Getting Fur Out Of Carpet

luffy4688

As above. I know the obvious answer would probably be to have tiled floors and no carpet. But I was wondering for those of you with carpets out there, how do you get rid of loose fur out of the carpet as the normal vacuums don't seem to be pretty effective.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wertheim with a power head - more effective that my sisters dyson :doh:

I have a Wertheim but no power head.... is that a head with rollers? The last cleaner I had with a head like that, the hair just got all twisted up around the rollers :eek:

Anyway for carpets, you can buy a special broom which does a marvellous job of picking up all the hair before you vacuum. There was a thread about it .... and everyone went out and got themselves one ...... all of a sudden they were in short supply :bolt:

I can't recall what they are called though.

A wertheim with a power head - more effective that my sisters dyson :doh:

I have a Wertheim but no power head.... is that a head with rollers? The last cleaner I had with a head like that, the hair just got all twisted up around the rollers :eek:

Anyway for carpets, you can buy a special broom which does a marvellous job of picking up all the hair before you vacuum. There was a thread about it .... and everyone went out and got themselves one ...... all of a sudden they were in short supply :bolt:

I can't recall what they are called though.

Hopefully some1 will come along telling us what it is.

Hopefully some1 will come along telling us what it is.

I think this thread was all about the broom.

Yes that's it. I've got one and it works great ie when I remember to use it :bolt:

Another costless option if you are feeling energetic that works for me is put on some rubber soles shoes or slippers, I use ugg slippers/boots and slide your foot along the carpet. You'd be surprised how much comes together in a ball of hair.

Also, I recently bought a bottom of the range Bissell carpet cleaner on eBay for just over $200. I was sooo amazed at how much cat hair it picked up and how clean it got the carpet. Works a treat. My cleaning lady couldn't believe how well it worked and is getting one for herself.

A wertheim with a power head - more effective that my sisters dyson :cry:

Yes I bought a Dyson, because i wanted to get rid of bags..........But when we have newf shedding time it is back to the old purple monster Wertheim :bolt::eek::doh:

I use my electrostatic broom to get the hair to one spot and then I use the electrostatic pan and small brush to sweep the hair into into the pan. I have seen the Bissell carpet and floor cleaners and I am quite keen to get one and give it a go!

Edited by Masons_mom