Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Seekback went really well! Here's the video of it! The rest of the trial is on Huski's camera and will be up later.

Well done Nic she is was excited about being in the ring with you nothing else mattered it is lovely to watch :laugh:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, well, Minty has come up limping slightly again ;) so looks like we may be retiring from agility. Got one more trick up my sleeve to try and fix it but otherwise she's out - don't want to risk having to go down the surgery path. So I don't know when I will next be at a trial!

On the up side, we are both having a ball training for UD - she lurves the scent work :laugh:

;) Bugger!! Poor Minty - so bloody hard when they're so active! Hope it all works out for her and you. Sending some healing vibes her way :laugh:

Glad to hear your both enjoying UD work though - I'll have to hunt you down elsewhere if you're not doing agility :( ;)

Both Ella and Daisy were great today. Coco was in just before Ella and managed to get only two zeroes today - different to last week. This time we got the seek back and gloves right but skidded over the back edge of the box on her first send out, trying to go too fast so that was one and this time she mucked up the last article not the first. Oh well I guess she is working down the list.

On the up side she managed a second place in that ring and a second place with a quallie in her first Open trial since her title late last year. I am pretty happy with my pocket rocket tonight.

On the up side she managed a second place in that ring and a second place with a quallie in her first Open trial since her title late last year. I am pretty happy with my pocket rocket tonight.

Well done Coco and Kathq - doing both open and UD at the one trial is not easy for a baby UD dog :laugh:

Well done Coco and Kathq - doing both open and UD at the one trial is not easy for a baby UD dog :(

I think Ptolomy knows all about doing UD and Open in one trial...and winning both :laugh:

'fess up ptolomy

Huski well done on entering your first trial, I think the first one will always be the hardest :laugh: It takes a lot of guts to get through the first one and you will do better next time.

Had the pleasure of meeting Bedazzled's and Ptlolomy's furkids today and they are all awesome, I love the way Beans struts her stuff in the heelwork she is adorable!

, I love the way Beans struts her stuff in the heelwork she is adorable!

Sold to the lady with the black labrador :laugh: I wanted to give her away as the raffle prize this morning - but after her heelwork this arvo I decided to take her home ;)

Yep the occassionally clever one was a good boy winning open and UD this morning (and 32kg of dog bickies) which the other 6 kids living with me are eternally grateful for :(

Sold to the lady with the black labrador :laugh: I wanted to give her away as the raffle prize this morning - but after her heelwork this arvo I decided to take her home ;)

Yep the occassionally clever one was a good boy winning open and UD this morning (and 32kg of dog bickies) which the other 6 kids living with me are eternally grateful for :(

Wow 32Kg, thats a big bag!!!!

Well done KathQ and Coco and Seita and Ella looking forward to seeing the rest of Ella's round, the seekback looked great :laugh:

Congratulations Ptolomy and Scoota on a great day by the sounds of it :(

Well done Huski and Seita on your first shot at CCD and UD. As Tassie said lots of positives to take away - BUT - have to say Seita - you will spend the next two weeks fixing everything that didn't go quite right this trial - and something else will break :laugh:

Nah! My strategy is to keep doing what I'm doing and not focus tooo heavily on what went wrong. I used to do this with my previous dog who used to vary what she blew in Open and inevitably if I focus heavily on something then I will neglect something else, so now I just keep training everything reasonably equally.

While I'm here, here is a video of Mack having one of his first training sessions (playing tug) with me, taken this afternoon:

Well done Huski and Seita on your first shot at CCD and UD.

Thanks Ptolomy :)

Like I said to Steve today, we couldn't have been any worse so we can only get better from here :idea:

Both Ella and Daisy were great today. Coco was in just before Ella and managed to get only two zeroes today - different to last week. This time we got the seek back and gloves right but skidded over the back edge of the box on her first send out, trying to go too fast so that was one and this time she mucked up the last article not the first. Oh well I guess she is working down the list.

That's fantastic Kath!!!! I am so disappointed I missed seeing her in the ring - you'll be at Caboolture won't you??

While I'm here, here is a video of Mack having one of his first training sessions (playing tug) with me, taken this afternoon:

OMG Nic that is just too cute - and what a heap of potential! :laugh:

Sorry I haven't uploaded your vids yet, I went out for dinner and only just back home. Will have to do it tomorrow :)

:laugh: Congratulations Huski on the first of what I'm sure will be many trials with Daisy. Now you'll have to ask Steve what his suggestions are for nerves because it's got to be the toughest part of trialing and I'm sure our poor dogs pick up on it :idea: .

Looking at your 'mock' trial with Daisy it won't be long and you'll be back here telling everyone you qualified 'despite' the nerves :)

Sold to the lady with the black labrador :laugh: I wanted to give her away as the raffle prize this morning - but after her heelwork this arvo I decided to take her home :)

Yep the occassionally clever one was a good boy winning open and UD this morning (and 32kg of dog bickies) which the other 6 kids living with me are eternally grateful for :idea:

I DON'T THINK SO!!! :)

You won't sell me Cider so Beans is most definitely coming home to Aunty RS anytime her mummy doesn't want her! I love working her :) Anytime you want me to take her in the ring :):eek:

Well done Scoota!!!

Huski - bummer about your trial today but so many positives!! You will get your first quallie in no time! :)

Although you can't take your time, I wouldn't let the stewards rush you. If you need a minute, say so, especially if you're up sooner than you thought you were! The steward at Millie's first trial was a bit narky with me for basically not waiting ringside during the previous person to go straight in, but I just ignored it as that is not what I like to do. I walked over as the guy before me was starting his last exercise, then the steward jumped on me for not being there :idea: Then for stay stays, I got the whole "well they're waiting for you" as I walked up, yeah whatever, cos they weren't waiting for me. They had just set up the markers. I wasn't going to feel intimidated. I can see with attitudes like the one I got the day of Millie's trial could possibly offput a brand new trialler, and for all the steward knows I was new being in CCD. All the more reason to be a bit more forgiving and "welcoming". Anyway, that's my rant for the day :)

Well done Seita and Kath on your UD debuts! Sounds like they went well, regardless of quallie or not! :laugh:

Well done Coco and Kathq - doing both open and UD at the one trial is not easy for a baby UD dog :laugh:

Not sure we'll do it again in a hurry either Ptolomy. Too much tooing and froing between rings really didnt help my nerves at all. Didnt seem to bother the baby girl at all though. Always knew she was better at this stuff than I am. :laugh: