Best Shampoo And Conditioner

If I used human products on customers dog and any had a reaction then I am liable, at least if I am using products that say they are made for dogs it is much more simple just to try something else and the customers wont have a problem with that.

I have tried tresemme in the past and it ended up drying my hair out way too much.

I felt like I was being criticised for doing something different to her breeder.

Do you have them sigh a contract to waiver you off liability ??

What happens if you bath the Afghan in a dog range & it reacts when they are happy with Tresemme ??

( you can still buy Vitapoint in the supermarkets, at least in the UK)

Hasn't been available in Australia for a long time as far as I am aware.

You can buy vitapoint here :( think priceline stocks it >

Not down here unfortunately. :thumbsup:

The afghan is my own dog. If I bath a dog in human shampoo and it has a reaction the clients can say it was because it wasn't designed for dogs but if it's a dog product they will accept I just need to try something different.

I have no problem using human shampoos I have used them in the past on my own dogs.

I am trying to post a couple of pics but my computer won't let me save my resized photo's for some reason.

The afghan is my own dog. If I bath a dog in human shampoo and it has a reaction the clients can say it was because it wasn't designed for dogs but if it's a dog product they will accept I just need to try something different.

I have no problem using human shampoos I have used them in the past on my own dogs.

Shilo's breeder uses Tresseme shampoo and conditioner, I was hoping to find a good dog product rather than a human one.

:D

I am trying to post a couple of pics but my computer won't let me save my resized photo's for some reason.

How would they know what shampoo you had used, unless you tell them?

I want a good dog shampoo for my afghan that I can also use on clients dogs hopefully that makes sense..

Many clients want to know what I use on their dogs so they can use the same thing in between grooms.

I guess some people making comments are not business owners, if I use a product not designed specifically for dogs and there is a bad reaction and it escalates, the last thing I want is to fork out 100's or 1000,s of dollars on vet treatment. Might sound far fetched but it's not. People can be completely over the top especially when it comes to their animals.

I will not hide things from my clients and I groom from a vet clinic so must follow protocol. I thought that was being responsible.

How does such a simple question turn in to such a silly debate.

Can any afghan owners please tell me what shampoos and conditioners they recommend, our girl has still got her puppy coat although she must be pretty close to changing to adult.

At the moment I am using double k grimeinator shampoo and kerri cot conditioner. She looks fine but I was wondering if something else migh be better suited.

Try this website http://www.faythfulpetproducts.com.au/ they will advise on the best one for an Afghan Coat, I have tried almost every shampoo on the market over the past 10 years and recently bought some of this at a show. I have a highly allergic dog and since washing her in their Ultra Reconstructing Shampoo twice her coat is lovely, soft and re-growing and the best thing was she didnt react to it, smells really nice too and the effects are long lasting.

K9 Katz - I was not going to be post but I am very pleased you are receiving great results, I truly love hearing the products working for problematic coats, maintaining a nice coat is one thing, but throw allergens in the mix and you get a handful, so it always pleases me when it helps someone else :)

Edited by ~Myschafis~