Do Any German Shepherd Owners Have One Of These Beds?

heroeswit

I've not got them for my GSD's - one of them would just drag them out into the rain/mud etc :laugh:

But they are a very popular, pretty tough but comfy bed - they are a very high selling item where i do casual work on weekends :laugh:

Edited by KitKat

I don't have a German Shep anymore but I have three of the xl size beds for my Rotty, lab and one for my foster dogs. My last foster who was a mastiff and my current foster who is a great Dane cross love them. My Rotty is usually a mattress eater and she hasn't tried to eat this one. She has her own couch so only sleeps in it sometimes but she quite likes it. My lab is a massive chewer and he hasn't tried to eat them either.

I put a polar fleece blanket over the mattress so then I can just wash that instead of taking the cover off.

I would definately recommend them. They look neat and tidy inside and the dogs (and cats:) love em!

I purchased the XL size for my boy. He had one for inside and one for outside. The outside one lasted two days before Kody tore it apart. (he was a chewer as a pup)

Kody tended to overheat in the inside one. So I lent it to my parents for their 11yr old GSD, who seems to love the nice warm cosy feeling.

They are great as it also has the added benefit if you dog sleeps in the bedroom, he doesn't have to lean against the wall which can make marks.

I like them for inside as they are nice and neat.

we have that in a xl for a lab and a goldie, they both share it but they are quite young around 1year old.

it's been the only bed that has lasted through puppy stages with a couple of small tears here and there.

Very comfy and they love it. you can easily wash the cover of the cushion as well.

Personally...i wouldn't give anything expensive to one of my guys while they were in the chewing stage - mind you my 'good' boy would never have eaten something he wasn't supposed to :) My other boy is still a scruffnut and will eat somethings he's not supposed to, but with other things he'll just leave out in the weather etc.

For example i have two tramp type beds - on those beds is a fairly expensive cushion each and under that is a thing foam bed between the good one and the tramp bed. Bronx's bed is as if it were made yesterday - nothing out of place...Sabe on the other hand has the expensive cushion partly in, partly through and partly outside of the tramp bed, i think the thin foam is still there... :thumbsup:'

I think if you were getting one of these beds for inside you'd probably be fine as you can teach the pup to not eat it while you are there etc...i think if it was an outside bed...it would be fair game :thumbsup:

I started off with this XL bed for my gsd puppy and as he grew I introduced the crate. At first I thought it was a good alternative to the crate as it has the sides. As you can see in the photo, I was recommended by our puppy class trainer to close off the entrance of the bed with cardboard to make it more like an enclosure. This was quickly chewed up :laugh: There really isn't any alternative to a crate..

Bedtime.jpg

Edited by Trojanowski

How easy are these beds to clean?

We had Snooza D1000 that were chew-proof but the hair just seemed to stick like glue. No amount of vacuuming would budge it.

Now we have Snooza futons in their crates and the futons are much easier to keep clean, both in terms of vacuuming and fitting in the washing machine.

But I like the look of these beds for upstairs.

How easy are these beds to clean?

We had Snooza D1000 that were chew-proof but the hair just seemed to stick like glue. No amount of vacuuming would budge it.

Now we have Snooza futons in their crates and the futons are much easier to keep clean, both in terms of vacuuming and fitting in the washing machine.

But I like the look of these beds for upstairs.

must say that I did like those snoozas but our mal used to tip her food out on it and along came baby Kayne - he could smell food so he chewed the futon.

Now we have Yuki and anything not nailed done gets dumped in the pool.

We have this bed for our GSD. Chloe is very funny though, she is in and out of the bed a few times at night, she sleeps in her bed for awhile, then under our bed. Sometimes she sleeps half in and half out of her bed lol. Overall it's been a good investment, I liked it because it looked like it would hold up a lot better and I didn't think the price was all that bad. Íts easy to keep clean.

I decided to purchase an XL one of these beds but I've put it into the wire crate that I got for the pup. It fits perfectly and also limits the amount of room the pup has to move around in the crate. Hopefully it lasts and isn't chewed up. Will keep everyone posted but hopefully it will all be good news.

:confused: