Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think my dried treats are heaps better, I tired him out on some a couple of weeks ago and you would have thought he had been starved, nearly turned himself inside out to get them.:rofl:

I might have to spray him a nice dark liver colour to fit in so she would not know it was me that stole him away, that way she will think I have a new puppy. :laugh:

Better not be Moo, he is great last night, shame about the handler. :rofl: :rofl:

LOL - shhhhhh Livertreats - I am trying to keep my bad handling a secret wink.gif

The package deal includes Cider and Beans is the equivalent of a free set of steak knives rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

:rofl: nawww Beans is welcome here too Ptolomy. I like free steak knives. i have just been out building fort knox. Fingers crossed it holds up to one very driven determined BC!!!!!!- and thats the 11 year old :eek:. Edited by ness

I'm a happy little vegemite at the moment.

Coco monster has had her first two tracking training sessions this week and seems to love it. :thumbsup: . Me - I'm struggling with the whole not in control feeling that is involved. :laugh:

Coco monster has had her first two tracking training sessions this week and seems to love it. :thumbsup: . Me - I'm struggling with the whole not in control feeling that is involved. :laugh:

:rofl: Welcome to the wonderful world of tracking. It is quite a leap of faith to trust your dog - especially when they can lie to you. I know the books say they don't - but some do :laugh: . Having said that, one of the intriguing things about tracking is learning to read your dog. I've had judges say to me (and others) .... your dog told you 3 times where the track went before you finally listened .... :laugh:

But all that said - it is a total buzz.

:rofl: tracking is awesome fun kathq - another tracking addict born :laugh:.

Was done with the idea of maybe helping us in UDX (bought some white leathers on the weekend) but nobody warned me how quick the bug bites you.

it is a whole different ball game isnt it, having to "trust"your dog as they are the ones in charge. Tracking certainly teaches you heaps about your dogs. Enjoy, its fabulous fun.

Well today wasnt so bad won 3 prizes in 3 raffles :D

our last trial for the year was a bit of a bummer got 169/200 NQ oh well we can crack it next year for Novice with Orlando

Hey JulesP it was great to meet you finaly & have a chat :D :thumbsup:

recieved 2 glass trophies from our club break up for achieving 2 titles this year :thumbsup:

We were at the same trial Murve, and I saw you but didn't go over as you were about to go in for stays, and then it was all kind of over! Same sort of luck for us- won a prize in the raffle but not so good in the ring. Ended up on 168 NQ. But for our first trial in CDX I was really happy with Annie. We only dropped 4 points in heeling, none in the retrieves, a substantial in DOR (18/30 as she dropped at my feet!) but got 0 for broad jump as she cut the corner. I was happy I decided to do stays for practice, as she did them perfectly, especially as it was our first out of sight stays in a trial setting.

Next year should be fabulous!

We were at the same trial Murve, and I saw you but didn't go over as you were about to go in for stays, and then it was all kind of over! Same sort of luck for us- won a prize in the raffle but not so good in the ring. Ended up on 168 NQ. But for our first trial in CDX I was really happy with Annie. We only dropped 4 points in heeling, none in the retrieves, a substantial in DOR (18/30 as she dropped at my feet!) but got 0 for broad jump as she cut the corner. I was happy I decided to do stays for practice, as she did them perfectly, especially as it was our first out of sight stays in a trial setting.

Next year should be fabulous!

hey Nik you should have come over & said hi :) oh we can catch up next year sound like you have done better than us, Orlando would have totaly screwd up doing Open at this point :laugh: yea we got to majorly fix up my boy's heelwork, that is where we NQ'ed today but every thing else was great in Novice

We had club trials and Rommi got 197/200 in novice and Lewis got 178/200 after dropping after his finish and copping a sunstantial - never done that before so goodness knows what he is thinking!!

Now just need Rommi to settle and do that when we travel :)