Cheap Agilty Equipment

Its a US website. It probably can be made for cheaper over there.

AHHHH now that makes more sence :cry: .. I was AMAZED at the $12 price ,as i KNOW from my own experience that no way can you buy the parts for under $30 if not more :grouphug:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep I did buy a tunnel today along with a couple of other agility people. Will let you know how it goes.

Have you got your tunnel yet? I have ordered one, too impatient to wait and see if they are ok. Time will tell.............

RS, the agility cut off for 500 is 545 at the withers, if she's over that she has to jump 600 :D

I'm going to publicly embarrass myself (hey what's new?) and say that I always hear people mention measuring at the withers, but frig knows where the withers are :mad And I call myself a dog person, shame on me!! :thumbsup: ;)

Hi RS - I don't think anyone has answered this yet. Basically, the withers are the shoulder blades that you can feel on the dog's back at the base of the neck.

Here's a link.

We have a lab bitch jumping down here at 500, and a friend's lab boys jump at 500 in NSW, so unless she's very tall, Ruby should be a 500 dog.

And a big :thumbsup: for ness's portable jumps - I bought 1.2m lengths of dowel from Bunnings, rather than broom handles - but that was only because of availability. A friend with the right gear cut the 1.2m lengths in half, drilled the holes for me, and cut the ends off the nails - I did the rest. I did buy clip on jump cups from CR - I'd done the cutting the PVC T things before - the postage was worth the saving in effort :thanks: . They're working fine for me, and I can slide them up and down when I want to change heights - plus there were a few extra. I'm using 1m lengths of 25 mm PVC pipe for bars, and they seem to sit in the CR jump cups OK. So, thanks ness.

Thanks Tassie, Kavic answered but the link is helpful! I tried measuring her the other day and got mixed results, so who knows until I get it officially done. I'm hoping she's a 300 dog ;) After her attempt at jumping 350 the other night in obedience, the result was woeful :thanks:

I know this is an agility equipment thread, but I made a solid jump on Saturday :thumbsup: Proud of myself for achieving something :thumbsup: Though not sure at this stage if the boards will stay up if I use more than one, they're a little flimsy being plywood. I'm going to need to get some capping so it isn't too sharp if the girls land on it :mad

I know the stuff you need to use on the solid jump but I just can't remember what it's called! It's rectangle tubing with one side open and it would slot over the plywood.

Well I set up some pretty cheap and nasty jumps at the park last night, two electric fence posts and some caution tape I found lying around in the garage :thumbsup: Worked okay though!

I know the stuff you need to use on the solid jump but I just can't remember what it's called! It's rectangle tubing with one side open and it would slot over the plywood.

Well I set up some pretty cheap and nasty jumps at the park last night, two electric fence posts and some caution tape I found lying around in the garage :rofl: Worked okay though!

Photos, please! Because I still haven't worked out if I want to use the electric fence posts for regular jumps or pvc with jump cups. How did you hold a bar up on the posts?

Edit: ohhh you used the caution tape AS the "bar"?

Do you know where I could get the rectangle tubing from? And if you remember the name, that would be great :o:)

Edited by RubyStar

All going well my brother is going to weld me up weave bases this weekend, and probably some for Rubystar too! I'll help. (Which means he'll do it all and I'll give instructions :thumbsup: )