My Old Girl Lady

mutt lover

Just thought I'd pop in here and post a pic of my old girl 'Lady' who is around 16 or 17 years of age don't know exactly as she was a shelter dog from rspca burwood 11 years ago and according to them she was 8 but my vet said she was no older than 5 or 6 so has to be at least 16. she was sitting on one of her beds in computer room this afternoon and had such a cute look on her face I couldn't resist taking her photo, I feel so very blessed as each day comes around that she is still here and I get to spend another day with her.

post-31607-1278150510_thumb.jpg

Edited by mutt lover

She looks beautiful! Gotta love the oldies...its what we all hope for isn't it...that our young pups will have a wonderful long life and look as contented as Lady does!

What a lovely old gal. Very precious.

Agree. Old dogs are just so special and precious. Makes me want to shed a happy tear whenever I see them trotting proudly next to their human companions.

What a lovely old gal. Very precious.

Agree. Old dogs are just so special and precious. Makes me want to shed a happy tear whenever I see them trotting proudly next to their human companions.

My Mufti the Magnificent takes himself downstairs (via the ramp) to lie in the sunshine. I've taken one of the trampoline beds down so he can be more comfortable, but maybe they prefer the ground?

Awww thanks everyone for your nice comments, she has always been my little angel, but is more of a devil these days think she has dementia and barks if I'm not in same room as her or if she can't see me seems to get a bit confused these days and her eye sight isn't that good now and is on monthly Cartrophen injections for her arthritis and is very tottery on her little legs now as well and doesn't want to go for walks anymore either, but she's still eating ok as I still have to count all my fingers when I give her a smackos :laugh:

She's lying on her bean bag bed on floor next to my computer asleep with a blanket over her and is covered up with a blanket where she sleeps on my bed of a night also I have 1 long cushion at base of bed on floor with another 2 on top at 1 end so she can get up on my bed and get down again and doesn't move until it's time to get up in the morning, (Yep life's certainly been tough for this little Lady)! :D

Edited by mutt lover

• 3 weeks later...