Starving Dog Thrown From Car

k9angel

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:):laugh:

I hope she is ok now?

Unfortunately for the dog, if the RSPCA haven't received lots of donations from this story, then the poor girl has been sent to the "Rainbow Bridge", they only keep them alive if money is coming in.

I am at the main shelter on Monday I will ask

(a) how she is doing and

(b) if I am able to post info for you all.

Mantis, Qld RSPCA is vastly different from the NSW branch. From what I have heard of them, I think we can be confident that this little dog will be safe.

They are all the same. No need to paint them with different brushes, they all like to get money from free advertising when they can.

I've been gone from DOL for years and still remember CLifford, but he could have easily have been from QLD - except he would have been deemed a dangerous dog by Logan before he took a second breath.

Mantis, Qld RSPCA is vastly different from the NSW branch. From what I have heard of them, I think we can be confident that this little dog will be safe.

They are all the same. No need to paint them with different brushes, they all like to get money from free advertising when they can.

I've been gone from DOL for years and still remember CLifford, but he could have easily have been from QLD - except he would have been deemed a dangerous dog by Logan before he took a second breath.

There is no RSPCA in Logan so I don't get the inference :) Are you referring to the Logan Pound which is not part of the RSPCA QLD?

I am at the main shelter on Monday I will ask

(a) how she is doing and

(b) if I am able to post info for you all.

Drop the hints that people right around Australia are still very much interested in her wellbeing and progress.

I'd love to see an updated pic of her improving condition.

Actually all these cases id love to see the progress of the dog, like the amstaff that was casterated and found tied to a pole etc.

They did it for Boof the dog that was bashed with a pipe and had a chain and anchored to cement blocks. I was so glad to read hs progress then was sent to a great home.

I hope they do let you post info for us.

Actually, they really aren't all the same. The recent thread about the RSPCA in ACT is a good example.

I wasn't on DOL during the Clifford incident, but I've read and heard enough to have an idea of why he is referenced in these kinds of cases and why people feel so strongly about him and how the RSPCA in NSW misused him.

But I would point out that the RSPCA QLD hasn't been out drumming up donations using Indy as poster child. The only reference in the papers has been when she was originally found and when the woman allegedly responsible for her condition, and the condition of a couple of other dogs, was charged. I don't think there isn't even a media release on the RSPCA Qld web site about it.

As for whether she will be able to be eventually rehomed, who knows. Given her condition when found, who knows what she has suffered and what her temperament is like. I don't have any first hand knowledge of her and have never even been out to the Dakabin shelter. I am confident though that the behaviourists and animal attendants on staff will do everything they can to help her get well and be rehomed.

But if she isn't suitable for rehoming then the right thing and the kindest thing is for her to be given her wings. And at least she will have known some love and security before she goes.

:laugh: :laugh:

I hope she is ok now?

Unfortunately for the dog, if the RSPCA haven't received lots of donations from this story, then the poor girl has been sent to the "Rainbow Bridge", they only keep them alive if money is coming in.

I hope she finds a safe home somewhere - Possibly I have misunderstood, but noone knows yet whether she has been rehomed or such?

:)

I hope she finds a safe home somewhere - Possibly I have misunderstood, but noone knows yet whether she has been rehomed or such?

My understanding from the last newspaper article is that she is at the Dakabin shelter, getting healthy and gaining weight. I don't know whether the woman charged with abuse has, or has to, relinquish ownership, or what Indy's current ownership status is. I don't think the article said anything about it.

:eek:

My understanding from the last newspaper article is that she is at the Dakabin shelter, getting healthy and gaining weight. I don't know whether the woman charged with abuse has, or has to, relinquish ownership, or what Indy's current ownership status is. I don't think the article said anything about it.

Thankyou for the update

I can say that ownership has been relinquished. I have the puppy here and he goes back this week for desexing and rehoming. :thumbsup:

I can say that ownership has been relinquished. I have the puppy here and he goes back this week for desexing and rehoming. :eek:

Wow! You've kept that quiet, you naughty girl. ;) :laugh:

Are you allowed to post pix or do we have to wait until he appears on the RSPCA website :D ?

I'm surprised that the RSPCA has to get the owner to relinquish; I would have thought they had "siezure" rights or something.

I can say that ownership has been relinquished. I have the puppy here and he goes back this week for desexing and rehoming. :D

Wow! You've kept that quiet, you naughty girl. ;) :laugh:

Are you allowed to post pix or do we have to wait until he appears on the RSPCA website :cheer: ?

I'm surprised that the RSPCA has to get the owner to relinquish; I would have thought they had "siezure" rights or something.

He was seized and has been here since being seized. He has now been surrendered so can be desexed and rehomed. I is good at keeping secrets :eek: (mostly) :clap:

eta my camera battery is broken so whatever pics are on it I can't download. A couple of friends came over today and took some pics so I will ask them to send them to me and if I am allowed I will post in the next day or so.

Edited by Ams

I checked today and since litigation against the owner(s) is still pending I am not permitted to put up pics or post further info. Puppy was desexed today so will be up on their website in a day or so.

Sorry but I tried. :cry:

I checked today and since litigation against the owner(s) is still pending I am not permitted to put up pics or post further info. Puppy was desexed today so will be up on their website in a day or so.

Sorry but I tried. :laugh:

Ams, is this by any chance your little foster chap? Zeb