Family Portraits (pack Style)

tlc

And my pack has increased by one, so here is the update, with our newfie rescue Tobias (31'' high)

2736595170048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

2779116930048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

I cannot believe how small he makes our Katy (28'' high) look and Annabelle looks like a mini newf (26'' high)........Tessa is just a midget next to him

Edited by newfsie

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops one fell off!

Jeeze, no wonder Isaak keeps getting mistaken for a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy. He has a very different head to my other two, much stronger around the muzzle and with deeper "jowls" and a stronger lower jaw. He looks just like one, except that he'd be decidedly smaller than a Berner of the same age.

When people ask if he's a BMD though, I just point to the other end.....lack of tail is a dead giveaway.

Your dogs are gorgeous.....absolutely stunning, and I fully agree with you.....love definitely only comes in three colours. Black, tan and white.

WOW what a beautiful pack of newfies and that boy is HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gaylek I love them too :rofl:

The first and only litter I had was a puppy with half a tail everyone asks the owners if I docked his tail, they have even argued with someone who insisted I must have docked it....maybe they should just tell them he's an Aussie and save the grief :laugh:

Newfsie, great shots of your pack, your new boy is huge! He looks like he has fitted in nicely. Have you ever stayed at Best friends holiday retreat? Last time we were there the people in the next cabin had newfs 2 of them that we could see, I know its a long shot but I thought it might have been you??

Lolapolooza, what are your guys tempraments like, I have a friend also a DOLer (I'll get her to have a look at this thread) she is contemplating another dog and very keen on your breed.

Here's an accidental family portrait. I was tending chooks, the dogs were locked behind the gate because no matter how much they tell me they'll look but not touch, I simply don't believe a word of it.

And for those who don't know....yep, I have four dogs. The little one is my 16yo Lhasa Apso....probably not purebred....named Kassy. Kassy has the honour of being the dumbest dog I have ever encountered and it's not old age that's doing it, she was the dumbest puppy I ever owned and she didn't improve with age. However, I don't say she's dumb to be insulting, just honest. She's a character and bosses the bigger dogs around relentlessly. She was the only one barking at the chooks, the others know better. But if I tell her to shut up, she just looks at me blankly and keeps barking.

dogsfence1s.jpg

Here are my guys. The only way I could get Isaak to stay there was to tie him to the bench and he doesn't look too happy about it.

fam1.jpg

I keep meaning to post and say that your doggies are so beautiful - their colouring and expressions. Such beautiful, beautiful dogs!

ReadySetGo: They are sooooooooo beautiful. Not sure you could refuse them anything if they look up at you that way. OH absolutely refuses to let me get an SBT for our next dog even though the two we know at Dog School (Ducky and Bella) are super adorable, but even he had to admit when he saw this photo that they can look gorgeous:

IMG_1156.jpg

Particularly the doggy on the far right ... So cuddly!

Gayle, I love the chook pen shot, your little one does look like she is woo wooing the chooks :heart:

RSG, Gorgeous Stafford, I know there is no such thing as an all black stafford but they are soooo black, can you see any brindle in them in certain light?

Gayle, I love the chook pen shot, your little one does look like she is woo wooing the chooks :laugh:

RSG, Gorgeous Stafford, I know there is no such thing as an all black stafford but they are soooo black, can you see any brindle in them in certain light?

Brindle :eek: she colours them hairs in :rofl:

Gayle, I love the chook pen shot, your little one does look like she is woo wooing the chooks :laugh:

Brindle :eek: she colours them hairs in :eek:

shudd-up :rofl:

Those one's all have some brindle hairs in them. The two on the left are black/brindle and white and the one on the right is actually a brindle. I have mastered the art of light, background and converting to black and white. They all look black ;)

I know they are black and white pics, but I have seen some of your pics that are not black and white and they still look so black. (or maybe all the pics I've seen of yours are B & W)

Im not familiar with Black Staffords at all and actually have never even seen one in real life. My girlfriend has these colored Staffords

This is Roxy, I think one or two of her pups (now about 4)owners are on DOL

44208_432871291628_598356628_5135238_2200926_n.jpg

This is Roxy with Bullet

untitled.jpg

Edited by tlc

[quote name='koalathebear' date='4th Oct 2010 - 10:11 PM' post='4857121'

I keep meaning to post and say that your doggies are so beautiful - their colouring and expressions. Such beautiful, beautiful dogs!

Awww, thank you for taking the time to say so. Black tri's are probably the plain Janes of the breed...the merles are very colourful and splashy, the reds are pretty....but I love the black tri's the best.

Love this thread, lots of gorgeous happy family snaps!

Thought I would add a pic of my pack from this past weekend!

Dakota, on the left, is our baby, we brought her home at 8 w.o, and she will be 3 this month. I couldn't imagine life without her.

Tika, on the right, is a new addition to our family (first foster, and a failure...lol), she is 6 y.o, a big fluffy sweetheart, fits in perfectly and we love her dearly.

P9290042.jpg