Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Sas it looks like he is coming around in anticipation of his treat. I would get the food off me and only have a couple of bits in a pocket. I would also feed with the hand closet to the dog so he is treated whilst in position.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep I have done Doggie Dancing with my kids. Kenz has her first title - DWD freestyle starters and half a heelwork to music starters title and Ness has half a freestyle starters title :thumbsup: .

Sas it looks like he is coming around in anticipation of his treat. I would get the food off me and only have a couple of bits in a pocket. I would also feed with the hand closet to the dog so he is treated whilst in position.

Thanks, I'll give that a go, just need to find pants with pockets!

Ah you must've read my mind Ptolomy, I was on the Cool Champions site looking at cool coats last night! Price scared me off though, one Kyzer's size was about $70, they are $40 on that site you posted.

I was going to order one for Trixie too but she is 45cms and the XS is 34cm and the S is 53 CM, might leave it for now, she doesn't need one that badly.

Does anyone know how long they take to arrive? Do you already have yours Ptolomy?

I got an email today to say the coats were being posted today. I suggest that you hang off and wait and see what these new ones are like before decising which way to jump.

Ah you must've read my mind Ptolomy, I was on the Cool Champions site looking at cool coats last night! Price scared me off though, one Kyzer's size was about $70, they are $40 on that site you posted.

I was going to order one for Trixie too but she is 45cms and the XS is 34cm and the S is 53 CM, might leave it for now, she doesn't need one that badly.

Does anyone know how long they take to arrive? Do you already have yours Ptolomy?

I got an email today to say the coats were being posted today. I suggest that you hang off and wait and see what these new ones are like before decising which way to jump.

Let me know what u think of them Ptolomy, I am not going to get one very soon because its nearly winter now anyway.

Lovely work there sas :laugh: If you look carefully he is not moving out of position on the click....its your treating out of position thats causing the problem. Really easy to fix....Golden rule...treat in position!!!!!! Transfer the food to your left hand and quickly treat in position.

Can someone please help me.

Late last year we were doing the 'Slow Dane' Challenge in the Dane thread and it was for the Pivot Heel, we were doing ok when the deadline drew but was not able to get Dante swinging his rear around properly or side stepping back then.

We've had a little break and this was the return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxNzc8lgmw

Problem....or is it? When I click he moves out of position....now I guess I'm clicking him for what he just did so maybe it's not a problem?

From watching the video can anyone give me any critque of what I may not be doing right....now keep in mind this is a Dane so we work at a slightly slower pace otherwise they can get confused and then frustrated LOL

I'll wait and see what you think of them then. Wouldn't mind having a look when you get them if that's ok?

You back from Brissy yet?

Lovely work there sas :thumbsup: If you look carefully he is not moving out of position on the click....its your treating out of position thats causing the problem. Really easy to fix....Golden rule...treat in position!!!!!! Transfer the food to your left hand and quickly treat in position.
Can someone please help me.

Late last year we were doing the 'Slow Dane' Challenge in the Dane thread and it was for the Pivot Heel, we were doing ok when the deadline drew but was not able to get Dante swinging his rear around properly or side stepping back then.

We've had a little break and this was the return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxNzc8lgmw

Problem....or is it? When I click he moves out of position....now I guess I'm clicking him for what he just did so maybe it's not a problem?

From watching the video can anyone give me any critque of what I may not be doing right....now keep in mind this is a Dane so we work at a slightly slower pace otherwise they can get confused and then frustrated LOL

Thanks, I was 99% it was sure it was me but couldn't see the balantly obvious :thumbsup:

Who took the photo Tiggy and where did you find it?

My Dad took the photo :) . He took lots but most were of Banjo and that's the only one of Sophie where you can actually see her and then the battery went flat.

Edited by Tiggy

What happens when you've chosen a different training path to your club? One where the rules make it quite difficult for you to train anything but their methods?

Does anyone truly train totally separate from a club, particularly for agility when you don't have a full compliment of gear? And with a young dog who would obviously benefit from working under distraction?

Be interested to hear people's thoughts please :rofl:

I guess what it means by totally separate?

I train obedience on club training night but not in a class, I find my own spot and do some stuff. Club says I am welcome to get out any equipment I might want.

I train agility one night in a class, then another one other night (possibly 2 soon) I train with a small group of others where we do our own thing. We also borrow the club equipment.

I don't know if it's luck or not but I've found a great couple of clubs that allow me to do this :)

I train obedience on club training night but not in a class, I find my own spot and do some stuff. Club says I am welcome to get out any equipment I might want.

I train agility one night in a class, then another one other night (possibly 2 soon) I train with a small group of others where we do our own thing. We also borrow the club equipment.

I don't know if it's luck or not but I've found a great couple of clubs that allow me to do this :)

The practicing side of things is where my problem comes in, I do tracking on a saturday, obedience on a sunday and if I wanted we could do agility on a wednesday. Now when would i have the time to practice?? I try do a bit if obedience each weekday, havent done any tracking practice this week as OH is on nightshift and I work in the mornings!! Not enough hours in the day!

What happens when you've chosen a different training path to your club? One where the rules make it quite difficult for you to train anything but their methods?

Does anyone truly train totally separate from a club, particularly for agility when you don't have a full compliment of gear? And with a young dog who would obviously benefit from working under distraction?

Be interested to hear people's thoughts please :)

I'd be finding a club that did suit my methods if that were possible. The only folk I know who aren't club members have full sets of gear permanently set up and have training sessions with other folk.

I don't know if it's luck or not but I've found a great couple of clubs that allow me to do this :rofl:

The practicing side of things is where my problem comes in, I do tracking on a saturday, obedience on a sunday and if I wanted we could do agility on a wednesday. Now when would i have the time to practice?? I try do a bit if obedience each weekday, havent done any tracking practice this week as OH is on nightshift and I work in the mornings!! Not enough hours in the day!

Welcome to my world, Candice! ;) This is why most nights after work, I don't sit down and eat dinner til well after 9pm because I'm out training :eek: I agree, definitely not enough hours in the day! But you know what, if there were more hours, they would just set our working hours up more! Still wouldn't mean more time for personal activities :)

I don't know if it's luck or not but I've found a great couple of clubs that allow me to do this :rofl:

Welcome to my world, Candice! ;) This is why most nights after work, I don't sit down and eat dinner til well after 9pm because I'm out training :eek: I agree, definitely not enough hours in the day! But you know what, if there were more hours, they would just set our working hours up more! Still wouldn't mean more time for personal activities :)

Probably true!!! I think I will leave the agility for next year but then again it would be fun to give it a go..... not sure what to do.