What Does Your Dog Do That Makes You Laugh?

Where do I start!

Jet is just a funny boy altogether.

When he sleeps he will lay on his back with his four legs up in the air, sometimes he will have his tongue hanging out of his mouth. :)

The look he gives me when I pull out his winter jacket, he has a ;) look on his face and runs away, so I chase him around the house until I catch him :)

He has to follow me EVERYWHERE. I go to the toilet or shower he is in there with me :)

I laugh at him when I have him outside at night for his last toilet break, he will come and stand with his face at the window whinging when I am in that room and use his paw to knock on the window.

Thats all I can think of at the moment but no doubt there are more!

When I take Hugo for his last toilet break at night he always gets to end of the porch and stops and turns around as if to say "you are coming out with me into the dark aren't you?" and as soon as I laugh and say yes I'm coming he trots off to the garden, but will only go so far as to get himself actually weeing on the grass and not the pavers....he doesn't like getting his feet wet in grass!

And yes he used to come to the bathroom with me too....but now he's older and I can trust him I shut the door, but he's always right up against the other side of the door so that when I open it he falls over into the bathroom!

Edited by fiveplusone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching Boo(almost 3yo Cavalier) and Atticus (Great Dane puppy) play has me in hysterics, usually Boo instigates a game of chase and he tears around the back yard at full pelt with Atti plodding after him. Boo will swerve back in front of him, teasing him and them drop to the ground out of reach, then Atti does his "I am stalking you" thing and moves ever closer and as soon as he's close enough to pounce Boo takes off again :) Once they get tired they have a bit of a play and Atticus will roll to the ground like he's been knocked over by some great big dog and not a weeny cavalier :)

I love when Atticus is on his bed with some tiny piece of contraband - usually turns out to be a tiny scrap of paper on closer inspection but you can't tell there is anything there from a distance. He gives it this very focused look, ears alert, before giving a leap and diving on it repeatedly with both front paws together. He'll stop to make sure it is still there and then do it again- he looks like he's trying to squash a bug that refuses to be squashed :)

saffron has a few quirks, like licking the back door she does it constantly its her way of saying i want in and if doesnt work she backs her bum up so her tail hits the door like a knock and spins around to see if i heard.

anohter one when it comes to food time she gets so excited that she pounces but just behind my back where she must think i cant see her then when i turn around she sits but cant control her butt wiggle.

The sheer persistence that Honey shows when wanting a pat. Nudge elbow, wait, nudge, wait, nudge.... NUDGE. :)

I dont give in to her then and there (that would be baaaad training), but she is so easily pleased by the tiniest of pats I cannot deny her for too long. Gawd Im a sucker... :)

I love dogs that do this! It is adorable! You'd never get any work done though :)

The sheer persistence that Honey shows when wanting a pat. Nudge elbow, wait, nudge, wait, nudge.... NUDGE. :)

I dont give in to her then and there (that would be baaaad training), but she is so easily pleased by the tiniest of pats I cannot deny her for too long. Gawd Im a sucker... :)

I love dogs that do this! It is adorable! You'd never get any work done though :)

Yep, I have one of those too.

I also love it when Hugo goes around the side of my bed during the day and there is a patch of sunlight on it and he just stands there with his head on this warm patch of sunlight and stays there for ages ;)

He also squashes ants with his nose....it that a dog thing or a Hugo thing???? :heart: He's not trying to eat them, he just sort of bops them with his nose ;)

Edited by fiveplusone

Clover used to wiggle her whole body (she didn't have a tail) when she was excited.

Just last night Mindy slithered off the mattress we have downstairs in a very slug-like way, with her back legs extended behind her. She actually looked like a large black slug. She then proceeded to attempt to crawl across the floor in this fashion- but soon found out it was a very ineffective method!

Mindy is my new lab puppy- she will be a guide dog (hopefully) when she grows up. We just got her yesterday.

post-31284-1275535568_thumb.jpg

Clover RIP

post-31284-1275535684_thumb.jpg

Also it makes me laugh when she gets the puppy bounces- she is normally such a "lady" that its lovely to see her go silly.

Mind you, the laughter subsides pretty quick when she tries to then jump in my lap. Ooooph!

Diesel does, Nudge, nudge, nudge, poke in the ribs, PHWACK with the paw.. then if that fails jump in the lap ;) He's 28kg!!

Bundy pup is slowly learning this trick too but he prefers to sit between my legs on the floor and put his nose between my knees. He will stay there for hours, I tested him :) I love his body wiggles they make me laugh, particularly when he gets tangled and falls over ;)

Whippet zoomies on the lounge . I know I should tell them off but I can't when I;m PMSL and they have ears pinned and tails tucked, doing laps of the L shaped lounge :)

:)

What do they do when they get to the end, do they turn and go back the way they came or do the jump onto the floor and up onto the beginning the lounge again???

They do a U-turn at each end , knock all the pillows off and bark at each other.

Diesel does, Nudge, nudge, nudge, poke in the ribs, PHWACK with the paw.. then if that fails jump in the lap :eek: He's 28kg!!

:( I get the paw heavily pressed onto my leg. You take it off and up it comes again, often followed by the leg, shoulder and rest of her. Easier to just pat her. :o:)

Another thing that makes me laugh is when I get down on the ground for a cuddle (which I love doing at the park), she will lie her whole body on me and wont let me get up. Its not very dignified laughing and falling all over the place tryingto get up. ;)

Reading these, she sounds like a passive aggressive PITA, but that's as bad as it gets so I dont mind the odd full contact cuddle and absent minded patting. In fact I love it. :D

Edited by ✽deelee

One of my dogs is the silly/inquisitive type and EVERYTHING has to go in her mouth - I love the looks she makes when something ends up in there that she doesn't like! "Oh, it's *pthut* lettuce!"

She once had two live mice in her mouth - tails and legs hanging out. She had no idea what else to do with them. Her startled eyes told me they were being quite active in there!

Lol Puppy Sniffer, Luuka does that too, but with bugs. She loves chasing them around, and when she gets them she snap them up then gets this look on her face like "WHOOOOAAAAAA what is THAT!" sometimes she swallows them, sometimes she spits them out :)

I also love seeing her running after a toy then getting to the end of the chase and plonking her bum and sliding along the polished wood :(

Oh and when playing fetch with bigger/faster dogs, she runs after the ball/toy then when the other dog gets it first she catches up and barks 'ferociously' at them until they drop it in fright and run away. Then she picks it up and brings it back to me all smug-like ;) She is a crack up!

When I give Archer a pigs ear, he doesn't just settle down and eat it, he has to do several "victory laps" of the house first, holding his head up high with the pigs ear in his mouth as he runs, it's hilarious. :(

Sometimes if I am watching TV and Leia decides she wants attention, she comes and stands on my lap staring directly at my face so that I can't watch TV, I know it's not great manners but it always just makes me laugh. :)

When Archer gets off a lounge chair he doesn't just jump off, he always has to slide his front half off first, then stretch his back out while his back legs are still on top of the chair, then slowly slide forward until his back legs fall onto the floor. :eek:

When I come outside to find that Leia has buried herself underneath the lounge cover and just has her little head poking out. ;)

Diesel does, Nudge, nudge, nudge, poke in the ribs, PHWACK with the paw.. then if that fails jump in the lap :( He's 28kg!!

Haha, Kivi's a bit like that. You get nudge.... nudge... paw on leg *thwack* and then you get this heavy paw on the highest bit of you he can reach and it sliiiiides all the way to the ground, raking your skin all the way down. You look at him and he's like "Scratch Kivi's chest please." We joke that one day one of us will come home to find the other one raked to death in one fell swoop by Kivi trying to get them to scratch his chest.

Kivi does that exaggerated pounce, too. :)

Ker-pouncing.jpg

She once had two live mice in her mouth - tails and legs hanging out. She had no idea what else to do with them. Her startled eyes told me they were being quite active in there!

:( That is hilarious! Reminds me of the time my mum's dog Jill found a frog. The other dog, Pyry, is a keen hunter and boy did he want this frog. Jill just wanted to play, so she runs around the yard at high speed with this frog in her mouth, the legs dangling out of each side looking like a moist, fleshy moustache. She would run, then come to a screeching halt, frog legs flapping and swinging around her muzzle, waiting for Pyry to catch up and try to rush her. He wanted that frog SO bad, but Jill just kept teasing him with it and had him after her for what must have been the better part of an hour.

When Kivi get excited he has this burning need to have something in his mouth that he can walk (not run) around with. It's a crack up that even when he's extremely excited he still only walks. He will pick up the smallest, most ridiculous scrap of paper to hold if he can't find anything better.

Katy our Newfie Puppy goes for many swims in our dam with the wild ducks....One duck has this game, where she swims towards it and it goes under-water and comes up behind her. She looks puzzled and just swims around in circles. The duck can easily fly away, but it just does this with her. I love watching it, it is so funny.

Zoomies by two newfs chasing a Border cross Golden is also huge entertainment. Our little Tesa is so fast and the newfs have no hope :(

Also newfies dive bombing Tessa in the dam....They are really good at it. Running from the bank and bombing her in the water.

It just makes me smile to see our dogs just play and have a lot of fun :)

Where do I start!

Jet is just a funny boy altogether.

When he sleeps he will lay on his back with his four legs up in the air, sometimes he will have his tongue hanging out of his mouth. :rofl:

I have one of those! Kuma is on his back, legs akimbo and tongue out. He is often snoring at this time! :(

My favourite thing is helicopter tail. His fluffy little tail spinning around madly when he's happy!

This cracked me up - our garden bed is like a retaining wall around the edge of the grass. We've planted herbs and some vegies and Timmy (aka Lord Muck) luuuuurves it ...

IMG00020-20091017-1422.jpg