Tennis Balls Ruining Dogs Teeth?

Dame Aussie

Tennis balls will wear dogs teeth down, but then again, so will carrying around house-bricks so it's hard to say what caused my GSDs teeth to wear so badly...

:laugh::laugh: - could have been the house bricks, Aidan :o

:rolleyes: at the visual image :rolleyes: and cringing at the thought of the damage I could do - can't even throw a dumbbell straight :rofl:

I shall stop playing fetch with them then!

I have a ball obsessed Koolie whose teeth became quite worn in two years from tennis balls - I swapped to medium sized solid rubber balls from Kramar and her teeth are fine although she carries one around in her mouth much of the day. they only cost about $5.50 each and because they are quite heavy they are easy to throw a good distance.

It was the house brick that did my Kelpie's teeth in!!! :o
Tennis balls will wear dogs teeth down, but then again, so will carrying around house-bricks so it's hard to say what caused my GSDs teeth to wear so badly...

:):laugh: @ bedazzledx2

Ok DOlers tempt me

Can someone reccomend a ball for a household with a JRT and a Goldie (i.e small and large dogs) the JRT is a very strong chewer and doesnt like squeakies, her mission with a toy is to destroy it which is why I buy tennis balls, but if I can find a ball that she will like to chew, I dont mind paying more for it :laugh:

Unfortunately I am pretty sure that it is chewing himself bald on his flank that has worn my GSD's teeth down :o Not anything as exciting as bricks! :laugh:

Edited by Kavik

Ok DOlers tempt me

Can someone reccomend a ball for a household with a JRT and a Goldie (i.e small and large dogs) the JRT is a very strong chewer and doesnt like squeakies, her mission with a toy is to destroy it which is why I buy tennis balls, but if I can find a ball that she will like to chew, I dont mind paying more for it :confused:

I have some Chuckit (brand) rubber tennis sized balls that have stood up to years of abuse from my Labrador - and this is a dog that destroys the black Kongs! They are around $20 for a pair of them, but it still ends up much cheaper in the long run than buying balls that the dogs can destroy. The Chuckit balls are orange with a blue tennis ball looking stripe on them.

They should be perfect for both of your furkids...

T.

Ok DOlers tempt me

Can someone reccomend a ball for a household with a JRT and a Goldie (i.e small and large dogs) the JRT is a very strong chewer and doesnt like squeakies, her mission with a toy is to destroy it which is why I buy tennis balls, but if I can find a ball that she will like to chew, I dont mind paying more for it :cry:

I have some Chuckit (brand) rubber tennis sized balls that have stood up to years of abuse from my Labrador - and this is a dog that destroys the black Kongs! They are around $20 for a pair of them, but it still ends up much cheaper in the long run than buying balls that the dogs can destroy. The Chuckit balls are orange with a blue tennis ball looking stripe on them.

They should be perfect for both of your furkids...

T.

Oooh Ill have to look into those

Anyone ever used the Orbee balls?

Ok DOlers tempt me

Can someone reccomend a ball for a household with a JRT and a Goldie (i.e small and large dogs) the JRT is a very strong chewer and doesnt like squeakies, her mission with a toy is to destroy it which is why I buy tennis balls, but if I can find a ball that she will like to chew, I dont mind paying more for it :cry:

I don't give my labs tennis balls at home, one of them strips and pops them in minutes. I buy tennis ball sized rubber balls, they are hollow so have just enough give to make it hard for a dogs teeth to penetrate them. BigW sell them for $2 each. For some reason my dog prefers the yellow to the blue and red, probably they contrast better against the background.

Ok DOlers tempt me

Can someone reccomend a ball for a household with a JRT and a Goldie (i.e small and large dogs) the JRT is a very strong chewer and doesnt like squeakies, her mission with a toy is to destroy it which is why I buy tennis balls, but if I can find a ball that she will like to chew, I dont mind paying more for it :)

Kramar balls are cheap and come in at least two sizes - they have stood up to Perry' constant chewing so I think they would stand up to yours. Perry does not like squeakies either. The other ones I use for Perry are fantastic foam balls - I bought them from Wagsalot's on line store - they last for years and because they are a relatively light, soft dense foam ar pretty indestructible and do no obvious teeth damage.