Lights For Dogs At Night

charli73

hello!

Last week we took Zoe for an off lead run at night and saw a lady with two dogs and they each had a coloured flashing light attached to their collars so she could see where they were, red and green.

Its a brilliant idea, anyone seen them or know where they sell them? i didnt have a chance to track this lady and her flashing labs down!!

It's a great idea! I like to take our dogs down to the local fenced oval for a run at night and we use bike reflectors flashing lights on their collars so we can see where they are.. I dont know if there's something specifically for dogs but our bike lights only cost $4 from the local cheap shop and take one aa battery.. they just clip right on the collar, really handy. :D

Edited by Skitch

I have one here, which I used with my previous (avatar) girl (bhcs). I purchased it from a Pet Supply store but can't remember which one - it was years ago. You should be able to pick them up at most Pet Supply stores. They're fairly common, as far as I'm aware.

Haven't seen anything particular for dogs, but have a couple for attaching to my bike helmet when riding at night. Check your local sports or bicycle shop or try online...

The ones I have attach like a key ring and could easily be adapted to fit on a dog's collar.

I've often thought about carrying a camping light with me in the dark - I use a path that's not too well lit and in the wee hours of the morning I'm a bit paranoid!

I've often thought about carrying a camping light with me in the dark - I use a path that's not too well lit and in the wee hours of the morning I'm a bit paranoid!

That would make yourself be seen more easily though. Kind of like saying "here I am, come get me".

i use the miner's lights that hikers use..have to fiddle a bit but theyre pretty good

this is for the bigger dogs that i mind,,,they have to go for a run at the park when all are gone and this way i can see where they are..bit of a lightshow sometimes lol

I bought lights through this seller on eBay. A friend and I split the cost, as her dogs lose theirs. We bought 10, I still have mine, she lost another one tonight LOL.

It was cheaper to buy from the US even though the dollar wasn't that great. These retail for about $12-15 here I think

Dog Lights

I have a "Bling Bling Blinker" from City Farmers (Petstock also had them), very similar to the ebay link #3. Really bright, so easy to keep track of small black dogs who disappear into the shadows at the park of an evening.

They are a bit flimsy though, you unscrew them a little to activate the light - wrestling/playing/running can see it unscrew completely and it's lost. I'm onto my third in as many months. Might look at some of the other options here.

I'm just going to add that these are not safe for epileptics who suffer from gran mal or absence seizures, particullary triggered by light.

My sister had a seizure everytime she went near her dog's tag that her husband bought her for their kelpie. They only figured it out because they went for a dusk walk, she leaned over, clicked it on, and went down like a sack of potatoes.

I've had a few blank outs when I see them on display at that megapet warehouse place, too

Please take it into consideration