Family Dog Attacked Twice In Two Days

Red Fox

Not sure if this has been posted already, I dont often venture into the news forum...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/105149...ice-in-two-days

A beloved family pet has had its throat cut and a rubber band stretched onto its wound in a series of cruel attacks in rural Queensland.

Jack, a 14-month-old silky terrier, suffered a slit to the neck in the first incident at his Oakey home, west of Toowoomba, on Sunday.

"My daughter Courtney ran straight outside to see the dog and picked him up and put him on her lap," owner Antoinette Eather said.

"But then she just screamed — she was in shock.

"There was a clean cut from ear to ear right across his neck — it could only have been done with a very sharp knife."

But after taking the dog to the vet for treatment, Ms Eather was even more stunned the following day to find Jack had been abused again.

This time, the perpetrator had placed a large rubber band around the dog's wounded neck.

"I put my son down for a sleep and went outside to find an elastic band had been wrapped twice around his neck," she said.

"Obviously someone has thought 'Well I haven't done the job properly, I'll go back again and finish [the dog off]'."

The incidents have been linked to another act of animal cruelty that occurred just streets away.

A Staffordshire terrier-cross suffered muscle damage to its leg after being strung up on a fence at the nearby St Monica's Catholic School.

Police removed the tangled dog from the 1.5m fence about 6.30pm Sunday night after a concerned call from the public.

"It's a beautiful neighbourhood, I know all the neighbours and Jack is not a barking dog," Ms Eather said.

"I can't understand what the person's motivation would be."

Police investigations are continuing.

I just want to ask how..?? I't sounds like they were home at the time of the attacks... what was the dog doing back in the yard after someone had slit its throat only the day before :)

That's exactly what I was thinking why would you leave your dog outside after that?, I hope they catch the b......s...t...d...s that did it and do the same to them it made me sick and so so sad when I read it on my home page, got a friend up that way am gonna send her an email and tell her to watch out for her dogs. :)

Why would you have the poor little mite outside in the first place, let alone when someone had managed to do that to it on your own property - you just wouldn't do it if you had any common sense, compassion or sense of your dog's value.

I hope they catch the oxygen thief but I also hope that the family starts trying much harder to protect their little one.

Why would you have the poor little mite outside in the first place, let alone when someone had managed to do that to it on your own property - you just wouldn't do it if you had any common sense, compassion or sense of your dog's value.

I hope they catch the oxygen thief but I also hope that the family starts trying much harder to protect their little one.

I have to admit this was the first thing I thought when I read the article

WTF were you thinking putting a 14 year old dog outside, who had its throat slit the day before? I mean seriously? My reaction I suspect would have been to go into hyperdrive!

How about just blaming the low lifes that attacked the dog.

If Jack wasn't accustomed to being inside, then placing him inside would be stressful. Perhaps Jack preferred being outside. Perhaps he had the run of house and garden so he could go outside to pee - and he just liked being out there.

Who knows.

How about just blaming the low lifes that attacked the dog.

If Jack wasn't accustomed to being inside, then placing him inside would be stressful. Perhaps Jack preferred being outside. Perhaps he had the run of house and garden so he could go outside to pee - and he just liked being out there.

Who knows.

I would rather Jack be a little distressed than be outside without anyone watching him after he had been attacked so severely the day before. Let alone the risk of infection to the wound site......

This is just disgusting, how could anyone do that to those beautiful dogs. Poor Jack and his slit throat then rubber band and the poor staffy who dangled by its leg from a fence. wat is wrong with people in the world?

This makes me so angry, :thumbsup: i hope they catch the a**h**** who did this and lock them up. if they only get a fine that's not enough, and wont stop them from doing this again. if a human did that to another human they wuld go to jail, i dnt see why it cant be that way for animals. Animals dnt get enough justice wen it comes to abuse and murder.

Very disturbing, and if it was me I would be scared of my own saftey. It sounds like the family is being targetted by some weirdo.

I just cant understand these cases of cruelty, animal or human.

I just hope that neighbourhood is vigilant in looking out for the culprit and keeping a closer eye on their pets (and children). There is a sicko out there who may have the audacity to try it again, depriving them of another opportunity is key.

Edited by Ms Genki

This is just disgusting, how could anyone do that to those beautiful dogs. Poor Jack and his slit throat then rubber band and the poor staffy who dangled by its leg from a fence. wat is wrong with people in the world?

Dogs can string themselves up in fences without human intervention. I've seen it happen.

People need to to contain their dogs for their safety and that of others. Geeze when will that message sink in????? :heart:

Poor puppy. :) How terrifying for the family!

I am a little confused as to why people are throwing their hands up at him being outside. There is nothing that says he was being kept outside - he may well have just been outside to go to the toilet while the mum was putting the kid down for a nap, or they may have a doggy door so he can let himself out for the same reason. Given how soon she found him it does not sound like he was going unsupervised.

I have to admit this was the first thing I thought when I read the article

WTF were you thinking putting a 14 year old dog outside, who had its throat slit the day before? I mean seriously? My reaction I suspect would have been to go into hyperdrive!

14 month old :D

Either way, I agree...I wouldn't have let him out of my site.

Truly disgusting, I don't understand it. Hope he recovers well.

People like that should be :

Made to wear a "dangerous human" collar;

Muzzled when out in public;

Made to live in a concreted floor, fully enclosed run;

Only be allowed out for walks on a 1 metre lead;

Confined to the back yard;

Not allowed to speak excessively;

Microchipped and registered;

Neutered; and ......

I won't go into "Breed Specific Legislation" and talk about being listed as a "dangerous breed" because that would be racist.

I am a little confused as to why people are throwing their hands up at him being outside. There is nothing that says he was being kept outside - he may well have just been outside to go to the toilet while the mum was putting the kid down for a nap, or they may have a doggy door so he can let himself out for the same reason. Given how soon she found him it does not sound like he was going unsupervised.

I agree, that was my thought too.

There is another article which says the family doesn't know whether the dog was attacked in their yard or elsewhere :laugh:

Poor little dog. I hope he's not still out in the yard. ;)

I can't believe they would allow him outside on his own when he'd been so badly injured a day earlier. Surely he should have been inside being cared for properly at least until he recovered. Not left outside unsupervised only to suffer another injury.

The family doesn't know whether he was attacked in their yard or elsewhere :rofl: How could he have been injured elsewhere if he was safely confined at home?

I'm not confused. The puppy was outside when he was injured on both occasions. Surely after the first injury it would indicate the pup wasn't safe outside alone. That the family doesn't know the pup's whereabouts when he was injured doesn't ring any alarm bells?

This sounds as though this puppy is not confined to the owners property? Roaming dogs often get hurt. They get hit by cars, they get lost and they're at the mercy of sadistic dog hating lunatics.

Capital punishment would be ideal for such a scumbag. First thought that comes to mind in hanging.

Harsh I know, but we don't need these type of scumbags in our society.

edit for spelling

Edited by ILK

People like that should be :

Made to wear a "dangerous human" collar;

Muzzled when out in public;

Made to live in a concreted floor, fully enclosed run;

Only be allowed out for walks on a 1 metre lead;

Confined to the back yard;

Not allowed to speak excessively;

Microchipped and registered;

Neutered; and ......

I won't go into "Breed Specific Legislation" and talk about being listed as a "dangerous breed" because that would be racist.

:laugh: i completely agree. these stupid rules r in place for dogs, why not people too? the ones that do the wrong thing anyway?