Prayers Needed

Pockets

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such an awful thing to happen...

i know tyson will cope and i'm very happy to hear that he's on his way home to the comforts he's known with this loving family :thumbsup:

i can't recall who posted it, but strengthening the main fence and then putting in a secondary barrier sounds like a good idea AND the positive mental effect that has on the family will only go to helping tyson in his recovery...

i don't know what to think about the dogs responsible for this carnage but as for their owners, i have a helluva lot to say ... just not here...

dogmad, that story you recounted sent me cold...

What can they do to stop these dogs getting through again? Can they afford colourbond and put something underneath to prevent digging?

It is very sad and I am glad that Tyson has survived this incident. I am a little disappointed in his owners though, a faulty fence and two DA dogs next door equate an accident waiting to happen.

What can they do to stop these dogs getting through again? Can they afford colourbond and put something underneath to prevent digging?

It is very sad and I am glad that Tyson has survived this incident. I am a little disappointed in his owners though, a faulty fence and two DA dogs next door equate an accident waiting to happen.

So, you blame the owners of the attacked dog not the owners of the dogs who did the attacking.

What are you on about, there was nothing wrong

with the fence?? To say your disappointed

in the owners is a bit cold hearted :laugh:

Sorry Pockets, I wasn't aiming to hurt anyone. I was under the impression that the dogs went through the fence which is what you said on your very 1st post and then on another post you said that they broke through the pailings. I would have thought that if the fence was sturdy the dogs would not have been able to break through, that is all. My parents had an ASBT living next door who could not stand other dogs; he would bark constantly at my parent's two dogs, one being a purebred fox terrier and the other being a foxie. You could tell from his bark that he meant business. If he would have been able to break through the fence he would have gladly done so and there would have been two dead dogs and that would have really been incredibly heartbreaking for my parents. In fact this very dog somehow got out and bit a couple of students that were waiting for the school bus. I believe that the owner in this case was made to pay a substantial fine. He did get to keep his dog.

I guess my honesty is something that is often misunderstood; I really don't set out to offend or upset people but I am not hypocritical and especially when it comes to animal welfare I feel an incessant need to be as honest as I possibly can.

I am just so pleased that Tyson is doing well. I did also say, at an earlier post, that I commend his owners for giving him all the care necessary. Unfortunately they procrastinated in doing something about the fence and this is the end result; it could have been much worse and it so pains me to hear that another dog has been hurt and could have ended up being killed.

Edited by GardenofEden

Very sad that Tyson has to lose his leg as a result of this. So tragic but nevertheless he is loved and that is what is most important. All the best to Tyson's owners for sticking by him. I know of a few callous people that would not give a damn. Hope Tyson recovers very soon and is back to his sprightly self. Hugs to Tyson.

This is the post in which I commend Tyson's owners. Just a little confused as to why the problem with the fence was not rectified asap.

So, you blame the owners of the attacked dog not the owners of the dogs who did the attacking.

The owners of the attacking dogs are most certainly to blame! They should have ensured that their dogs were unable to break through the fence and attack the dog next door; this should have entailed them approaching the neighbours and discussed ways of repairing or replacing the existing fence. I have always maintained that for as long as there is planet earth there will always be IRRESPONSIBLE and UNCOUTH PEOPLE. That will never change unfortunately. Some people can be educated but you cannot educate mugs :laugh: . I stopped dreaming of a perfect world a long time ago much to my dismay.

The fact though still remains is that the offending dogs were in their own property, not the same as dogs roaming loose. These DA dogs managed to break through the fence, and as I have stated before, a sturdy fence would not have made that possible, that is all.

Edited by GardenofEden