Cheap Agilty Equipment

Kaos is a BIG Kelpie, you may be fine :laugh: The withers is the top of the shoulder blades

:) Thanks!

Amy, if you still want to buy some jump cups, we could do a combined CR order if you want?

Oh nooooooooooooo :(:eek: My wish list on Clean Run is about 3 pages long :laugh:

:D Yes I could order a bunch of things off there too but if I go in with the idea of ONLY buying jump cups, then I am saving myself! I might email them and ask if they can provide a more "realistic" postage price for something so light!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want the jump cups from Clean Run too, but the singles because I really only need them at 200, 300 and 400 anyway

Can your bro or OH weld up some jump uprights too? :laugh: Then we have all heights covered!

I still don't know what height my girls will need to jump at. At a guess, I'm gonna say 500. Pleeeeeease don't be 600, Ruby will struggle BIG TIME!

I have some proper jump cups. I think i have both the 3/4 inch and 1 inch sizes. About 30 of them i think. I was going to make more agility jumps to sell cheap but never got round to it so i may sell a few of them

I want the jump cups from Clean Run too, but the singles because I really only need them at 200, 300 and 400 anyway

Can your bro or OH weld up some jump uprights too? :laugh: Then we have all heights covered!

I still don't know what height my girls will need to jump at. At a guess, I'm gonna say 500. Pleeeeeease don't be 600, Ruby will struggle BIG TIME!

I have some proper jump cups. I think i have both the 3/4 inch and 1 inch sizes. About 30 of them i think. I was going to make more agility jumps to sell cheap but never got round to it so i may sell a few of them

I'm interested in buying from you :laugh:

Guest Tess32

I know someone who is just getting into making some jumps (and some other agility stuff). They are really good quality and not too pricey. Located in VIC.

PM me if you're interested and I can pass it on :laugh:

I was going to use the electric fence posts for uprights, from what I can tell they are about $5 each

What do these look like? A google search hasn't really helped me as there are so many types :laugh: And where would I get some? Do the jump cups fit onto these?

Edited by RubyStar

I was going to use the electric fence posts for uprights, from what I can tell they are about $5 each

What do these look like? A google search hasn't really helped me as there are so many types :laugh: And where would I get some? Do the jump cups fit onto these?

Like this:

(the one on the far right)

fencingdaken35.jpg

Bigger picture of a similar one

treadinpost.jpg

ETA: Ozjen tells me you can find them at stockfeed / agricultural places, was going to have a hunt on the weekend for them.

Edited by amypie

I've got some at home ozjen has lent me but I don't think they'd fit the round jump cups? I was going to buy flat single ones and attach those instead.

I've seen people use these posts and just put plastic tape between the poles to act as a jump bar too.

An easy transport box is use the cut lengths of PVC and thread a rope into the pipes, one after another, tie the ends together and you have a quick collapsible box. Just pick up the diagonal corners and it folds up!

I made my own jump cups before getting some Clean run ones - I got the t-piece connects and cut them in half then with a bit of grit filed out the shelf so they slide - they work very nicely - bit fiddly but good result and you can make them as deep or shallow as you like. Much cheaper than jump cups

I made my own jump cups before getting some Clean run ones - I got the t-piece connects and cut them in half then with a bit of grit filed out the shelf so they slide - they work very nicely - bit fiddly but good result and you can make them as deep or shallow as you like. Much cheaper than jump cups

If you do this make sure you buy the ones with the 'grit' as neats described. There are other ones that are contured and is near impossible to grind out to make them slide.

Just wanted to add that I made jumps by using the recycled plastic garden posts from Bunnings and then electrical taping a C-shaped piece of PVC at the 3

heights I jump at . But it means that the jump posts must face different ways and the PVC jump bar is diagonal to be more stable.

I thought that was the best I could do and then I was competing recently and my friend had found something easier. He was using the electrical fence posts and for jump cups was just using very large folder clips. By folder clips I mean the black plastic and metal clips used for holding paperwork together. They are available in all sizes and I am sure we have all used them at work. Really easy to move if you need to.

I would be interested in tunnels available as well. Any suggestions on what tunnel to get

Edited by skip

http://www.instantagility.com/

Great link for PVC equipment!

QUOTE - This is the most basic of agility obstacles. It’s easy to make, will only take you about an hour and will cost about $12 in materials. You will need two adjustable jump cups in addition to the materials listed below for every jump bar on your hurdle.

WOW only $12 to make a PVC single jump bar... Id LOVE to know where they got there materials from, cause it sure as hell cost more than $12 to buy the poles alone :thumbsup: