Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

hi Jules, thanks for the tip even though we have proofed him :D after what happend at out 1st trial where the judges coat flung up & hit Ollie in the shoulder, we decided to proof him with things flapping around & being touched with different types of gloves :D

I did take part in the stays :D I like to take part in the stays even if we are not sitting on a pass, I have pulled out of stays once & asked the judge, all is cool :D

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whooo Hooo Oss :cheer::champagne: what bloody great scores

I feel ashaimed now of Ollie's scores, Yes I know I shouldnt :) & to a point I dont

No way should you feel ashamed of Ollies scores. Geez some of the scores we have had well, we just prefer to forget them!! Rommi got pulled early at her last sanctioned trial as she had a small meltdown and really fluffed it. You are out there, doing it and getting passes and titles - be proud :) Just how many Whippets are there out there actually competeing??? You are doing really well, so don't think otherwise!

We've been a bit light on for training videos here so thought I'd do my bit :laugh:

I was working with Pippa earlier with her dumbell hold, and when I've been putting my hand out to take it from her, she thought I was asking her to shake paw (something my mum taught her). I've realised in my attempt to get her to extend her hold, I was clicking her for added criteria of offering her paw as well :o But it's too damn cute that I had to capture it on video, before I attempt to shape it out again laugh.gif

A bit quiet in this thread lately!

Just thought I'd post this here in hope that someone might understand :o:rofl: We've just been promoted to a higher agility level at club training and last night was our first class. Not having trained agility for nearly a month, Ava was a monster :eek: Crashing into bars, making up her own course, not listening... anyway, I tried to stay positive but found it difficult.

So on the way home I stopped at the local oval and did 10 minutes of obedience training... heelwork, figure of 8s, recall, Hansel and Gretel game, fast drops... all this just to make sure we both ended on a high note :rofl: I know most people tend to find agility more fun but obedience is definitely the less stressful activity for us!!!

:thumbsup: Good on you for doing that for both of you. Sounds like the step up (and with the break) might have been a bit too much. I think I probably would have pulled the dog out of the class and just done some foundation work (on lead if necessary) or just audited the class - ideally - both. :)

And although I love my agility with Miss Kirra, and enjoy playing round with it on my own with Rory, I haven't proofed him anywhere near enough yet to be doing a class with other dogs. Hopefully ... if I work really hard over the summer ... and do all the Recallers games, and maybe some CU Look at That .... we might get into agility class and comps next year.

In the meantime, he can be an obedience. Rally O and Tracking dog - luckily he loves obedience, and is a lot of fun to work with. :D

Kids are on holidays - no obedience for a month - day 4 of our holidays and already they are annoying me.

So what does one do .....................

starts their agility training rofl1.gif This arvo we started channel weaves and introduced them to 1 jump and just to keep my motivation high I sent of my agility entries for the western classic today which is in March. NO Pressure wink.gif

I have to catch up with Deb BUT Toby has been sound almost all year and has improved so much since she began working with him so we might have a chat about recommencing agility for him. I am cautiously excited. So we may be doing some agility training over the summer too Ptolomy. :crossfingers:

However my reason for posting is just get a little advice, what types of exercises would the people here do to proof stays? Would you practice situations where loose dogs come up?

I won't be in obedience at the Western Classic mostly because I am showing that night and want to be careful of taking too much on. However saying that Ptolomy if you want to take more on the Friday night conformation judge has judged Toller Speciality's in Canada and I would be able to handle if needed. ;)

We've been on holidays for just over two weeks and are well into our summer training program. Tonight was our 7th tracking training session and everybody came away feeling like the proverbial penny has dropped! Gotta love the light bulb moments

Kids are on holidays - no obedience for a month - day 4 of our holidays and already they are annoying me.

So what does one do .....................

starts their agility training rofl1.gif This arvo we started channel weaves and introduced them to 1 jump and just to keep my motivation high I sent of my agility entries for the western classic today which is in March. NO Pressure wink.gif

Hi Ptolomy - If you are going into obedience withdrawal, I have an untrained little Aussie and an unfocussed Sibe in Bunbury that could keep you busy! Also aiming at the Western Classic....might be aiming a little high at this stage though :laugh: