Agility Training Talk Thread

Ok I've been fortunate enough to be lent four weavers so I am going to start some more intense 2x2 training :confused:

Watch this space. I am *hoping* to have some good progress made by Feb when we go back to agility class.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:love: Just be thankful it was a bee not a wasp, RS - wasps do multiple stings, and they hurt BIG TIME!
This is the dog who offered a 2o2o at the end of a tunnel
:eek: Loved this :love: - bless her little chocolate heart.

And :laugh: on her weave progress - sounds like the penny is dropping nicely.

Thankfully I haven't been stung by a wasp as yet, bees are scary enough! I remember my mum and sister being attacked by a bunch of wasps when they cut a tree back and didn't know there were wasps living in it! I do have wasps that hang around my yard, though :) They especially like to hang out where the water drips from the aircon, thirsty little buggers. And the dog water bowl that is near the back door.

And yes I loved the 2o2o tunnel contact, it was hilarious :eek: At first I didn't understand why she kept stopping at the end of it, then the penny dropped for me what she was doing :love: Such a smart girlie :)

I read this somewhere else that you got a bee sting, maybe facebook ? I was bitten by a redback twice and have been out of action for a couple of days, still manage my weave training though :laugh: So pleased it was during the week and not to impede our seminar ! Can't wait to get back to training.

I read this somewhere else that you got a bee sting, maybe facebook ? I was bitten by a redback twice and have been out of action for a couple of days, still manage my weave training though :laugh: So pleased it was during the week and not to impede our seminar ! Can't wait to get back to training.

oh my god! :eek: Twice! :eek: How did that happen?! Glad you're alright though! And yes, lucky it wasn't when the seminar is :laugh:

ruby, im terrified of bees and wasps too!! and horseflies as i found out today, i looked like a crazy lady at the dog park trying to get a horsefly to leave me alone :D

you all sound like you are making such good progress with your weaves and training. I think im at the point with raz on the 2o2o where i need to practise on the actual dog walk now. havent done any weaves for a while, been to wet :) might have to try it tomorrow if the sun makes an appearance

I read this somewhere else that you got a bee sting, maybe facebook ? I was bitten by a redback twice and have been out of action for a couple of days, still manage my weave training though :D So pleased it was during the week and not to impede our seminar ! Can't wait to get back to training.

oh my god! :D Twice! ;) How did that happen?! Glad you're alright though! And yes, lucky it wasn't when the seminar is :)

we got the house sprayed for spiders, it fell on me and bit me, they aren't normally aggressive. I feel so bad killing the spiders so I see it as a sort of poetic justice. See you tomorrow ;)

Thought i might join in now that i have a phone that takes good video :heart:

This is Cosmo from this morning after a month without training, pretty happy with the weaves. We don't trial or intend to (although Cos did a couple of club trials a few years ago) so this is just for fun.

because my weavers aren't as good as AD's :laugh: Just kidding- no trialling mainly because of time and although the competitive bug is biting me, its biting for show jumping over agility at this stage. I am happy to keep training for fun. ;)

Huski- its a Samsung and yes it is amazing quality- even the show jumping videos which are indoors are pretty good. I love it!

And yes Gilbert is a star- i have to get some videos of him shaping- we have almost finished shaping a bark on cue as our most recent trick!

because my weavers aren't as good as AD's :laugh: Just kidding- no trialling mainly because of time and although the competitive bug is biting me, its biting for show jumping over agility at this stage. I am happy to keep training for fun. ;)

Hmmmm........if only. That's the dog that won't bloody weave in the ring!! Working on putting MORE value on the weavers!

Thanks though! So hard when there are conflicting priorities.

Cute little one!

Aww so cute!!

I think if I was you Id get him to do another jump before turning him around and heading back over the dogwalk etc, that way he doesnt learn to backjump or head back onto contacts etc...my JRT is in love with the A-frame and I sometimes have a lot of trouble getting her off it...I think she likes the view lol

I shall definitely do that next time GG, it is only his second session ever on it so i didn't want to chain too many things together. :laugh:

Look forward to seeing the vid Huski ;)

It is hard to fit everything in- especially because we work alot of weekends too.