Breed Discimination

Robbi

I get it all the time with my Georgie and it is really upsetting.

She is a sweet natured dog and she absolutely adores people, pats and cuddles. It's her smile that puts people off but there is no malice to it. She is just truly happy and showing it. :thumbsup:

That beautiful smile wouldn't put me off... However the Crazy left eye might :(

--Lhok

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't listen - Abbey is gorgeous.

Stupid womans loss.

I do remember walking our Stafford and Dobe one day with my frend and her two dogs.

A lady approached me and asked if she could pat my Dobe, I said yes. Our STafford was so happy someone was going towards, just about wiggling himseld inside out at the though of a pat - but not jumping or pushing at all. They both moved very slightly towards her. Her reply. Oh not tyou you ugly dog, Hate those dogs they are vicious untrustworthy things. My reply, well out of the two he is the one I would trust first and she is the one that guards, he doesn't at all. Our Stafford is the friendliest dog out. Her reply, no they are all horrible and nasty and should be euthanased. I walked off.

Can't compete with stupid.

Aww, bring her to me, I'll give her lots of cuddles! She's so cute! :(

What gets me is how some people are quite rude and upfront with their negative comments about our beloved pets, but boy, wouldn't it be the reverse if we said negative things about their kids! Ooh, don't go near that kid, Fido, it might bite you! Or oooh, what are you doing to that poor child, it's so fat!

I mean, seriously.

Don't listen - Abbey is gorgeous.

Stupid womans loss.

I do remember walking our Stafford and Dobe one day with my frend and her two dogs.

A lady approached me and asked if she could pat my Dobe, I said yes. Our STafford was so happy someone was going towards, just about wiggling himseld inside out at the though of a pat - but not jumping or pushing at all. They both moved very slightly towards her. Her reply. Oh not tyou you ugly dog, Hate those dogs they are vicious untrustworthy things. My reply, well out of the two he is the one I would trust first and she is the one that guards, he doesn't at all. Our Stafford is the friendliest dog out. Her reply, no they are all horrible and nasty and should be euthanased. I walked off.

Can't compete with stupid.

:(

I get it all the time with my Georgie and it is really upsetting.

She is a sweet natured dog and she absolutely adores people, pats and cuddles. It's her smile that puts people off but there is no malice to it. She is just truly happy and showing it. :(

I had a male Groen who smiled like that, thanks for the pic it brought back memories.

A lot of people seem more nervous of black dogs too, not sure why but I sure noticed it when I had him.

Aww, bring her to me, I'll give her lots of cuddles! She's so cute! :thumbsup:

What gets me is how some people are quite rude and upfront with their negative comments about our beloved pets, but boy, wouldn't it be the reverse if we said negative things about their kids! Ooh, don't go near that kid, Fido, it might bite you! Or oooh, what are you doing to that poor child, it's so fat!

I mean, seriously.

:(

I have had people do that when we had out APBT and Lab and it really peeved me off.

I stormed off (no hugs for that person from either dog!) once with the boys after a nasty comment about Armand.

Armand was beautiful, very very friendly and willing to give anyone a cuddle, not to mention he was always well behaved.

Lestat the Lab is the one to watch, he guards (totally not a normal Lab) and can be a bit toey around certain people.

Years ago we had a tiny kelpie x pup. I used to regularly see a lady who would walk a huge rotty & a staffy together, they seemed quite placid & calm so one day I asked her if it was ok for our dogs to meet. She just about fell over with surprise, and readily agreed. I thought her reaction was a bit wierd, but reading all of these comments, and now owning a Staffy myself I wonder if she too had been subjected to a bit of Breedism in her time?

The dogs were fine BTW....it was our pup who was the hooligan!

I feel a bit sorry for my Sally as people always make a big fuss of Bert the 'small cute dog'.

I also hate when people come up/walk past and say 'oh, look at that dog, he looks like he has been hit in the face with a..... (cricket bat, car door etc).

It's just mean :(

I had this experience recently and responded by grabbing my two and asking here where the dog was and that I had better get my two babies away for it as well.. so we both better run.

The women looked at me like I was mad but I did chuckle all the way to the car. Can solve idiotism!

Aww, bring her to me, I'll give her lots of cuddles! She's so cute! :(

I mean, seriously.

I agree the comments people make are so rude, I've lost count of how many times someone has called my chi an ugly rat dog :thumbsup:

If you ever see a news story about someone being assaulted because they said something nasty about a chi that would probably be me having finally lost it :eek:

I also really hate it when you have two dogs and someone comes over and only pats one of them while the other poor bugger is waiting for a pat too :laugh:

My older girl has the brows and used to be walked in a halti, so she was the 'vicious dog' in the "muzzle". :( Plus I was a child when I was walking her so people would never mind what they said to me. I was a bit of a mouth back then though so the comments never went unanswered :thumbsup:

Whatever happened to "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

I've had lots of nasty comments about my dogs. Mostly about their tails and NOBODY has believed me when I say that natural bobtails are a genetic possibility and not made up :(

Years ago we had a tiny kelpie x pup. I used to regularly see a lady who would walk a huge rotty & a staffy together, they seemed quite placid & calm so one day I asked her if it was ok for our dogs to meet. She just about fell over with surprise, and readily agreed. I thought her reaction was a bit wierd, but reading all of these comments, and now owning a Staffy myself I wonder if she too had been subjected to a bit of Breedism in her time?

The dogs were fine BTW....it was our pup who was the hooligan!

Hey that wasn't me was it!!! people always avoided us out walking, not so much now because I've only got the Rott and she slowly walks along side of me now (old age!)

Agree with why can't some people keep their mouth shut if they can't say something nice