Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

2013-01-24193230_zps749d69db.jpg

He's here!!! He's a dream! He hasn't gone to the toilet inside at all, and even held on all night! He took about 20mins to settle after being put to bed and is eating great :D

OMG!!! HE IS JUST TOO ADORABLE! love.gif

And what a smart boy he already is. That was exactly the same for my girl Yoness when she first came. She cried when she wanted to potty and instantly did her business when we took her outside on the grass. Now it seems like we are going backwards with toilet training as she will still cry to let her out for her number 2s but she started give us no clue when she wants to pee and make puddles inside frown.gif. Thank god for timber floors...

Glad to hear that he settled in so well. He's a very pretty pup, nice even markings. Just one comment about his nose. When he goes for his 1st vet check-up ask your vet what sunscreen you can put on it. I hope it continues to colour up. When I got my 1st border collie in 1993 I heard about collie nose & at the time thought it was in relation to the pink skin above the nose pad. When she was about 2 years old she developed a sore that wouldn't heel. After taking her to 2 vets & 3 months later with the help of some ointment it finally healed.

When she was a baby she had a small freckle the size of a flea on her pink skin. Over the years it joined up with the rest of her nose pad. In the mean time I used to put zinc cream on her pink bits to protect it from the sun.

I can join this thread now...but I'm going to be a year long resident!

Because my mentor has decided to breed her girl for the 2nd and last time in her next season, and not in a few years time I'm shelving some other plans I had and will hopefully be getting a foundation bitch this time next year (or anytime between Feb-May depending on her season). Im even more excited that the pups will be descended from a dog (or three) that my current dog is descended from, dogs that I LOVE!

Im so excited that I can confirm it!

Dotdashdot does this mean your LUA dally plans are in the making??

Unfortunately no :( there have been developments in that area that are stopping the importation - i.e for the semen to be imported and used immediately, dogs in the last 3 generations HAVE to be registered with the AKC/KC etc (not just UKC or other) so that ANKC will recognise it. Unfortunately there is ONE dog that keeps popping up and, well to put it blunty - getting in the way! There is also the ban on UK LUA semen/dogs which is effective for another year I think.

We will probably have to wait a year for appropriate pups to "pop up" and become available as studs or for this ONE dog to be registered with the correct body. We have a newly developed LUA stud dog group too that is bringing together people from all over the world, with this ambition. That effectively means that pup would be born later next year (at the soonest).

My mentor wasn't going to breed for another 5 years or so but plans changed and now pups will hopefully be on the ground this time next year. I promised I would have one of her pups so here I am!

Despite the fact that I won't be able to take on a LUA pup (unless I win the lottery and can buy my dream property where I could run 4 dogs) I am still determined to help fund the importation of this breed-changing semen and see LUA dals in the ring here in AUS!

It is a bit, haha and yep I definately will get it one day! Once things start moving along again, I'll try to remember to let you know via PM.

This dog will hopefully be my foundation, which makes me even more excited. Im trying to think of names already, it's very important! Im thinking Dasha (like my prefix, dotdashdot) or to stick with a royal sort of theme like Cleo (Cleopatra). Oh well, got a whole year to think about it!

I've been a resident for 4months... 4more to go :) But I've had a mini list of names sitting on my desk the whole time laugh.gif. When you are waiting so long its nice to have something there reminding you yes it will happen!

I've been a resident for 4months... 4more to go :) But I've had a mini list of names sitting on my desk the whole time laugh.gif. When you are waiting so long its nice to have something there reminding you yes it will happen!

8 months is a fair wait too! I just really hope that the pregnancy takes, she's a long cycler!

Well we've decided on Solomon for sure if it's a boy in memory of another animal that had a big part in my life. But can't agree on a girl name.

Im finding especially hard when im working in a pet store surrounded by puppy stuff that just taunts me....especially the cutesy little puppy collars that I don't need to buy 1. because they grow out of them so fast and 2. because I have 2 left from Cleo in pink AND blue.

Hopefully uni distracts me! Only a month to go until that =]

8 months is a fair wait too! I just really hope that the pregnancy takes, she's a long cycler!

Well we've decided on Solomon for sure if it's a boy in memory of another animal that had a big part in my life. But can't agree on a girl name.

Im finding especially hard when im working in a pet store surrounded by puppy stuff that just taunts me....especially the cutesy little puppy collars that I don't need to buy 1. because they grow out of them so fast and 2. because I have 2 left from Cleo in pink AND blue.

Hopefully uni distracts me! Only a month to go until that =]

Oh gosh everything you said is just so familiar!! Yes I really do hope the pregnancy takes, otherwise I'll either be waiting longer (breeder already has plans for a second litter this year) or travelling a lot further.

Uni starts in just over a month for distraction, although I just started a new experiment with a lecturer for the rest of summer so that should be a good distraction too.

I went to see a friend who works at Petbarn yesterday... OMG I wanted everything! I've already decided that even though I'm getting a boy if he will be wearing one of their deep purple, slightly burgundy collars because they are so gorgeous, and will match any fur colour! When fully grown he can have a lovely black rolled leather collar and matching lead :)

Solomon is a lovely name :)

Were you getting an Aussie? I thought that was what I read...(could be mistaken!)

Having to change plans is hard. Originally, my first dal was going to be from this breeder, but the bitch didn't come into season and I found Cleo (knew she was "the one", she was born on my birthday and just knew as soon as I saw the ad).

The original breeder was fine, and we've struck up a strong friendship and about six months after I got Cleo, her bitch had her first litter which I got to meet at 6 weeks. I was in love, and I saw the pups grow up (met up at shows) and I know I like her dogs!

Distractions are very welcome, im getting a new car soon (it's within 10 days away), travelling around to visit other Petstocks to learn how to better our store, uni, working a lot and hopefully showing Cleo to her neuter title. That's probably not busy enough still but it'll help!

collars that can go with any colour fur are good. Cleo's first collar was turquoise, such a nice colour on white...but then people assumed she was male. They still do with a pink collar and lead though.

This is a link to a pic of the first Solomon (or Sol) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QPqGJTmKg6c/TLGolIR5geI/AAAAAAAACFk/YBY3QQghc5M/s640/Solomon.jpg

(sorry Im no good at making that an actual link...) ETA: it made itself a link! yay

Edited by dotdashdot

With two weeks to go, I've decided it's time to jump in and join this thread :)

I'll be bringing home our Toller puppy in a fortnight's time, and I'm already bursting with excitement. Not sure yet if it will be a boy or a girl, we don't have a preference and would be stoked with any of the gorgeous puppies in this litter :D

Jules - no not yet, the puppies are in Perth, so definitely not a drivable distance for me!

How slowly does time go by when you are counting down the days!

Oh that is a very long way away! I didn't realize sorry embarrass.gif

Well Ive been waiting months, but this last stretch until Miah comes to live with us seems the worst, it seems like forever till she gets here ! lol

Ive seen so many people in here that have now got their puppies, but im still waiting .. impatiently lol

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs