March Photo Challenge

Ashanali

annie - love the 2nd shot of your friends' grey :thumbsup:

tlc - nice one of ? is that Bronson? sorry I know it's not Cooper but that's as far as I can tell :happydance:

kirislin - I love the colours, makes it look kinda old, which lens is that taken with?

sbt - that first shot of the cars lined-up is cool, and can't go past a kelpie on the back of sheep :dancingelephant:

Clicking Mad, Which beach is that?

the 3rd, 4th and 5th pics where all taken down Werribee South :whee:

Clicking Mad, the colour shot of the liver Dally with those amazing eyes is magnificent. If that were a shot of my dog, it would be framed and on my wall.

thanks, that's my pretty brat-boy Chester :cheer:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

annie - love the 2nd shot of your friends' grey :thumbsup:

tlc - nice one of ? is that Bronson? sorry I know it's not Cooper but that's as far as I can tell :happydance:

kirislin - I love the colours, makes it look kinda old, which lens is that taken with?

sbt - that first shot of the cars lined-up is cool, and can't go past a kelpie on the back of sheep :dancingelephant:

Clicking Mad, Which beach is that?

the 3rd, 4th and 5th pics where all taken down Werribee South :whee:

Clicking Mad, the colour shot of the liver Dally with those amazing eyes is magnificent. If that were a shot of my dog, it would be framed and on my wall.

thanks, that's my pretty brat-boy Chester :cheer:

Ohh goodie, that's what I wanted, I thought it did too. thanks. I used my 50mm

-0370.jpg

-0369.jpg

Both taken with the nifty fifty 1.8 at ISO 3200

I am finding with the 7D that I can hold the camera much steadier - maybe because it is a bit bigger (sits better in my paws) and heavier to hold.

First one taken with shutter speed of 1/30

second one 1/25

FWIW the ratio of a DSLR (bar Olympus) is 3:2 as Ash said above.

For those of you who are shooting with compact cameras, your standard ratio is 4:3.

It will probably not make a huge difference as you frame for 1:1 or panorama, but it will definitely make a difference if you try to take your compact camera's image to the printer and ask for 4x6 - you'll lose part of your image (for those shooting dslrs, if you try to print an industry standard 8x10, you'll be losing two inches off the long edge which you totally need to keep in mind when you frame your shots) :laugh:

What is the Olympus ratio (I have an Olympus DSLR)?

Also my effort:

4415628607_e27eeb5447_b.jpg

-0393-2.jpg

OOh Annie, I like this one, it has an almost painterly feel to it for me anyway.

And CM, that is a particularly beautiful photo of Chester.

thanks - she often just "sits" on the sofa like that, with her "my mum beats me" look :(

Most of our walls are painted a pale orangy colour and I really like it for photo backdrops.