Do You Walk Your Dog No Matter What The Weather ?

Nope. We are pretty fussy when it comes to walking conditions.

We don't walk them in the rain as if they get soaked through, take ages to dry. They are also very prone to hot spots when they get wet so we don't risk it.

They also miss out if it's too hot and humid.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not on the 2 days a year that it 'tries' to rain in Mannum... all the other days i just open the gate and whistle, then wander about looking at the sky and the view while the dogs tear about :rofl:

I walk them regardless. I don't walk in a thunderstorm or when there is severe wind and rain due to the risks. I'll wait for a clearing and take them out (even if it is just a 15 min walk).

That's me too! I did find having two dogs gave you less of an option - life is easier if you walk at least once a day so they don't play up at home - but with one dog you can kinda get away with it occasionally :)

Pretty much unless its absolutely bucketing down. I have Shar Pei and its well known they can dissolve if exposed to water :mad Not to mention the fact they also refuse to set foot outside!

Do you ever go to Riverside Gardens peigirl? I love your siggie and was just thinking I haven't had pei cuddles for such a long time!! :(:)

They also miss out if it's too hot and humid.

That's when I head to the beach or the river. The weather doesn't stop me much.

twice a day, everyday, thats what wellie's and brolley's are for :p

and no one else is around, so its even better :)

:rofl:

We go every morning rain or not.I put on a raincoat and wellies and away we go down to the off leash park.

My four girls love it and as they are Labs they love the rain and hopefully there are a few big puddles for them to jump in. :rofl:

Every morning, rain or shine. We're out and about at 5:30 am ish, which is starting to get a wee bit nippy in Canberra! If we don't walk him he gets a bit narky.

If it's raining he has to stay inside all day (we don't have much cover outside and only dirt backyard) so he gets cabin fever. Also have to take him out for piddles - heaven forbid if you forget that! :rofl:

Haha I'm just facing this now! Having lived in Brisbane the last 6 years I didn't often have to worry about it. Now over here it is more of an issue! I try to go most days, but earlier this week it was absolutely hosing down and I missed a couple. Because of work hours etc I can only walk them at a certain time, can't wait for a break in the weather.

I hate walking in the rain. I walk Honey at 6am and when that alarm goes off if I hear rain I rollover and go back to sleep. :laugh:

I do go though, just a bit later- I wait for a break in the weather and we for a ball throw instead of a big walk or jog.

Honey gets so wet and muddy and it takes ages to dry her off- which I have to or her skin gets yukky.

It feels like Sydney has been raining for a month with only the occasional clear day. I am SOOOO over it.

Nope, it is hard enough getting my boy to go out side for a pee... He would rather hang on all day than get his feet wet! He was crated last night 8.30pm and didn't go to the toilet until the rain stopped at 9am this morning... little faggot!

Deelee the dogs getting wet and muddy is what I don't like too-I'm on a pretty tight schedule walking before work as it is so two very messy dogs can be a bit of a challenge! though we have been on several wet weather walks over the last week or two :laugh:

If it's just raining one morning we skip it, but if we get up to the third day and it's still raining, we put on the raincoats and go anyway. Erik hates the rain, but his love of the dog park is so great that he can stand to get wet for the fun. The worst is Kivi's coat. He is not much aware of rain, but his coat holds the water and then our house gets wet and muddy afterwards. :laugh:

It was torrential this morning, so now the boys are having rough wrestling games inside. I love that they amuse each other, but we'll probably try to take them tomorrow morning even if it's wet.

Guest belgian.blue

Ivy doesn't like the rain and her coat takes ages to dry so, no we don't go walking in the rain BUT it doesn't really rain in Perth .. so nothing to worry about!