Dr. Chris Brown On 7pm Project Tuesday Night...

Fevah

Before joining DOL I had no idea what a puppy farm was, had never even heard of one. I'm not a fan of Dr Chris Brown, never have been but I think he did an excellent job on that story.

I told work mates yesterday to watch the segment. This morning we have all been talking about it and pretty much all of them said "I didn't know that's what you meant when you told us about puppy farms!" All have been shocked and horrified.

Even in my work place that segment has opened alot of eyes and made many people aware of the situation.

is all good, first they get bombarded with the rally all over the news now we have this, this is excellent!!!! :confused:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I'm curious what everyone's take on the PIAA and their stance ? I know they don't "discourage" the use of "accidental births" from the public by their member stores. They try to push for the use of shelter animals first and then PIAA breeders second (who's to say those breeders are REPUTABLE ?) however they don't discourage against the use of "accidental births" thus there is an easy loophole for the stores to use this as a way to "get supplies".

http://www.theage.com.au/national/rspca-ca...0710-104vy.html

sigh :laugh:

there is absolutely no doubt that the PIAA support puppy factories. oh but they only support 'ethical' ones of course :confused:

My memory isnt that great at the best of times but I thought that Chesty Bond mentioned that he didnt really have any idea this was happening and how bad it was until he saw it with his own eyes. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this one I think.

BTW, I'm curious what everyone's take on the PIAA and their stance ? I know they don't "discourage" the use of "accidental births" from the public by their member stores. They try to push for the use of shelter animals first and then PIAA breeders second (who's to say those breeders are REPUTABLE ?) however they don't discourage against the use of "accidental births" thus there is an easy loophole for the stores to use this as a way to "get supplies".

there is absolutely no doubt that the PIAA support puppy factories. oh but they only support 'ethical' ones of course :confused:

An ethical puppyfarm is an oxymoron.

My memory isnt that great at the best of times but I thought that Chesty Bond mentioned that he didnt really have any idea this was happening and how bad it was until he saw it with his own eyes. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this one I think.

:confused:

My friends and I call him Roger Ramjet.

its only natural that they would be fighting to make it all look good to keep pups in shops. i think they are on a losing battle when they show videos of raids and the appauling conditions, thats going to get to the public and get the message out there.

:confused:

My friends and I call him Roger Ramjet.

at least he is better than the gardener and it looks like he is willing to learn and help. where as another celeb shall call him the gardener, didn't want to listen to no one he knew it all.....this one doesn't appear to be like that.

That's a point. They have probably been worded up by the bosses.

I have heard a chinese whisper that one particular chain isn't doing too well.

seen a few have been closing down recently so it just goes to show that the public are slowly being made aware it think, shops changing their sales tactic is another indication i think really too. probably many people are going into petshops and asking where do the pups come from so they now say "family breeders" i should have really questioned further and put my 2 cents worth in on that comment but i just wasn't game enough :confused:

can i ask who posted a link to the oscars law facebook page? where Debra is talking about councillor jane hildebrandt please? i want to comment on this. i am the one that got a full lecture from this jane a while back when i wrote to wellington shire council. can i please have the link again i can't find it anywhere on face book now

Edited by toy dog

There is no reason Dr Brown would know. Most of the vets who know about puppy mills are those who have puppy farm clients. Most of the others never heard of them.

Some vets encourage them - some vets actually help sell the pups.

It's great that Dr Brown is speaking out against puppy mills. Because he is a vet, he is more credible. A sales adage says "don't tell me, show me" - and this is the way to get the message about mills to the public.

toydog

seen a few have been closing down recently

they are always closing down and reopening a month or so later. The owners go broke and the chain takes over the shop and resells later to someone else who also goes broke

Edited by Octavia

As long as Dr Chris actually keeps on this bandwagon and shows he has some real ethics and morals I might have a shred of respect for him. But we shall see if he eventually settles back into his world of neuticles and petstore pups.

As for not knowing about puppy farms - we all know animal cruelty exists and we all know there are people out there who breed purely for money and think it's OK to treat animals like shit until the day they die or are no longer profitable. If you DONT well I think someone's been living in too sheltered a world.

toydog

seen a few have been closing down recently

they are always closing down and reopening a month or so later. The owners go broke and the chain takes over the shop and resells later to someone else who also goes broke

as long as they always go broke, music to my ears. lol its always good to see an empty petshop closed down, warms my heart. lol

As for not knowing about puppy farms - we all know animal cruelty exists and we all know there are people out there who breed purely for money and think it's OK to treat animals like shit until the day they die or are no longer profitable. If you DONT well I think someone's been living in too sheltered a world.

I agree but I think the public simply do not think about it. They are totally oblivious to this fact. I'm sure it hasn't even crossed their minds for one second!

Regardless of what people think of Dr Chis Brown I think he did a great job and I'm pleased this issue is being more publicly stated and showed on popular tv programs to get the word out there. I am glad more people will now be aware of this issue.

What is the difference between a puppy farm and an rspca approved breeding facility?

Ms Jalbert said vets and shelters were seeing constant problems with chronically ill or genetically flawed dogs from puppy factories. Lack of social interaction and handling and learned behaviour from mothers made fearful by constant confinement also led to behavioural problems later in a puppy's life, she said.

''The consumer and the animals are the ones suffering while these people who run the factories are cashing in,'' she said.

I thought it was pedigree dog breeders that were cashing in on consumers struggling with their genetic defect dogs?

change of tact hey.

As long as Dr Chris actually keeps on this bandwagon and shows he has some real ethics and morals I might have a shred of respect for him. But we shall see if he eventually settles back into his world of neuticles and petstore pups.

try wellington shire councillors write to them and see what responses you get out of them. 2 have said to me in emails, they farm livestock why not dogs, dogs shouldn't have such high privledges. the dogs in these farms are getting treated good. the list goes on the crap they tell people. just got an email from wellington shire, after i plasted an email to all the councillors in the shire STOP PUPPY FARMS CLOSE THEM DOWN lol......their response: we are monitoring each and every farm through clause....and we thank you for your email.

what crap they are trying to make out they are monitoring and inspecting these farms randomly when the ranger told RSPCA puppy farm forum they havne't got the resources and then it was found their reports were blank for the last 5 years on the 14 farms down there.

that farm that got raided recently with chris brown would be under wellington shire council who don't give a shite.

I agree but I think the public simply do not think about it. They are totally oblivious to this fact. I'm sure it hasn't even crossed their minds for one second!

Regardless of what people think of Dr Chis Brown I think he did a great job and I'm pleased this issue is being more publicly stated and showed on popular tv programs to get the word out there. I am glad more people will now be aware of this issue.

i think because he is a hit with us females, well most of us anyway, LOL he will get the message out there so i am glad he is on the case now. we could not have found a better person for the job.

i think because he is a hit with us females, well most of us anyway, LOL he will get the message out there so i am glad he is on the case now. we could not have found a better person for the job.

Somehow he just doesn't hit it with me :confused::laugh: any who, I agree and I hope he doesn't "stuff" it up.