March Photo Challenge

Ashanali

First photo for this challenge, really havent had much time for taking photos but went to Grants Picnic Ground today for some relax time and lots of photos :laugh: This is one of my favourite :laugh:

post-21285-1269749298_thumb.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anniek, I really like the first two and the different colours on the water. and YAY Airedales!

Thanks for the comments Cat - and yeah Airedales - don't see a lot of them. These two are so funny, we see them often and they rush up and bark "at the big dogs", then run away when the "big dogs" look at them :laugh:

annie - if those 2 shots into the rising sun were mine I would have exposed for the reflected water thereby making them silhouettes, the colours of the water are great! :laugh:

thanks CM - those dam greys run big circles around you - so it's into the sun, back to the sun - me spinning on the spot trying to keep the camera out of the water. I have tried to change the exposure in lightroom, but the dog then just vanishes into the water - not sufficient contrast to silhouette the dog. And no matter what I do, the water gets "pinker", But I guess I am happy with the shots under the circumstances :laugh: .

annie - if those 2 shots into the rising sun were mine I would have exposed for the reflected water thereby making them silhouettes, the colours of the water are great! :rofl:

thanks CM - those dam greys run big circles around you - so it's into the sun, back to the sun - me spinning on the spot trying to keep the camera out of the water. I have tried to change the exposure in lightroom, but the dog then just vanishes into the water - not sufficient contrast to silhouette the dog. And no matter what I do, the water gets "pinker", But I guess I am happy with the shots under the circumstances ;) .

The 2nd pic looks more like it could be a silhouette than the 1st?

:) I've done the water dance, click, click, click argh! camera held high in the air, spin spin spin, back down again, click, click, click - it's a dangerous operation :)

They are nice as is, the light is nice, and I like the morning playtime beachy feel :rofl:

If (and this is usually a big "if") I was to think about these shots before taking them I would have set the camera to take some silhouette shots, and only bothered clicking when they were in that spot, and wait for them to circle back around etc. and then after I was satisfied switch back to take normally exposed shots and take those pics? Like 2 separate shoots? Just an idea :rofl:

The 2nd pic looks more like it could be a silhouette than the 1st?

:) I've done the water dance, click, click, click argh! camera held high in the air, spin spin spin, back down again, click, click, click - it's a dangerous operation :)

OK - I've cropped it the other way now - there's another grey about to whizz past on the left :rofl:

-1039-1.jpg

tonight's full moon -

I got there way too late but the dogs just had to come, so I was fumbling a bit in the dark as per usual :eek:

Might try again tomorrow night - at least aim for a bit earlier.

4475463159_9726859ff4.jpg

There's a couple of fisher people in this one - and a UFO

4475473363_5735b6d189.jpg

Annie those full moons ones are lovely. What time was that and what shutter speed. the second one looks like they are about to be beamed up. If you knew who they were it would be good to be able to give them a copy.

Annie those full moons ones are lovely. What time was that and what shutter speed. the second one looks like they are about to be beamed up. If you knew who they were it would be good to be able to give them a copy.

Just checked on the camera it was 7:50pm onwards - way to late, but I had to pick OH up from the station at 7pm.

The first pic was shutter speed 1/4 aperture 2.8 (not intended) ISO 640 (not intended) with the wrong lens - the 70 - 200 taken at 70mm. By the time I got there the moon was getting too high to get it in the shot with the sea. I had the 50mm in my pocket (with the poo bags) so used it for the second shot.

The seond one was shutter speed 1/13 AV 1.8 (not intended) ISO 3200 with the 50mm lens.

I took the tripod but had trouble steadying it i the sand, so I rested the camera on a post which again limited my "view". The moon was visibly rising and in my hurry to set the 2 sec timer I forgot to change the AV settings. Anyway, we are here to learn - and that I did :thumbsup:

I will endeavour to go down again tonight, and try for a horizontal panorama of the moon rising over the sea. ;)

trifecta, that last shot is just beautiful.

Thanks Rozzie!

That's our big boy Rogan, Shep x Kelpie ex SDH. He's beginning to show a little bit of age, would be rising 8 years I guess. He hates having his photo taken but will lap up adoration all day :)