Open Obedience- Cop Or Broad Jump.

I'm currently training Jess the CDX exercises and I wondered if its more common for people to choose change of position over broad jump or vice versa. Did you train both or just the one that you'd do in trials?

I haven't decided on what I'll do yet, so I'm training both.

How about you?

:thumbsup:

I'm doing broad jump with Pele because I'm trying to keep Open fun for her. She loves the broad jump. It's highly unlikely we'll ever do Utility, but hey, I said the same about Open :thumbsup: I do practise COP a little bit, but Pele is still creeping forward on the sit from the down. In novice we failed COP in a few trials when she anticipated and dropped before the command :o

:p See I knew I would get that response in general, which is why it makes it an appealing one to teach for Labs :cheer: I probably won't, though :party:

Good luck with that RubyStar!!!! :D :):(
The optional exercises in UD is another story though, that is where I might train for a couple.

I think I need to train my Labs in food refusal :)

I'm currently training Jess the CDX exercises and I wondered if its more common for people to choose change of position over broad jump or vice versa.

I've noticed when stewarding that a good 75% around here are choosing the change of postion.

I enjoy having one less jump to set, lol.

I taught Lincoln RS :laugh: it's so adorable I can have him sitting with a ring of treats around him and he is trying so hard not to even look at them because he knows I have the food that he gets but they are so tempting! :rofl:

:laugh: Cute. Yes I can do that to my girls too but in the UD food refusal I am pretty sure the judge takes the food up on a platter and waves it under their nose. And they have to maintain the 3 positions each time (stand, sit, down). Someone of course correct me if I'm wrong, cos I've never really read up on it!