Dutchie X At Pp

Nekhbet

Are you serious not from working lines your full of it seriously, not only after you had those pups did you try and sell your male shepherd but also that dutch shepherd female you wanted to get rid of them straight away........ Gumtree says it all.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread that got locked & deleted a few days back, turned into a giant bunfight. Hence why people have been asked not to post on this thread so Nehkbet & Jeff Jones who are helping can keep us updated on what's going on with these pups.

Dutch shepherd is a high drive hard working line dog - similar to a working line malinois. The ferrari of working dogs, used for police & security & protection work. There was an ooops litter, dutchie x GSD, bred by a DOL member, which has somehow turned up in pet planet and has been onsold to unsuspecting, inexperienced families with small children. An accident waiting to happen, basically.

Thanks for this heads up.

Are there other breeds that would be described as 'high drive hard working dogs'? Isn't that why the police & military use German & Belgian Shepherds so extensively?

So wouldn't there be other dogs that shouldn't be sold to unsuspecting, inexperienced families??? The man who does our gardening bought a German Shepherd from a pet store.

Seems to add up to one of the main reasons why all breeds of dogs should be bought directly from registered breeders who know the attributes and needs well.

The welfare of these puppies at the centre of this furore should take one pride of place. I don't agree with the statement that they would have been better off put to sleep. Steps should be taken to ensure they're homed appropriately...as should be the case for other dogs of this type. German & Belgian Shepherds. I think I read, on the other thread, that those trying to sort things had also offered to take them in & do so. If so, that's decent, sensible and humane.

Should the puppies finish up being PTS as a result of this intervention, it'd be a disgrace.

Exactly, tons of HIGH prey drive dogs are sold not only by pet shops but by ppl with no idea what they're breeding. Why does everyone label these pups as angerous?? Who says they're not suitable as pets?? I guess u're all experts now, must have owned heaps of the years, NOT!!!!

I know who bred the pups and i know for a fact that none are going out of shops as a result of all this crap, if anything it will raise their price, so keep going, shops should be happy. The shops are making sure they go to right homes, not all shops are dumb and careless.

Get ur facts straight before u start shit. But then again forums are full of ppl with nothing better to do then butt into other ppls business and try to start problems

Brad, i'm not getting anyone to make calls on my behalf, u're all trying to get a picture and u have no idea what's going on, so get ur facts straigh, the pups are not mine and they're not from working lines.

I think you have a case of foot in mouth disease. I did not mention in my previous post to whom the abusive / threatening phone calls were made...

Exactly, tons of HIGH prey drive dogs are sold not only by pet shops but by ppl with no idea what they're breeding. Why does everyone label these pups as angerous?? Who says they're not suitable as pets?? I guess u're all experts now, must have owned heaps of the years, NOT!!!!

I know who bred the pups and i know for a fact that none are going out of shops as a result of all this crap, if anything it will raise their price, so keep going, shops should be happy. The shops are making sure they go to right homes, not all shops are dumb and careless.

Get ur facts straight before u start shit. But then again forums are full of ppl with nothing better to do then butt into other ppls business and try to start problems

There goes any credibility you possibly could have had left Kristina... not all PP stores are bad? They understand the requirements of working line dogs and know how to place them in homes responsibly? Pull the other one... I cannot believe you are justifying the sale of these dogs in pet stores :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

Bullshit someone who works in a pet store can deduce which family a high drive working line shepherd should go to. Or will even attempt to try.

"Wow these puppies are cute, can I buy one?"

"Got a credit card?"

"Yeah I do"

"Then Yes you can, and you can take it home right now!"

Where do these ''High drive dogs'' that end up in pet stores come from? where does any of the dogs that end up in pet stores come from? I have yet to know of a reputable breeder who would sell to a pet store.

I think it's disgusting that so many people have had to give up their time, energy, resources trying to clean up some one else's stupid mistake.

Where do these ''High drive dogs'' that end up in pet stores come from? where does any of the dogs that end up in pet stores come from? I have yet to know of a reputable breeder who would sell to a pet store.

I think it's disgusting that so many people have had to give up their time, energy, resources trying to clean up some one else's stupid mistake.

Puppy farmers.

I cannot imagine any responsible ethical breeder selling their babies to a pet store.

Dont bother with this guys, I can tell you it will lead to nothing. Kristina doesnt think she has done anything wrong and is happy to see working pups in pet stores.

You'll just frustrate yourself. And people like that arent worth it.

Dont bother with this guys, I can tell you it will lead to nothing. Kristina doesnt think she has done anything wrong and is happy to see working pups in pet stores.

Totally agree :laugh:

unfortunately i have to agree

Agree.

True that.

I've got to admit to having a morbid fascination though in the fact that these apparently aren't working lines. So has Kristina sourced "show line" dutch shepherds? To my knowledge, there are no show line dutch shepherds in Aussie. Only FCI (schutzhund) and KNPV working lines. So if she's telling us the truth, she must have imported?

Puppy farmers.

I cannot imagine any responsible ethical breeder selling their babies to a pet store.

Yup...I know a few breeder's, all registered, and reputable. None of them would even consider selling to a pet store.

Guess that's the difference between an ethical breeder and some one with no ethics who is only interested in the money :laugh:

I am also curious why you bred this litter? For what intention???? I see no need!!

It has been mentioned many times that the litter was accidental.

Edited to remove excessive snarkiness.

Edited by Hardy's Angel

So what your saying is that you did not determine that the pups had any drive by 7weeks and just sold them off to the pet shop? Just to let you guys know i went down to the dandenong and Fountain Gate Pets Paradise and had a look at the pups there were 3 in dandenong with 1 male sold, 1 male and female left who had drive and did play really hard compared to the male that was already sold. In Fountain Gate they also had 3 pups with only 1 left which was a male i believe being sold at $695. The lady in Dandenong was fairly clueless about the breed and only knew that they were used for herding sheep and have straighter backs than German Shepherds. She did not say anything about drive or nothing like that she was fairly keen in selling myself one at $500 odd dollars.