Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Well our first trial is over and done with thank god!!

I was SO nervous going in that I didn't realise the dog before me had been scratched and got called over to the ring a minute or so before we went in. So naturally I freaked out and hadn't gotten myself in the right head space for it and hadn't revved Daisy up into drive properly.

It was basically the worst run out we'd ever had :( :( And the worst part is, is that I KNOW had I been with it and had another 5-10 minutes to get ready before going in the ring, she would have smashed it. We were actually sitting on a pass until our SFE, which is one of Daisy's strongest exercises. The judge sort of had hold of Daisy's head and because I was a mess and Daisy wasn't switched on, she moved.

Perfect scores for recall, and I did group stays where we had a perfect score for the sit stay and would have had a perfect score on the down stay but she broke with twenty seconds to go - doh! None of the dogs in CCD got a quallie so had Daisy passed her SFE or held her down we would have placed first or second.

Oh and on the upside the dog next to Daisy broke during the sit stay and broke the dog next to it, but Daisy didn't budge :) So there were some positives.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Argh bad luck Huski! I've had to rush to a ring before not realising I was being called - very stressful, especially if you are already super nervous!!!

Sounds like she did pretty well considering though! When's the next one? :(

Thanks guys :( It was all handler error, and really we can't possibly have worked any worse than we did today so we can only go up from here :(

The worst part was that I KNOW Daisy is more than capable of working well and she is normally so consistent and reliable, and it was something so simple that I stuffed up on (rushing into the ring a total mess and not spending enough time getting her revved up).

Amps next time is in two weeks :)

You and Daisy did very well and just missed out on placing so well done to you both. :(

Your 1st trial is over an done with. Now let's prepare for the next one it won't be so scarey :(:):)

Seriously Amps I was a TOTAL mess just before going in the ring, I have no doubt that Daisy picked up on the awful energy I was putting out! I've been nervous before but not that nervous and all I could think was "OMG I've stuffed this up before we even went in the ring"

Bad luck huski. I also hate very much being rushed into the ring although I think I am getting better at it now. Least you have the first trial nerves out the way, its always a bugger even when your on subsequent and think you have it all under control :( . All the best for the next trial :( .

Now let's prepare for the next one it won't be so scarey :(:):)

That depends if you are there telling me to suck it up or not :rofl: :D :)

I don't think you will ever let me forget that one will you ;) :rofl: but hey it worked you went back in the ring :(

Well Ella did her first UD trial today and I was very pleased with how she went! No quallie but still some very nice work, she went for the wrong jump on the first directed jumping part and then realised part way to the jump so went back to the box! :( I thought it was cute and am not worried about this as she would have zeroed either way if she'd followed through with the jump! She did nice articles, a bit of fidgeting on one or two but got them all with full marks for one! She did a really nice signals exercise and did everything but missed 2 drops (she didn't quite get her elbows on the ground) so we lost a few marks there and ended up with an NQ score. And then she got herself set on glove 1 and I didn't give her a long enough signal so she went for the wrong glove. We managed a 3rd place in the end and I don't think it's going to take long for her to get it together for a quallie! :(:)

Huski - sounds like there were lots of positives for the day, the main one being getting that first trial out of the way and realising you're not playing for sheep stations, nor is it a life and death situation :( I have no doubt you will do well with Daisy - relax and enjoy her!!! :(

Hi Jess :(

Hi Superminty!! ;)

I'd forgotten you were doing UD, I will have to come and pick your brain next time I see you at a trial. :laugh:

Yes, well, Minty has come up limping slightly again ;) so looks like we may be retiring from agility. Got one more trick up my sleeve to try and fix it but otherwise she's out - don't want to risk having to go down the surgery path. So I don't know when I will next be at a trial!

On the up side, we are both having a ball training for UD - she lurves the scent work :laugh:

Well done Huski and Seita on your first shot at CCD and UD. As Tassie said lots of positives to take away - BUT - have to say Seita - you will spend the next two weeks fixing everything that didn't go quite right this trial - and something else will break :laugh: