March Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooooo - I haven't done anything to do with cropping before. I mean, not intentionally anyway!

I don't think I'll get one for every day of this month but a few of my project 365 things will be cropped this month.

I'm with you, I had enough trouble with last months and running out of time (damn my long work hours).

If I have anything to fit this month I will put it in

A few of my attempts.

This first one I don't know if it is the right ratios as I am not smart enough to figure out lightroom atm so I guessed.

4396737693_04b3562d18.jpg

4397478246_a4c2de6eab.jpg

Bob hates the water but today there for some reason he wanted to go in and dig around. He had to psych himself up first.

4397471636_3a57ddb7da.jpg

4397467330_7cf06ed29d.jpg

Sorry I take way to many photos.

I will try and join in, though I am not sure I understand the ratios, I hope I cropped this one right. Im doing a month of my ball jointed dolls for March, first one is Sofia with her ssistance dog:

Day 60 - Sofia and Wolfie

4397453753_d7933fd447_b.jpg

I'll have to see what I can do - My photo from yesterday definitely wasn't done with a crop in mind but if I have time, today's will be.

I will probably be without a computer at home for the next couple of days so you might get innundated when I get my computer back (yay for new software!).

Mark Ridout (Canadian people tog) has a good post up that might help with this month's challenge. He was hired by a family to replace a big rectangular art canvas with something of the family. So he used six square canvas prints to fill the space and make it totally about the family.

I hope you don't mind but I had a play with your image, huga. I'll remove it if I've overstepped. I've used your sshhhhh, shot to try to illustrate more about cropping square.

I think a square crop is a strong crop. It's about annihilating anything that doesn't help the frame. It's a POW crop. It's making whatever you're taking a photo of command the space.

Anyhoo, here's my quick take from your original crop because I love the image and think it could be GREAT! But the original square crop imho is not striking. Again, if I've gone too far with using your image or with trying to get out what I was thinking when I suggested this challenge, I will totally remove the rework and this post.

hugashhh.jpg

BTW the original image in this thread was really tiny so my rework is very pixelated, I hope it gets across what I wanted it to LOL

Edited by kja