Dogs And 'your' Bathtime?

Tokkie

My dogs love it when I take a bath...... they try to eat the bubbles and will not leave until I let the water out.

Oooooo bubbles!

4975794747_9c681b67d9_z.jpg

You distract her and I'll steal the bubbles....

4975795197_e7bd4a07a7_z.jpg

Mmmmmmm......

4976407818_be8314b1d8_z.jpg

I'll never help her again, I did not get any bubbles.....

4975795637_7a1460d860_z.jpg

Any other photos?

Edited by Tokkie

i normally have showers and while my parents were away, the dog was around me more than she usually would. when i showered she'd sometimes come sticky beak, but if the door to the shower was open, she wouldn't come here it lol

i had a bath last week, and she came near that occasionally but mostly just slept on the floor beside it lol. she became more obsessed when i pulled the plug at the sound the water made going down the drain was was staring at it very very intently lol

strange tho, as she loves the pool and would swim all day every day if she could, but hates all other water. she's ok at the beach, but we don't go often, so she's always unsure of the waves.

Fab photos, your little one is getting so big!

I usually have showers but on the occasion I have a spa the dogs are curious as It makes a big noise and they do like the bubbles, I have never taken any photos though, wouldn't trust myself... Me + Water + a camera = disaster :laugh: Bad enough when I go to the beach. I do have a few shots of my lot in the tub.

I rarely have baths but our italian greyhound will walk right into the shower with me! Our shower is one of those wasteful double ended ones where two people can shower at once because it has two shower heads so it's very long.. he loves to just get up the other end of the shower where the water cant get to him and bask in the steam! It's cute but weird.. people freak out when I say my dog showers with me! I dont see why.. it's not like he's looking at anything, he just likes the warmth. He also doesn't really object if I drag him down to the water end for a quick wash! I can tell he doesn't particularly enjoy it but he never struggles and doesn't seem to mind it really lol.

ETA: Those photos of your dogs are so cute.. what a pair of expressionistic little pups!

Edited by Skitch

tlc... I have one of those Panasonic tough cameras, I bought it because I don't take my 'real' camera to the beach, but love beach photos. :eek:

carebear... because Ringo has a short coat he showers with me once a week, he does not 'like' it but will stand there to make me happy.... :laugh:

Edit: Skitch we posted at the same time, sounds like your greyhound and Ringo are the same. :rofl:

Pixie, Nandi steals my shoes.... :idea:

Edited by Tokkie

Sounds like me I have a beach camera, two infact, I also now have a beach phone as there is no way Im taking my iphone 4 to the beach :laugh:

The other week at the beach I laughed at one of the girls (DOLer Tez) as she fell over and then right after that as I was so busy laughing at Tez I fell over, well I had and sand god knows where and of course I had four very concerned little k9s all over me to make sure I was ok! All I thought was :eek: hope my iphone survived the fall!

Zero isn't allowed to come into the bathroom when I'm in the bath - he would try and get in there with me! Instead I get him standing outside the door while i'm in there and he goes nuts when I come out.

Same happens when I'm in the toilet. He has to know what I'm doing at all times!!!

My cats love it when I have baths. They're obsessed with anything to do with water, but when I have a bath they both love to run laps around the edge. Even though they've both slipped and fallen in several times before, they keep coming back for more. :laugh: And Oscar waits every single day for us to get out of the bath/shower so he can lick the water off our ankles. :eek:

Minxy.... Nandi does that also, she licks the water off my legs.... :laugh:

Shell, Nandi is like that.... if I close the toilet door she will cry and when I open it she is so happy you would thing I was gone for hours :eek: .

Edit: Thanks Harley :idea:

Edited by Tokkie

Heidi loves it when the kids have their bath. Its almost a ritual, the way she goes in, wags her tail gently, and starts making little noises with her mouth. Then the girls kiss her, and Heidi goes from one kid to the other, getting these same smoochy kisses from them. It's one of the most gentle times of her daily adventures. Funny to watch.

My dogs love it when I take a bath...... they try to eat the bubbles and will not leave until I let the water out.

Oooooo bubbles!

4975794747_9c681b67d9_z.jpg

You distract her and I'll steal the bubbles....

4975795197_e7bd4a07a7_z.jpg

Mmmmmmm......

4976407818_be8314b1d8_z.jpg

I'll never help her again, I did not get any bubbles.....

4975795637_7a1460d860_z.jpg

Any other photos?

omg, these are gorgeous!

I rarely have baths but our italian greyhound will walk right into the shower with me! Our shower is one of those wasteful double ended ones where two people can shower at once because it has two shower heads so it's very long.. he loves to just get up the other end of the shower where the water cant get to him and bask in the steam! It's cute but weird.. people freak out when I say my dog showers with me! I dont see why.. it's not like he's looking at anything, he just likes the warmth. He also doesn't really object if I drag him down to the water end for a quick wash! I can tell he doesn't particularly enjoy it but he never struggles and doesn't seem to mind it really lol.

ETA: Those photos of your dogs are so cute.. what a pair of expressionistic little pups!

:eek: Sounds a bit like my shower time. Although, I have a single (normal?) shower and two Great Danes! Both are more than happy to wander in for a drink, a pat, a wash.................... Hmm, maybe I'm lucky I don't own a bath. :rofl:

Mrs tornsoccks, Archie's is cute.... does she ever get into the bath?

I had a labrador in South Africa, whenever he heard the bath filling he will come running, the problem was he did not stop, just jumped stright in! :rofl:

itsmeg, my shower (and bath) are so small... a great dane wel NOT fit in it.... :eek:

My gypsy sleeps on my clothes and hides yet another pair of knickers.

Meg stands right near the bath and HAS to see me otherwise she worries and sooks.

One time she couldnt see me so she jumped on me in the bath.... and gypsy soon followed.

So long for that bath, had to have a shower after :eek:

Love the photos and commentary, very apt.

Twice now Tag has surprised me by actually getting in to the bath with me. I couldn't believe he would really do it, so I just watched and let him do as he pleased. He carefully climbed in, sat down at my feet and relaxed for a few minuets, then leapt out and ran all around the house like an idiot. I didn't actually see him do that cause I stayed in the bath but I heard him. :) I was silly enough to let him do it a 2nd time cause I thought after the first he'd decide not to, but no he repeated it all again, and so did I. :laugh: