Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I sent it off in May originally but checked a couple of weeks back and they didnt have it so emailed it all through instead of post and just got it today (via email) apparently another couple of weeks before I get anything in the mail. Should be around a month usually.

Koda is a roo at times and loves to jump around, not on anything or anyone just jump LOL :rofl:

I have taught him an inhibition to jump on people though, but if you sit down near him he goes nuts and wants to lick you to death haha

How do people actually wait for a new puppy? Once I make a decision what I want, I want, No need to have it now, I have zero tolerance for the waiting game. My first boy was just luck, I rang a breeder that CCCQ had recommended and he just so happened to have some pups available, when I decided I wanted another boxer to keep my boy company I contacted the same breeder who had a litter due a few weeks after I inquired. It nearly killed me having to wait but I managed to survive just. Now we are on the hunt for another baby to join our growing family and I am feeling very frustrated, I know of two upcoming litters but no guarantee I will be lucky enough to get one, there is one litter born but the breeder hasn't made any decisions on which ones she is keeping at the moment. There is another breeder that has 3 pups available one I like but am unsure of and another with 3 pups available and has been pestering me to no end, like 17 emails in one day trying to convince me to take one, I've had to tell her that there is a family emergency and I just can't take another puppy right now. I don't want to just take a pup coz it's cute and adorable I want to it to be right for us and hopefully be able to show. I swear I am going to lose my mind over it all. ARRRRGH

Fingers crossed it good news for you Lhok.

Boxbright the waiting is hard but I am also after a show puppy so have been buying all things puppy and show related along the way

Me too, lol hubby just shakes his head at me with each new purchase. Do you find it hard to just say no to others. All I can say is hubby is lucky we don't own an acreage or we'd be over run.

Lol, we live on acreage. I have gone to two breeders but am looking for a certain look so I guess Im the one being fussy. If I look at what another breeder has to offer I would run it by the other breeders as I am looking more for a mentor and friendship as well.

Hey Lisa, Nixon did the barking and staring for a couple of weeks and it was awful! Had me in tears more than once... Our puppy preschool trainer said to stare him down - lots of eye contact and get right up in his face. Weirdly enough it did make a difference. I think he was testing me. We also taught him 'enough' to cut his momentum when he was barking at us, and it helped too, to some degree. If you want to know how to teach 'enough', let me know.

How do people actually wait for a new puppy? Once I make a decision what I want, I want, No need to have it now, I have zero tolerance for the waiting game. My first boy was just luck, I rang a breeder that CCCQ had recommended and he just so happened to have some pups available, when I decided I wanted another boxer to keep my boy company I contacted the same breeder who had a litter due a few weeks after I inquired. It nearly killed me having to wait but I managed to survive just. Now we are on the hunt for another baby to join our growing family and I am feeling very frustrated, I know of two upcoming litters but no guarantee I will be lucky enough to get one, there is one litter born but the breeder hasn't made any decisions on which ones she is keeping at the moment. There is another breeder that has 3 pups available one I like but am unsure of and another with 3 pups available and has been pestering me to no end, like 17 emails in one day trying to convince me to take one, I've had to tell her that there is a family emergency and I just can't take another puppy right now. I don't want to just take a pup coz it's cute and adorable I want to it to be right for us and hopefully be able to show. I swear I am going to lose my mind over it all. ARRRRGH

Haha I decided I wanted a new puppy in February....the mother of my pup is not due to come into heat until January 2014....I'm proud that I've lasted nearly 6 months! Only 6 months until she comes into heat and only 4 months after that when I hopefully get my pup! But we are keeping an eye on other dogs as well, I am SUPER keen to jump back into the proper show ring, not just the neuter side of things.

I also want to import semen for some special dallies to be born but we're having issues with blank spots on American pedigrees, we need one more generation to be born and then we're in action!

THe waiting is KILLING ME! I keep seeing so many pups coming into work and just want to get another NOW, but I know that the pup i'm waiting for will be special which keeps me sane.

Lhok, I can't wait to hear your news! :D

Thanks for the tips Aliwake, we had lots of success tonight with timeouts, he seems to be worse with my housemate, and he actually tried to hump her! So it's definitely a dominance thing, but I taught her how to put him in his place and to keep it consistent and we are already seeing some changes. I'll keep you updated on how we go :)

Boxbright, Since my first search I waited almost 2 years. Waiting for this particular breeder, was about 10 months. It's hard but completely worth it.

Appart from his new found barking, he is such a good boy.

Dotdashdot, I want to be on your puppy list for an LUA Dal in about 5-10 years biggrin.gif