Washing The Dogs

leopuppy04

I've made an indoor hydrobath for the BCs (the Bullmastiff doesn't fit, so he gets a cold hose in the yard :thumbsup: ).

Bought enough stick on mats to cover the base (to prevent scratches and stop pooch slipping) and changed the bath tap to one of these hand showers -> 1708040.jpg

A bit more permanent solution and I can change the way the water comes out.

ML - did you have to get someone to install that for you?

Jules and Erny - definitely want hot water taps outside, although that's something 'down the road' to do... like when I buy the hydro :thumbsup:.

Just not enough $$ at the moment :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We use one of those rubber ones in the bath too, the trick is too heat up the bit that goes on the tap in hot water first then it's easy. You can also use one of those hose clamps to clap them in place too.

Us too :thumbsup:

I bought mine from the supermarket for about $5, looks similar to this:

I use one of these too, wash the dogs in the bath (they are small and not very dirty or hairy so don't really make a mess :thumbsup: )

So easy with the hand held shower attachment.

In the spare bathroom, aka Bronte's bathroom, with one of those plastic hose attachments SecretKei had a picture of.

Wash my dogs outside - never! She'd pack her bags and walk.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer: Same here. I wash my small one in the bathroom just before I take a shower myself. :thumbsup: It has always been this way. I wash him once every 2-3 weeks because I don't want 1/2 of the garden on my bed covers.

I generally wash mine in the bath with a shower attachment. I know a friend with GSDs washes hers in the shower! :thumbsup:

I did use the local DIY hydro bath the other night because Peggie was smelling horrible and I discovered a few gag worthy dags. :thumbsup:

Mine's a bit different to that one but I did it myself. Turned the water mains off, unscrewed the spout that was there (using cloth over pliers on the end bit to be able to turn it). Then screwed the show head on and turned mains back on. Simple as.

Oh! I found a picture of my exact model.

Bermuda%20Hand.JPG

The base triangley bit has a thread inside it that matches up with where the spout came off.

Edited by molasseslass

I wash my 2 in the spa bath in the bathroom. Ive just screwed off the aerator/filter on the end of the tap (most modern taps have them) and used an adapter from Bunnings to fit on an outdoors type snap fitting. I use a nozzle that I bought from BigW ages ago that is a ring of jets that focus in to a point about 10 cm in front of the ring. This really gets in under the coat to rinse out any residual shampoo/ dirt. Think they were called a vortex washer or something.

Mine's a bit different to that one but I did it myself. Turned the water mains off, unscrewed the spout that was there (using cloth over pliers on the end bit to be able to turn it). Then screwed the show head on and turned mains back on. Simple as.

Oh! I found a picture of my exact model.

Bermuda%20Hand.JPG

The base triangley bit has a thread inside it that matches up with where the spout came off.

I think we have the same ones! We have one for the shower, and one for the bath. Mostly I bath Annie in the bath, especially if I need to clean it, and other times we use the shower. They're easy to install and not too pricey.

We use one of those rubber ones in the bath too, the trick is too heat up the bit that goes on the tap in hot water first then it's easy. You can also use one of those hose clamps to clap them in place too.

Us too :)

A, this is the thing I was trying to describe to you!!! Works like a dream!

Us too :)

Same :o

I used to wash my GSD in the shower recess :o

As I now have a cracked shower screen :) it is no longer an option as she is so big I worry she will bump the glass.

I now wash her outside. I have a rubber hose attachment that fits onto the bathroom tap. It is clamped on to make it secure and water tight. I then run the hose through the window to the backyard. I bought the attachment and clamp form Home Hardware for around $5. I'm sure Bunnings would have something similar.

Erny - if you dont mind my asking, how much did it cost you to put in the tap outside. Our hot water heater is less than a metre from our hot water heater and we were quoted :o $900 :) to put hot water down to the tap - and that is with the pipes outside the wall. We dont really use a plumber that often but seemed like a rip to me.

I'm thinking I might permanently change the fitting in our bathtub, its too small for us and we dont have kids so the dogs may as well make the most of it....oh and the lizard when he feels like doing some laps :)

lol.

Ummm does anyone else just wash their dog with cold water and a hose?

:)

Um... yes I do... all three of mine get cold water from the hose and then a bucket of warm water over them after the final rinse... although I bath them less in Winter and in Summer the water from the hose is usually warmer from the sun for the initial soak!

Sophie (GSD) gets an outdoor shower - we got a fancy pants hose nozzle with 7 different spray settings - put it on shower and she loves it, just stands there while we hose all the nooks and crannies - have to do it on a nice warm day and then after a towel off she lays in the sun on the lawn and dries.

Chase (BC pup) is a PITA! He HATES getting bathed. We bought one of those $5 hose things from woolies and it's great - I have to strip down to my undies and get in the bath with him though or he has an absolute fit - :) Amazingly though he loves being blowdried with the hairdryer!

I do tend to take the dogs to a hydrobath every few weeks at the shelter i volunteer at - $5 a dog and they use a flea and tick rinse and its a really good "in between" clean for them - i wouldnt use a hydrobath if they were really grubby as it just recirculates the dirty water back over the dog.

My girls are washed in the laundry tub with one of those rubber attachment hose thingies. I then towel dry them while they stand on the washing machine which is covered with a towel, before they are blow dried. :)