Dog Fights - Organised Groups

WildatHeart

This may be a long shot but.... Over a week ago one of my sisters two dogs, a 6 month old Bull Arab x Staffy went missing. My sister has walked around the neighbourhood (about 20 - 30 homes in the area) asking if anyone had seen her dog. It was strange for her to go missing as she doesn't leave her mother's side and the mother was at home. On her rounds the people in the area have lost two staffys and a purebred Bull Arab last week also. One person said serveral months ago the same thing happened with more staffys and two red nose dogs as she described (so pitbulls) and they think these dogs had been stolen to fight in organised dog fights. We are assuming these things still happen. The neighbour hood is semi rural in south east qld. She always had her suspisions her dog was stolen and now that she has since found out about other dogs she is nearly certain her pup has been stolen.

How would one go about trying to find where or how these fights happen (if they do)?

Edited by WildatHeart

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would one go about trying to find where or how these fights happen (if they do)?

I'm sure organised fight do happen - some humans will do anything. ;)

I'd be reporting all these missing dogs to the police - they should be interested and may already be investigating.

I hope your sisters dog is found soon.

Oh god, I hope not. Those poor dogs! People make me so sick. WHen they catch fight organisers/participants I think they should shove the lot of them in a small cage and make them fight to the death. Then keep the survivor until the next lot of idiots are brought in and then start the process over again. Less expense than keeping them in prison, more effective than fines and this way you can guarantee they don't breed.

Yep, I really hate them ;)

This is really horrible, but a few years ago a cavalier in my mums street was stolen - he was going blind and could not physically get out of the yard - 6 foot fences, etc etc.

They were notified the dog had been found dead (via microchip) and they were questioned by police as it appeared the dog had been used for "baiting" purposes in an illegal dog fighting ring. Imagine how those people felt.... that would be one of my worst fears....

Oh god, I hope not. Those poor dogs! People make me so sick. WHen they catch fight organisers/participants I think they should shove the lot of them in a small cage and make them fight to the death. Then keep the survivor until the next lot of idiots are brought in and then start the process over again. Less expense than keeping them in prison, more effective than fines and this way you can guarantee they don't breed.

Yep, I really hate them ;)

I AGREE!

they make me ill i hate when people say we have to humanly destroy a dog the dog doesnt get a say nor should people fighting them.

i think the people that fight them should be humanly destroyed too.

Theft of any of the fighting breeds and crosses is always a big possibility. If you are going to own SBTs, Amstaffs. Bull Terriers, Pit Bulls or crosses of them you need very tight security. They go missing from all over Aust, stolen to be used as bait to train fighting dogs. Entire males are most at risk but sometimes they just grab whatever they can. The dog fighting rings like to get hold of dogs they know will fight if attacked, but be beaten by their dogs.

No idea how you would find a fighting ring and the chances of the stolen dog being there would be slim. Most would never get near a real fight but would have been killed in a training fight. In this case with a female puppy, the most likely scenario is that she has been stolen for breeding, not fighting. Hope she was already desexed.

The fact that several dogs of that type have all disappeared makes me think they were definitely stolen. If the police are not interested the RSPCA may be. Contact them with the exact facts of which dogs are missing and the dates.

Unfortunately, dog fighting rings are very good at keeping their existance secret and that is why they still exist.

This is really horrible, but a few years ago a cavalier in my mums street was stolen - he was going blind and could not physically get out of the yard - 6 foot fences, etc etc.

They were notified the dog had been found dead (via microchip) and they were questioned by police as it appeared the dog had been used for "baiting" purposes in an illegal dog fighting ring. Imagine how those people felt.... that would be one of my worst fears....

Oh my god. Not sure it gets any crueller than that - a poor defenceless old blind cavalier. What absolute *#@*@# these people are. Not fit to walk the same earth, breathe the same air as the dogs they torture.

OMG ! I do hope your sister's dog turns up WildatHeart but must say it's not sounding good :D

God there are some feral people around, hope they get what they deserve if and when they're caught. Makes me sick...and you're right Spottychick, they're not fit to breathe the same air! In fact they shouldn't be breathing any air, they should be shot ! (and even that would be too kind )

What do we ask the papers Jodi?

I'm not Jodi . . . but suggest that there's a story about a dog fighting ring stealing dogs, and the police being unwilling to investigate. Include a sad story and a number for people to call if they have information. That would boost readership in the local fish wrap :D and might actually help the situation.

Someone else may have better suggestions . . . I'm not an expert . . . but this does sound like a cast that needs public attention.

I'm not Jodi . . . but suggest that there's a story about a dog fighting ring stealing dogs, and the police being unwilling to investigate. Include a sad story and a number for people to call if they have information. That would boost readership in the local fish wrap :D and might actually help the situation.

Someone else may have better suggestions . . . I'm not an expert . . . but this does sound like a cast that needs public attention.

Yep thats what I meant, sorry should have elaborated my first post :D

If the police won't do anything, do you have a local paper thats she could call??

Just tell the paper what has happened to your sisters dog and all the other dogs that have gone missing in the area. They may do an article warning other dog owners to be careful and make sure they keep their animals safe. I suppose it could also possibly prod someone who has some information about the missing dogs into coming forward to tell what they know :D

Our local paper ran a story back in November about a pair of Staffys that went missing in my area, the dogs were found in a horrific state, one needing to be PTS but the treating vet didn't mention dog fights :D he thinks it was a very sick individual who abused those poor family pets :rofl:

If the police won't do anything, do you have a local paper thats she could call??

I'm confused, i was replying to Jodi1981 but i'm sorry, i dont think its funny what you just said about the boosting readership. Just think how you would feel if someone made a joke about your missing dog, and think about the fact that it may be used for baiting...

ETA: sandgrubber, something like that would not normally bother me but i am worried about the dog. And the paper idea sounds great ill talk to my sister about it.

Edited by WildatHeart

Guest Kate_Summer

I don't know I could be wrong but more than enough time we hear bunch of dogs(that seems confined) in the area where I live howling/barking a few times a week, they all sound like they are in the same confinement area too, I always wondered about it, hope its not going on here. PM me.

I'm not Jodi . . . but suggest that there's a story about a dog fighting ring stealing dogs, and the police being unwilling to investigate. Include a sad story and a number for people to call if they have information. That would boost readership in the local fish wrap and might actually help the situation.
Someone else may have better suggestions

Yes I have one. Dont call the newspaper. They make up enough stories on thier own without anyone else encouraging them. There is no evidence of anything least of all "dog fighting rings" who are stealing dogs.