What Is Your Dog's Favourite Chew Toy?

Staranais

What's your dog's favourite chew toy?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. That can be used unsupervised, isn't too smelly, and has no squeaker!

• Kong
    • Rope toy
    • Orbee
    • Nylabone
    • Everlasting treat ball
    • Other... tell me what!

I live with a little Miss Fussy, who just isn't into chew toys. I must have spent hundreds of dollars on her over the years. If it's not edible, she's just not interested in chewing it.

She loves RMB and other edible chews, but I'm looking for something not edible, that she can have in the house & that won't freak me out if she decides to leave it in my bed (as she so often does). :o

The kong was ignored. The mint flavoured orbee was apparently only interesting so long as it was filled with things. The beef flavoured nylabone is ignored. The rope chew is ignored. The nylabone double action dental chew thingy is ignored.

Tennis balls and soft toys keep her occupied & happy, but I don't want to leave her alone with them as she destroys them so quickly.

I'm tossing up buying an everlasting treat ball for her, but am a little reluctant to shell out $60 (ouch!) for something she may decide to completely ignore.

I'm interested in hearing what chew toys other dogs really enjoy - preferably ones that are long lasting, not too grubby, and not squeaky.

Stuffed toy addict in this house! She destroys them so I just buy them from an op shop now - she gets one a month. Her other love is fleecy toys. Despite her love for them fleecy pom poms last maybe 5 mins. The plaited ones with balls last several months, although the balls are quickly killed off in the first couple of days. She plays with the fleecies daily. I've bought fleecy offcuts so I can make some myself and obviously save some money. I also spent a fortune on kongs - she likes the ones with dangly bits but the plain rubber ones you put food into she has no interest in at all.

None of my other dogs could give a toss about toys but with the destroyer - I let her destroy only those items I specifically give her and remove the debris after a play. It saves her eating all my pillows and doonas (as she also did before the toy a month idea).

Rileys fav is the Nylabone Galileo.

The everlasting treat balls - the treat stays in for about 5 mins max here then both treat and ball get left.

If she isn't into chew toys, why not just give up on them and try other toys instead? She might like puzzle toys or balls, or just soft toys to carry around

Edited by wagsalot

The everlasting treat balls - the treat stays in for about 5 mins max here then both treat and ball get left.

Oh damn, really? Thanks for saving me $60! :(

She does love balls and other toys, but they tend to last a matter of minutes, and I don't want to leave something breakable with her during the day for safety's sake.

Going to the OP shop for soft toys is a great idea!

Do you want food toys or chew toys or both?

Tug-a-jugs are pretty indestructable :laugh:http://dstore.com.au/search/Tug-a-Jug/

The Kyjen toys are pretty good too, I've found them to be just as (if not more) durable than the Tuffy toys, and cheaper too.

eta, Aussie dog http://www.aussiedog.com.au/index.php?main...dex&cPath=1 :laugh:

Edited by SecretKei

I put Kong as I recently got one of these for Oscar and he just LOVES it!! However I do buy these little fluffly colourful toy that has about four ends to it with squeaky things in each end that he just loves throwing in the air and playing with! I often come home to snow in the backyard but hey for only $5 it's no big deal and he loves playing with it just as much when it is flat. :thanks:

Riley loves the water bottles too - I found the Kyjen Bottle buddies and he looovvves them. Its a soft cover and you put a water bottle inside. He loves the noise - I don't though! Especially while trying to watch tv!

These look great - my two would love them - where can I get them - are they available in Australia or only from the US?