Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK - we haven't done a lot over the last few days - but very pleased with tonight's effort as Strauss has grown in confidence. All the weavers are in a straight line now - but I have angled out the top of them and will slowly straighten them. Cider tore a dew claw - so she is has a bandaged paw and will not do anything for a day or two. Interesting that although Cider was much quicker to catch onto the weaving concept, Strauss is now more reliable in completing 12 weavers.

Just popping in to say hi. Got a 6 year old Labrador poodle x from the local pound on Xmas Eve, and started his training today (light duties only while he recovers from kennel cough).

He is such a good boy! Gave everything a go and seemed to understand LLW by the end of our second (very brief) session today.

Long way to go, but so much fun training a new dog! :)

Day 17 of learning to weave. Strauss had only 3 runs tonight and did 3 nice runs, he is now lowering his head as he weaves. Cider had 10 runs at least and she would miss the entry, run down the side or pop out, all the time keeping her weaving action - bless her. She is in such a rush that I am sure in her own mind she gets it right, but from an outsiders view - its ugly. We managed 2 ok runs at the end - so I quit while we were ahead.

The kids haven't had any jump training - so guilty of lumping - yet again.....

5 weeks in to our tracking training and this morning we laid a longish for us (350/400m)track with our first for real turn (have been doing gradually increasing curves so far) and my little pocket rocket nailed it. So pleased with her today, this tracking stuff is very addictive. :laugh::laugh:

Start back into obedience next week so its good the foundations appear to be there now.Its been a great summer break.

Day 17 of learning to weave. Strauss had only 3 runs tonight and did 3 nice runs, he is now lowering his head as he weaves. Cider had 10 runs at least and she would miss the entry, run down the side or pop out, all the time keeping her weaving action - bless her. She is in such a rush that I am sure in her own mind she gets it right, but from an outsiders view - its ugly. We managed 2 ok runs at the end - so I quit while we were ahead.

The kids haven't had any jump training - so guilty of lumping - yet again.....

Looking good, take my hat off to anyone who can teach weavers. We were always hopeless at it or should I say I was always hopeless at it.

:thumbsup: to both Ptolomy and the weaving kids, and kathq on the tracking - and yes, it is addictive ROFL.

Happy New Year for tomorrow - my resolution is to be more organised in training - well not hard, since I'm not organised at all - but next year ...... :rofl: