A Surprise In My Brother's Border Collie Litter! - Updated

Ashanali

okay, so it just means they have lots of white. Got it. :thumbsup:

Yep, but the breed standards specify that white must not predominate. So anything with less than 50% white is technically correct. There are no specified markings for Border Collies in any standard.

This puppy looks like a pale red to me as well. ee red can vary from palest cream to deep chestnut.

The puppies really need to be registered and the DNA results of the parents confirmed before they are sold. To not do so is just opening yourself up to legal problems if there are any health issues crop up in future. No BC puppy should ever be sold without proof that it is not genetically affected by CL, TNS and CEA. Now that these DNA tests are available buyers are entitled to sue you if you don't make sure that at least one parent is genetically normal for each condition. CL and TNS are 100% fatal so for these two conditions proof is vital. Registration is the legal declaration that these puppies are from these parents.

I don't know the ins and outs of why the litter can't be registered. Will need to talk to my brother about this more.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another example -

flax-puppy.jpg

Older but same dog

sleepng-collie-dog.jpg

Website

:o:) Beautiful!

honeybc.png

:mad That is very descriptive :D I like people who help out like that!!

Wow..... Extremely helpful information. I can see exactly what you mean by these descriptions. Wonderful information:thumbsup:

Where I use to go to dog school there was a girl who said her dog was a pure border and it was all white, I think it looks mareema ish personally. These are the only pics I have of it.

PC160024.jpg

PC160026.jpg

This is also a very pale cream and is technically a red. Look at the colour on the ears.

• 1 month later...

Sooo cute!!! In my head I was saying "Ooh I want the mostly black one, no the tri, no the one with the big-ish blaze! ahh I want them all!!" :hug:

I've heard americans call our red so many things; gold, wheaten, yellow, ee red, australian red...

I've heard americans call our red so many things; gold, wheaten, yellow, ee red, australian red...

My vet kept calling Maddy a wheaten when she was a pup. Said she wouldn't be a red and would stay quite light!

The breeder wasn't concerned and laughed at the word wheaten.

post-9068-1273872429_thumb.jpg