Breed Discimination

Robbi

Don't listen - Abbey is gorgeous.

Stupid womans loss.

I do remember walking our Stafford and Dobe one day with my frend and her two dogs.

A lady approached me and asked if she could pat my Dobe, I said yes. Our STafford was so happy someone was going towards, just about wiggling himseld inside out at the though of a pat - but not jumping or pushing at all. They both moved very slightly towards her. Her reply. Oh not tyou you ugly dog, Hate those dogs they are vicious untrustworthy things. My reply, well out of the two he is the one I would trust first and she is the one that guards, he doesn't at all. Our Stafford is the friendliest dog out. Her reply, no they are all horrible and nasty and should be euthanased. I walked off.

Can't compete with stupid.

:laugh:

Agreed! And it happened more than once, sometimes it was the other way around, loved the Stafford, hated the Dobe.

Now I have Whippets it a whole new type of breedism. The best was oh my god why do you have a Whippet they are the uglist dogs out. The are all scrawny and horrible why on earth would you want one of those?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R&L:

Agreed! And it happened more than once, sometimes it was the other way around, loved the Stafford, hated the Dobe.

Now I have Whippets it a whole new type of breedism. The best was oh my god why do you have a Whippet they are the uglist dogs out. The are all scrawny and horrible why on earth would you want one of those?

Don't forget "gee, he looks like he could use a good feed". :laugh:

I was out walking the tribe last night. Got an excited squeal of "look Mum... POODLES!" from a youngster.

Poor Howard must have thought he was invisible. :laugh:

Edited by poodlefan

Please don't call her a "lady" she doesn't have any manners so can't be a lady.

Did she ask before approacing you and patting Yogi who isn't fussed with the attention? I guess not, you probably would have said best not to and recomend she pat Abbie, her loss is your gain.

Bring her to a DOL meet Robbi - we will give her lots of cuddles - she is a beautiful girl :laugh:

ETA - with Earl I now get - "What is it?" or - depending on how drooly he is - a screwed up face and a "Yuck". Rosie gets all the attention because she is such a pretty girl - vain little sod that she is

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

Bring her to a DOL meet Robbi - we will give her lots of cuddles - she is a beautiful girl :)

ETA - with Earl I now get - "What is it?" or - depending on how drooly he is - a screwed up face and a "Yuck". Rosie gets all the attention because she is such a pretty girl - vain little sod that she is

Yep, bring her to a DOL meet. I'd love to give her a cuddle, she's gorgeous :laugh:

When I was showing Pele at the Royal we (including the other bully people) would often get the "Gee aren't they ugly". Often felt like saying "Look in the mirror" or "Your kid's ugly!" but just bit my tongue.

I love it at dog training when we get the OMG it's a Bull Terrier, we'd better keep out of its way from the newbies and they discover that Pele is in the trial class :laugh:

Grr people are douchebags..

I remember when I took Jaz to the markets.. he was 5 months old and I had a greyhound muzzle on him... people kept commenting on the vicious dog... I did stop to explain to a few of them that it was for the safety and security of people's shopping bags on his first time at the market :laugh: :laugh: :) He as a but of a nosey parker.

I've also had people yell at me that I need to feed my dog... it was just after he was clipped off and looked like skeletor.

Ohhhh :) that just made my heart sink. I can just picture Abbie looking for her pat :laugh: Some people just plain suck.

Bring Abbie over here, I will give her lots of cuddles and kisses and make her feel real special :laugh:

Abbey is gorgeous, don't listen to idiots!

I get people crossing the road to get away from me and my dogs... I don't own any of the bully breeds. :laugh:

I have also received the "lets cross the road, that staffy could run a mile"

I don't own staffys, never have. I have Pointers! :laugh: All I could do was laugh.

Thanks for all the positive comments :) Abbie certainly is beautiful inside and out! I guess it was a shock to think that anybody would think she was anything but the sweet boofa I know her to be.

We will be at the next DOL meet, Earl looks like he needs a big puppy squeeze from me :(

Beautiful girl she is!! I can't even think of calling someone elses dog ugly, i like all dogs, even though i'm not a major fan of SWF, they like all dogs have their own special personality so i never judge any dog until i've had the chance to say hello to it!

next time give her a peice of your mind!!

That was really rude. Some people have no idea.

Have to comment though... People have posted about being offended when their dogs were called Mops, hit in the face, etc. I have never really thought about this! I often make comments like these (not to the owners of course) but I mean it in a light-hearted way. Do people really get upset about it?

Have to comment though... People have posted about being offended when their dogs were called Mops, hit in the face, etc. I have never really thought about this! I often make comments like these (not to the owners of course) but I mean it in a light-hearted way. Do people really get upset about it?

I tolerated with good humor my dog being called a rat for about the first 200 times, the next 200 times it started to grate a little, now I just wait till they're gone and spontaneously combust :( It might not be so bad if I liked rats but I really don't.

Abby is a gorgeous girl!!! I would have told the woman she's not even a Pit Bull or 'freaked out', grabbed the dogs close and screeched "OMG WHERE?????????

I know all dogs aren't everyone's cup of tea, but to call a particular (strange) dog ugly in front of it's owner is just not nice.

I say these things about either my own dogs or friends' dogs who I know don't mind.

I think it's the manner in which people say these things- some people really do sound like they are genuinely serious or nasty about it.

And yes, like WnH, after a few hundred times it gets so very old :(

But really, would you like your dog referred to as a cloth on the end of a rag that cleans the kitchen floor? :(

Edited by SpikesPuppy

I also really hate it when you have two dogs and someone comes over and only pats one of them while the other poor bugger is waiting for a pat too :(

We get that a lot...Rhu is tiny & fluffy with big eyes, s opeople wnat to pat him, and ignore Jarrah who is old & brindle with no tail.....Jarrah would love to be patted by strangers, whilst Rhu generally will recoil in horror!!! Little kids seem to like Rhu....when they ask if they can have a pat & I say, yes but you can pat the big brown one, not the small white one they look really disappointed!

I've had lots of nasty comments about my dogs. Mostly about their tails and NOBODY has believed me when I say that natural bobtails are a genetic possibility and not made up :(

One of my puppy clients came to class one morning quite uspet as he had been abused in the street for docking his bobtail Aussie Shepherd.

On the subject of comments...I have been known, with Sharpei pups to comment (in a jokey way) "did your mamma forget to iron you this morning???" but always back it up with "they do make the cutest pups, don't they???" Hope no one gets offended by that!!!

What an idiot, abbie is gorgeous.

My toy poodles have had their fair share of 'breedism' before. Someone once called my white toy a 'tampon' in front of me, if I wasnt so shocked and speechless I would have gone off my head at her. :laugh:

Ive had men walk past us and joke about my toys being 'crab bait' and I just laugh and ask them if they are jealous that my dogs have better haircuts then them. People are so stupid. :laugh: