2010 Challenges - What Would You Like To See

Ashanali

Square crop is a good one. Also centered composition, symmetry, rule of thirds.

Colour challenges are always fun - "yellow," "red," etc.

Few more...

*Natural Light

*Out of Focus

*Leading Lines

*Self-portrait

*Black & White

*High/Low Key

Edited by macka

• 2 weeks later...
or maybe we could do "commercials" so people could try and use their dog to make a photo to advertise a product?

all mine could advertise is beds :eek:

:eek:

:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

Beds and food.

Zero's two favourite things in the world :vomit:

ETA: If we're going to do dogs for a month, how about a month of no dogs? Or a month of portraiture? Doing project 365 has really made me notice how many times I default to a photo of Zero or Mow when it's late and night and I just want to go to bed!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

• 3 weeks later...

I was trawling the many photo sites and there was a comp called 'seeing it another way". It involved taking pictures of everyday things that looked like something else when examined...eg profile of a face on a rock, flowers that formed the shape of a face, clouds in unusual forms.... JUST another one to consider for next year perhaps.

creative cropping and/or editing, I am hopeless at cropping but I often see the way others have done things and think, it would never occur to me to do that. What about submitting the original photo and letting others crop/and or edit it. Might be interesting to see the different takes on a photo. I know some wont like to let others edit their pics but it wouldn't worry me.

Edited by Kirislin

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm very new to all of this and haven't got my good camera YET but (taking my inspiration from my drawing and painting) I LOVE depicting shadows and silhouettes and often draw "in negative" (that is, drawing the shape of teh shadows surrounding rather than the object). Could you do that with cameras? Maybe shooting against the sun or light source (I don't really know what I'm talking about here so feel free to correct so I can learn more) would that make a silhouette? I'm hoping to be able to contribute soon :laugh:

OK, I'm very new to all of this and haven't got my good camera YET but (taking my inspiration from my drawing and painting) I LOVE depicting shadows and silhouettes and often draw "in negative" (that is, drawing the shape of teh shadows surrounding rather than the object). Could you do that with cameras? Maybe shooting against the sun or light source (I don't really know what I'm talking about here so feel free to correct so I can learn more) would that make a silhouette? I'm hoping to be able to contribute soon :thumbsup:

We had a backlighting challenge late last year. I'm happy to do another one but it probably won't be until the second half of the year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...