Cheap Agilty Equipment

Where are you getting yours from? Looks like TopBuy still has some.

Yep, typical. Had a good night at agility tonight which has given me some motivation to keep going so thought yep, I'll cave and buy that tunnel and of COURSE it is now sold out!!!! :cheer::cheer:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where are you getting yours from? Looks like TopBuy still has some.
Yep, typical. Had a good night at agility tonight which has given me some motivation to keep going so thought yep, I'll cave and buy that tunnel and of COURSE it is now sold out!!!! :cheer::cheer:

Yep from topbuy. They've still got the 3m but I wanted the 6m :cheer:

My tunnel arrived this morning :cheer:

I brought the larger 6m one.Am very happy with the quality for the price although there is a small section near the opening that has been missed being stitched and you can see a bit of the wire but I'll hand sew it together so it won't go any further.

Have not steaked in down yet to see how it goes as I opened it and popped it out the back on the concrete to see what it was like first.Dogs went through it fine,even one of my gsd's who has never done any agility went through it a few times after seeing my other girl run through it

Edited by 4 Paws

did anyone else buy the 6mt one?Im wondering if it's possible to cut it in half as it's pretty long and just steak it together if you want the longer length?

It's sewn around the steel circle parts so maybe I could cut off just after them?

did anyone else buy the 6mt one?Im wondering if it's possible to cut it in half as it's pretty long and just steak it together if you want the longer length?

It's sewn around the steel circle parts so maybe I could cut off just after them?

Noooo don't cut the 6m! They're sold out and you can only buy the 3m now, don't waste it! :( I am bummed I missed out now :) I'll buy it from you if it's too long for you :o

Ness, they are electric fence posts that have slits in them to slide the boards down.

Edited by RubyStar

RubyStar - you can share mine, I doubt I''ll be getting it out all the time, I usually do things in bursts then move on to something different for a while :)

Awww thanks Amy :) That'll teach me for taking too long to make up my mind :o After Millie giving me a glimpse last night of how she might be good at this afterall (if she got herself a new handler who knew how to teach this stuff properly ;)) I decided I want to make a bunch of jumps and really start practicing. Throwing in a tunnel would be great, too! Once we have our jumps made, we should meet up at the park with our gear and do some training :(

I've been trying to devise ways to make a chute... cardboard box or plastic rubbish bin with a shower curtain or sheet hanging off it? :)

Awesome RubyStar where do you buy them from and were they very expensive?

Got mine from an agricultural shop type place, but those large pet/garden places sometimes sell them too. They were $6.95 each. I'm going to go and get the ones Amy got (once she reminds me where from again :() as their channel runs all the way down and apparently don't have the nobbly bits on them like mine does! Making my box actually was more expensive than the solid jump, I was surprised! But then again, I had that wood in the garage so that was free. When I go buy thicker wood it's gonna cost me!!

Hmmm i'd grab a 3m tunnel and cut that in half to make a chute :( . Air dogs sell chutes.

Not sure if anyone has seen those laundry hampers that pop open (I use them for camping). The look just like the solid part of the chute and have the sprung wire inside. I was thinking to get one of those from the cheap shops and attach a chute on the end. I would assume Spotlight sells some kind of material similar to that of the actual chutes.

similar to this

post-26146-1268791588_thumb.jpg

Edited by thelinks

Looks a little pricey to me :laugh:

For what they are, yep - I have one - it's OK - but a bit on the light and flimsy side - Be OK for little dogs, but maybe not really tough enough for your kids RS. (Or my BCs - especially the little big man.) Must get it out of my friend's garage and get it home to try him out on it.

Awww thanks Amy :cheer: That'll teach me for taking too long to make up my mind :rolleyes: After Millie giving me a glimpse last night of how she might be good at this afterall (if she got herself a new handler who knew how to teach this stuff properly :laugh:) I decided I want to make a bunch of jumps and really start practicing. Throwing in a tunnel would be great, too! Once we have our jumps made, we should meet up at the park with our gear and do some training :)

Yeah good plan! Remember, I have a beginner as well :scared:

Not sure if anyone has seen those laundry hampers that pop open (I use them for camping). The look just like the solid part of the chute and have the sprung wire inside. I was thinking to get one of those from the cheap shops and attach a chute on the end. I would assume Spotlight sells some kind of material similar to that of the actual chutes.

Good idea! I've seen these for sale at Ikea and Big W