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs