Help Thanks

Python

Send a Private Message to the member "lilli".

The Link to her profile is below to send a message.

LINK

Thanks yes I have spoken with the takas kennel and I cant afford how much they ask for a pup with breading papers its like 1500 more than a pup with pet papers. i can be a good owner go to the shows for the dog and join the clubs and all that but they ask to much.

You get what you pay for, a lot of time and effort goes into importing, whelping & raising a litter...

If you are only after a pet puppy, purchase a pet puppy?

Yes I no which is why i came looking for a pup from a proper breeder. look i dont want to dis takas kennel because they were one of the only breaders who answer my email and questions. im just saying i cant afford there price for a pup with breeding papers is all. maybe one day i can but not now.

the reason i dont just want a pet pup is that i want a really nice looking male pup one of the best ones and possbily for breeding later if its good enough.

i just want to no if there are any kangal or anatolian breaders around who can help me with a nice big male pup. thanks :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilli is definately the one to PM or message. She has a vast wealth of knowledge of livestock guardians and is a breeder with excellent dogs.

he's already spoken to Lilli, Monah, and didnt like what he was told.

all the best Python. Amazing dogs.

Edited by raz

Python- computers break down, email gets lost.. a phone call will help you find out of the breeder is actually there, or if anything else is problematic :(

Alright well anyway it looks as if I will have to try calling them now.

There are not many breeders or good dogs so maybe one day I would like to breed as well .

If you want to breed you will have to purchase a dog on main register who is a good example of the breed and that will cost money, as someone else has already pointed out you get what you pay for. If you buy a puppy on limited register (pet papers) you will not be able to show or breed from it.

Python, most registered breeders will not sell you a pup on Main papers unless you intend on showing :( If you do want a pup for the purpose of showing, you may have to be fairly patient. Particularly as this is a rare breed and you are specificially after a male pup. It may take a while until the 'right' pup comes along. Otherwise, you are better off purchasing a pet on the Limited register. Kangals are great looking dogs and he will be no less magnificent than a Main registered pup, I'm sure :rofl:

It really annoys (maybe saddens?) me that people;

* decide they want a particular breed (a rare one at that) and want it yesterday

* don't want to pay the price tag for a well bred puppy

* don't even consider that they can't have one 'yesterday' and might actually have to save up for a period of time to afford the pup AND wait for a suitable pup to become available.

Edited by Aziah

If there are not many 'good dogs'? that means if you breed you will have to import, very large expense, even breeding is hugely expensive.

I'm pretty sure that in Turkey the dog is named for the area, so Anatolian covers a huge area, including where Kangals are from. So Anatolian Shepherds can be 'Kangals'. Don't quote me on this as I have been out of showing for many years, and a LOT has changed. Lilli is definately the one to PM or message. She has a vast wealth of knowledge of livestock guardians and is a breeder with excellent dogs.

They are certainly a magnificent looking dog, I hope this is not the reason for your interest though as they are very special. :(

I think you will find any dog that is rare in Aust. will cost a lot, and pups on main are more for many reasons, hopefully one reason is to ensure only serious people are buying them, as well as they have to be excellent dogs to ensure the ongoing improvement of the breed etc. I no longer show and have limited reg. dogs. And I don't mind saying, still paid a very high price. Dogs are not a 'bargain' item.

I like Kangal as i am Turkish! I know they are not cheap I can afford 1000 to 1500 just not 2500!!!

It really annoys (maybe saddens?) me that people;

* decide they want a particular breed (a rare one at that) and want it yesterday

* don't want to pay the price tag for a well bred puppy

* don't even consider that they can't have one 'yesterday' and might actually have to save up for a period of time to afford the pup AND wait for a suitable pup to become available.

It just leaves you shaking your head doesn't it.

I like Kangal as i am Turkish! I know they are not cheap I can afford 1000 to 1500 just not 2500!!!

Just do what everyone else does who wants a well bred pup and doesnt have a few grand stuck under the mattress, Python - save up.

OT but what part of Turkey are you from? Fantastic country!

Thanks yes I have spoken with the takas kennel and I cant afford how much they ask for a pup with breading papers its like 1500 more than a pup with pet papers.

Are you looking for a pup to show?

lol...I think he mentioned he was looking for a dog to bread :(

Thanks yes I have spoken with the takas kennel and I cant afford how much they ask for a pup with breading papers its like 1500 more than a pup with pet papers.

Are you looking for a pup to show?

lol...I think he mentioned he was looking for a dog to bread :(

A dog to bread? Wow.. no wonder they're expensive if they turn into bread :rofl:

the reason i dont just want a pet pup is that i want a really nice looking male pup one of the best ones and possbily for breeding later if its good enough.

I'm a little concerned that you say you aren't impressed with peoples dogs, and therefore that you would like to possibly breed yourself, but don't want to pay for a dog with Breeding Papers. I completely understand money and the lack of it (don't we all :flame: ) but I would hope that if you are looking to breed because you're passtionate about the breed and for the love of the breed, then surely you would understand that premium pups cost premium $$$. Don't get me wrong, if I had a money tree I'd buy myself a massive property and have all the beautiful show dogs I could love and train. I expect that a breeder has a high cost on premium dogs to try and avoid them being purchased for "family guard dogs" and to "maybe" breed down the line, as of course they'd hope that their best dogs will be showing or trialling, as well as having that happy home life.

When i get my next dog, I want champion lines, A+ health, and have intentions of purchasing for trialling in agility and obediance or showing if the potential is there, and thus I expect to pay whatever the breeder asks and i'm imagining it won't be cheap.

That said, all the best - I hope you find the dog you're after and that in return for you giving him a wonderful happy life, you receive all the love and affection you'll deserve.

I want a French Bulldog....price between $2000 and $3000, I can't afford it now, but as I would love one I am saving up to get a pup I really want. Is it worth it? Yes of course it is.

I think maybe you might have to do more research on this breed and what it is you really want. $2,500 is not too expensive for a rare breed, and price was one of the things I found out about first with the Frenchies.

As far as I know they are a working breed....right? Would they even be happy living with a family as a guard dog? Unless they are exercised or worked....

Edited by Bluefairy