7.30 Report Abc To Do Expose On Dd Puppy Farms

lappiemum

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very gross bump Samoyedman! :)

I just had the opportunity to explain about puppy farms to a customer who came in looking for a puppy. She'll be watching tonight too .

I wish I'd thought about it earlier... I could have put a sign up about it in the window

What a load of crap. Screw the guy glorifying puppy farms.

er.... Matt Hams???? ...... wasn't that guy the same bloke who owns the puppy farm that was in trouble before and has now renamed it Banksiapark in an effort to overcome bad publicity? If so, I was a bit shocked to see them interviewing him and the comments he made were hypocritical to say the least.

Sorry guys I don't think the report was done very well.

OMG, when the shots of the poor puppies came up, my 1yo lab Archie went up to the tv cabinet (about a foot higher than him), jumped up, and started crying at the screen.

(Archie and) I thought it was just great to get more mainstream coverage of this.

And there goes any ounce of possible respect I may have had for Steve Austin. Will not be giving any recommendations for his kennels.

Wish they had of had a registered breeder on talking about the good they do, with health testing etc, to explain how the good ones do it right.

Is anyone else surprised by Steve Austin's statement for selling pups in pet stores? I didn't realise he was on the oodle side of the fence.

If he didn't he wouldn't have any Sydney north shore 'designer dog daaaarling' owners wanting to give their oodles of cash to him to train their screwed up dogs that they bought in pet shops!! :)

Is anyone else surprised by Steve Austin's statement for selling pups in pet stores? I didn't realise he was on the oodle side of the fence.

Quite well done though I thought

Yes I was extremely and unpleasantly surprised, so will be seeking out new boarding kennels if I have the need to put any of my dogs in kennels again as I certainly will not be giving my business to a guy that is the President of the Pet Industry Association of Australia and supporting the selling of pups in pet stores :) I have boarded My dogs at Steve's Pet Resorts Australia kennels in Dural a few times when I have had to go away, but never again after this revealing fact tonight. :rofl: and hope others boycott and don't recommend his boarding kennels :(

I don't think the report was hard hitting enough and that f***wit from Banksia Park puppy farm GRRRRRRR :D :mad

Edited by labsrule

Well, my boss watched it and he knows my views on it all and does share it, but he just text me to say that he found it really sad and was really upset by the conditions the dogs were kept in. So hopefully, it will be quite shocking for general viewers who had no idea about puppy farms etc...

So hopefully, it will be quite shocking for general viewers who had no idea about puppy farms etc...

That was my thoughts as well Stormie - for us DOLers, it probably seemed like they could have gone harder at it. For Joe Public - would too much more have just pushed them into the "I can't handle the thought of it" category? It also felt a bit like the RSPCA were testing the waters a little - they only recently released that report on puppy farms.

I will say it was more balanced than what was in the PDE doco - at least the other side got to tell their story

I wont be going near any business Steve Austin associates with in future. I reckon Perdy might have it right there :)

Edited by PuddleDuck

Okay, everyone who has done business with Steve Austin before, I hope you aren't just telling us here on DOL that you won't use him again.

WRITE AND TELL HIM.

What a moron. If anyone should know that food and water are not enough for a dog, he should. When he came on, I sat there expecting a slamming of the industry. To say I'm shocked and disgusted is a total understatement.

Those slimy creeps at Banksia P P, bet they are rubbing their greedy hands together in glee waiting for the orders to roll in... but what they don't realise is that they have just exposed their own greed and revolting practices on national television. Hooray for the dense idiots.

PS..... You can send them a comment through their website too!!!! very handy

For the general public seeing some puppy farm dogs will probably make them think twice about their cute puppy from the pet shop and more reports like this need to be shown before Christmas. I think it was good to get Meg Dobson to speak about her experience but unfortunately she had 10 years of gain from the puppy farm before she realised how bad the farms are. As for Steve for years I have avoided organisations he has been involved in perhaps it was intuition I don't know.

I wonder if Banksia Farm was where the very large "Oodle" I met on Sunday came from. He was purchased over the internet, sent up from Victoria. The family had good intentions, I'm sure but with two little toddlers, a giant, untrained Oodle (think Standard Poodle size) with only a deck to run around on and no walks, was a disaster.

He was now handed over to the parents. He's so big that they don't allow him inside but he is at least walked every day.

Poor, poor dog. He has a very sweet nature, I daresay he's lonely living outside. They are not sure if they want him in the long term, they had retirement plans.

And so the Australian statistics emerge - 3 homes before aged 7 and that's when the average life of the Aussie dog stops, dead.