March Photo Challenge

Ashanali

Ahhh! :laugh: My face that big is scary! :laugh:

Ok, gotcha. I have to figure out my editing program a bit more for cropping, because when I choose the 1:1 ration, it only comes up with one size... So I need to crop and then crop again. Off to play...

And yeah, I only put little images in these threads most of the time, because big pictures annoy me and make me reach my download limit faster.

Those bottle look great as a square crop, Justice!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

beautiful colours in the sky Annie, it needs the silhoutte of an elegant greyhound in there too though :o

I went out last night to look at the sunset and there was this deep dark red band, right on the horizon.

I missed a lot of last month's challenge due to issues with my laptop & having to have Windows reloaded.

However, here are my first efforts for this month - a couple of seascapes taken on a holiday in Tasmania.

4410435424_9f086192a0.jpg

4410435420_b3d5a14653.jpg

Newbie here ...

Is the idea just to take the pic , following the challenge topic, then just post it up on this thread? Or is there somewhere else you should post it???

:(

Have a look at the OP, it has directions on what the challenge entails and just pop your pics up here, easy peasy!!

Trifecta, beautiful shots!!

I hope you don't mind but I had a play with your image, huga. I'll remove it if I've overstepped. I've used your sshhhhh, shot to try to illustrate more about cropping square.

I think a square crop is a strong crop. It's about annihilating anything that doesn't help the frame. It's a POW crop. It's making whatever you're taking a photo of command the space.

Anyhoo, here's my quick take from your original crop because I love the image and think it could be GREAT! But the original square crop imho is not striking. Again, if I've gone too far with using your image or with trying to get out what I was thinking when I suggested this challenge, I will totally remove the rework and this post.

hugashhh.jpg

BTW the original image in this thread was really tiny so my rework is very pixelated, I hope it gets across what I wanted it to LOL

wow huga, you hair looks great that shade of red!

and kja, i like how you recropped this.