Hernia's - Care To Share Your Knowledge?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the things that were described are untrue. The woman is a liar. The dog is at her vet awaiting euthanasia (who has confirmed that the dog is in the condition it was when it left us) and we are involved in a battle as regards ownership so that the poor dog can be returned to her foster carer. We are devastated and will be warning all rescue groups about this person when our dog has been returned to us. She arrived on Wednesday and on Friday was at the vets to be pts. :dancingelephant:

OH my god!!!!!! THIS is unbelieveable, but sadly true. WHY on earth would she go through all the processes to get a dog and then instead of returning it unsuitable???? WHY would she lie??? JUST return the b#%!** dog! Thankfully it is awaiting pts (?why did the vet hesitate...thank GOD he/she did) IS she known to the vet ? WHAT an awful situation for rescue and the dog. I hope all gets resolved soon.

Our vet rang the other vet first thing yesterday morning to discuss the supposed health issues that the dog had (which initially started as 3 hernias but finished up as 3 hernias, one fractured leg, blindness and deafness :dancingelephant: ). The vet confirmed that the dog DID not have the hernias or the fractured leg. He advised my vet that the dog had been brought into be put to sleep and our vet insisted that not happen and got on to me. Just pure luck to be honest.

Our vet rang the other vet first thing yesterday morning to discuss the supposed health issues that the dog had (which initially started as 3 hernias but finished up as 3 hernias, one fractured leg, blindness and deafness :eek: ). The vet confirmed that the dog DID not have the hernias or the fractured leg. He advised my vet that the dog had been brought into be put to sleep and our vet insisted that not happen and got on to me. Just pure luck to be honest.

:D :) ;) OMG. What is wrong with people? If the woman did not want the dog why did she not just send it back? I guess it's easier to make up lies, dump a dog at a vets and tell them to kill it then admit to a rescue group have changed your mind and don't want it.

In regards to ownership. With our rescue group we have people sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee up front but we do not sign the microchip form over untill our two week trial period is over.

Edited by puggy_puggy

If we had done that puggy puggy we would have had no chance of retrieving the dog as the payment of money overrides what is on the microchip.

Thankfully this woman paid money over the phone to our vet and that money hasn't yet been given to us. Legally this means the dog is still ours. It sadly is not going to be resolved until Tuesday but the breed specific rescue people are trying to help as well.

wow did not see that coming, how sad for the dog.

Hope you get the dog back soon and it's no worse for wear for it's time away.

BUT someone I trust advises that the vet has confirmed that there are 3 hernias.

I would rethink this person now.

That person is someone from the breed specific rescue - she has been taken in completely by the person who was taking the dog. She knows the vet that was being used and didn't anticipate that the woman would make everything up, particularly the part about the broken leg. The joys of nutters hey?

Can't wait until we know that the dog is coming back but we're not going to know for sure until Tuesday.

There are some loonies out there aren't there but so sad when they start to entangle the lives of innocents in the fabric of their own fantasy world. Fingers crossed that you get the dog back and all is well.

Doesn't sound like the dog is out of the woods yet. If legal ownership is proven, I think it can be insisted that this dog be pts. As sad as that is in this instance, I understand how it can be good in other instances. What a cretin. It really makes me wonder what is going on inside that person's mind and if she knew that rescue want the dog returned, why she would refuse that option.

ETA: Shame a 'cooling off period' can't be argued to work in rescue's favour.

Edited by Erny

Erny you're completely right. This poor little dog is at the mercy of the vet deciding who owns her - if he decides in our favour she comes home to live out her days with her devastated foster carer and if he decides in the nutters favour this delightful little older dog will be put to sleep. The person has been begged to send the dog back to us but refuses.

Jeez what a predicament!

I am praying very hard for you to get her back Tris.

So so sad that someone could do this to an innocent dog. Maybe the vet can offer to buy her off the adoptee and then you guys can buy her back for the same amount? I know you don't have heaps of money but is something like that possible?

Erny you're completely right. This poor little dog is at the mercy of the vet deciding who owns her - if he decides in our favour she comes home to live out her days with her devastated foster carer and if he decides in the nutters favour this delightful little older dog will be put to sleep. The person has been begged to send the dog back to us but refuses.

So sad, I hope you get this dog back ;)

What is going through this woman's head :crossfingers::(

Trisven, you said it was just luck re the vet hesistating and the dog not pts. My first thought was a. there is a God. Second thought was b. the job was only halfway done, may you the uncaring adopter have to answer for your actions one day....

As for the idea of purchasing the dog back, its a thought though not wanting to reward this woman for her inaction whats paramount is getting this dog to safety. How old is this dog? Isnt there a contractual agreement about the dog should it be deemed 'not suitable?"

The vet's surgery has advised today that she is doing well, happy and walking well, eating, drinking & toileting as normal. The vet will be back in the office tomorrow at which point he will make a decision as to the ownership of the dog - he is being pushed from both sides, poor bugger.

I have great sympathy for the vet who is being very good but none at all for the evil cow who took the dog.